Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australian Federal Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's spend billions on subs so we can win a State in the next election. Defence workers are all laughing as we have no one to man the Submarines and no one joining up to man them. No doubt we will outsource this to the Chinese Shocked

The Submarine choice is the best, it's a pity SA cannot build a canoe but get a Sub contract. Cool Laughing
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:37 am

Oops. Too much data.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Wokko wrote:
I've been wondering how Labor could blow it? Whoever decided to make boat people a part of the election again needs to be fired Laughing

https://scontent.fmel1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/13062174_1111322342242482_2064402116437117769_n.png?oh=380f6ca0cc795634f65e9a742e3e059a&oe=57B87E68

If extending some basic humanity to the innocents locked up indefinitely in our tropical paradise prison camps is 'blowing it', then so be it (of course, Labor are more than happy to play both sides on this issue, so I don't think anyone's under the illusion we're going to start following our treaties or anything).

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Culprit wrote:
Let's spend billions on subs so we can win a State in the next election. Defence workers are all laughing as we have no one to man the Submarines and no one joining up to man them. No doubt we will outsource this to the Chinese Shocked

The Submarine choice is the best, it's a pity SA cannot build a canoe but get a Sub contract. Cool Laughing

Then the Shit On the Needy

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:16 pm

David wrote:
Wokko wrote:
I've been wondering how Labor could blow it? Whoever decided to make boat people a part of the election again needs to be fired Laughing

https://scontent.fmel1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/13062174_1111322342242482_2064402116437117769_n.png?oh=380f6ca0cc795634f65e9a742e3e059a&oe=57B87E68

If extending some basic humanity to the innocents locked up indefinitely in our tropical paradise prison camps is 'blowing it', then so be it (of course, Labor are more than happy to play both sides on this issue, so I don't think anyone's under the illusion we're going to start following our treaties or anything).

Whatever your personal views on the issue, it's election poison for the left since Tampa. Only Rudd managed to nullify it.

In a similar story, and I can't find the link apparently the carbon tax is being resurrected. Labor really going to the well to find election losing policies to bring back. Why stop there? Why not an Internet Filter and the Australia Card?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:39 pm

The carbon tax ain't no killer this time around. Most people realise it cost them stuff all and no prices have dropped since its removal. I was all for it as it made people think about what they use. Unlike these current idiots who use our taxes to pay for advertising for the coal industry and try to tell us it's clean. The Chinese are heavily into our solar industry and that's the way they are heading as our current clowns refuse to accept clean energy and remember "wind farms are ugly". More people are employed in the solar industry in the USA than the coal industry but yet we still live in the past.
partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Opposition to the carbon tax helped Abbott win the last election, however his failure to get the spending cuts its abolition required has given the LNP a massive political and economic problem.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:05 pm

partypie wrote:
Opposition to the carbon tax helped Abbott win the last election, however his failure to get the spending cuts its abolition required has given the LNP a massive political and economic problem.

Turnbull seems to have given up on spending cuts and shrinking Government and is looking to create new and imaginative taxes. I'm actually 50/50 on preferencing Labor over Liberal for the first time since Latham but Labor just doesn't seem to want the votes. Laughing
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Culprit wrote:

Someone called it the most expensive work for the dole scheme of all time. Laughing
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Culprit wrote:

I'll be in my 40s by the time these Subs are delivered and wouldn't mind making a bit of cash, will the Navy take me Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:27 am

Wokko wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I'll be in my 40s by the time these Subs are delivered and wouldn't mind making a bit of cash, will the Navy take me Laughing
I am set to land some $$$ from the French.

Here's a look at the new Sub.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Mungo Maccallum on Mirabella:

"It is fair to say that the revenant candidate for the seat of Indi, Sophie Mirabella, would never win a nation-wide popularity contest.

At the end of the 2013, the normally placid independent Tony Windsor bade her farewell from parliament with the salutation: “She is the nastiest – I reckon if you put it to a vote to all politicians, she’d come up number one...

https://www.themonthly.com.au/blog/mungo-maccallum/2016/26/2016/1461624958/knees-and-elbows

Mungo is an astute political observer in many respects & very funny too.

He characterised the 1972 election between Gough Whitlam & Billy McMahon as a contest between a "big pr*ck & a little cnut".

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:50 pm

Labor 52 – Coalition 48. Astonishing.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/apr/27/australian-election-labor-pulls-ahead-of-coalition-in-new-poll

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:15 pm

I enjoyed this entertaining little juxtaposition from that article:

"Revenue raising measures that the Coalition adopted after Labor proposed them were also popular, with reducing superannuation tax concessions for high earners winning 60% support with 22% opposed and increasing cigarette taxes favoured by 67% to 21%.

Corporate tax cuts were unpopular, with only 22% in favour and 57% opposed, but voters would still like to see their own personal income taxes cut, 63% to 19%."
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:18 pm

David wrote:
Labor 52 – Coalition 48. Astonishing.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/apr/27/australian-election-labor-pulls-ahead-of-coalition-in-new-poll

Not really, Turnbull has NO idea what he's doing and is as far from a true believer the Liberal party would have. The people who like him are Labor voters and when push comes to shove they're going to tick the same box they've ticked for decades.

As unpopular as Abbott was he was respected for being a man of principle; even if you disagreed with him you could see his sincerity. Turnbull has that Rudd slime dripping off him. Plenty on the Right want to see him gone and unlike popularity which doesn't sway many votes, conviction does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 13 of 47   

Jump to: