Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Straits of "Gi Gaultar".

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

White for me is the obvious one because he's a direct replacement, a tall forward who can also ruck and who kicked 27 goals at 1.5 pg last year. Yeah, he's played a few games in defense but I don't think he's forgotten how to play forward. I just don't believe we're looking to turn him into a defender, the only reason we might think about it is due to Reid's fragility. We have more viable tall defenders than forwards (4.0 to 1.5 (counting Moore as a half for both and Marsh as a half for defense, White excluded from both)), just an odd move.

I can see Goldsack as an option but don't like the look of three essentially defensive forwards: Goldsack, Caff, Blair. Offensively, White is the more productive player.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:57 pm

White hasn't done much in the VFL to warrant a recall and while gault was crap in the first half he did better especially in the ruck in the 2nd half.

I'd be surprised if he got dropped for St Kilda for white.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Outrageous Traitors slander towards the spear head of our NAB Cup campaign Such scurvy filled vitriol will be dealt with by recieving an errant Jessie White kick in to Dangerfield.

www.facebook/the hybernators
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:01 am

pietillidie wrote:
3rd, your man is in dire straits and needs you! But you're so far away! Here I was thinking you were brothers in arms. Instead, you're twisting by the pool with some lady writer while your man is being dragged down to the waterline. If this is your latest trick, it's a cruel one!

Love over gold, my friend, love over gold! It's not too late for you and your friend!

He will be back like the old Sultan of Swing kicking from all over the G

Soon the "G" will at the MCG will simply stand for GAULT.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:06 am

In all the discussion of Gault's replacement (and on Friday's showing one is definitely necessary), I am surprised at the lack of love for Cox. Cox looked excellent in the NAB cup, has taken some strong marks in the twos, and he is certainly an alternative ruckman who has shown more forward talent than Grundy or Witts. Will he be slow ? Possibly, but he could also be a devastating weapon. He could in any event do little worse than the wreck of Gi-Gaultar did last week.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Cox is actually very quick, I just doubt he's ready for AFL yet. We've seen with Gault that there's a big difference between being ok at a lower level and doing that in the seniors. It's difficult to see how close Cox is to getting a game so I don't include him as an option, but if the club feels he's ready and picks him, great.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:12 pm

3rd degree wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
3rd, your man is in dire straits and needs you! But you're so far away! Here I was thinking you were brothers in arms. Instead, you're twisting by the pool with some lady writer while your man is being dragged down to the waterline. If this is your latest trick, it's a cruel one!

Love over gold, my friend, love over gold! It's not too late for you and your friend!

He will be back like the old Sultan of Swing kicking from all over the G

Soon the "G" will at the MCG will simply stand for GAULT.

suffered a flat tyre on friday night. you need to pump it up again.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:14 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Cox is actually very quick, I just doubt he's ready for AFL yet. We've seen with Gault that there's a big difference between being ok at a lower level and doing that in the seniors. It's difficult to see how close Cox is to getting a game so I don't include him as an option, but if the club feels he's ready and picks him, great.

I'm also keen to watch how Wyatt develops, preseason reports have been promising about his speed, agility and skills. Let he and Cox battle it out.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:16 pm

Mugwump wrote:
In all the discussion of Gault's replacement (and on Friday's showing one is definitely necessary), I am surprised at the lack of love for Cox. Cox looked excellent in the NAB cup, has taken some strong marks in the twos, and he is certainly an alternative ruckman who has shown more forward talent than Grundy or Witts. Will he be slow ? Possibly, but he could also be a devastating weapon. He could in any event do little worse than the wreck of Gi-Gaultar did last week.

quite agree, he's just turned 25, so let's not wait until his career is almost over before he gets a go. It's all relative really. It's irrelevant if he is ready or not, if the person/s he is replacing aren't 'ready' either - you lose nothing this week if Cox comes in for Gault and does nothing as well.

I think because of his sheer size, he can make himself a target inside the congestion whereas Gault can get lost, and he can leap for a mark.

Imagine a forward line of Elliot, Howe, Fasolo, Moore and Cox - must be a few speccies there every week
E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:35 pm

Mugwump wrote:

c'mon man, it isn't April 1st anymore.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:37 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

quite agree, he's just turned 25, so let's not wait until his career is almost over before he gets a go. It's all relative really. It's irrelevant if he is ready or not, if the person/s he is replacing aren't 'ready' either - you lose nothing this week if Cox comes in for Gault and does nothing as well.

I think because of his sheer size, he can make himself a target inside the congestion whereas Gault can get lost, and he can leap for a mark.

Imagine a forward line of Elliot, Howe, Fasolo, Moore and Cox - must be a few speccies there every week

A forward line of Elliot, Howe, Fasolo, Moore and Cox sounds awesome, but i'd rather have Cloke in there in place of Cox or if not Cloke, then Gault, or Witts, or White, OR ME!!!!

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:38 pm

jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

I'm also keen to watch how Wyatt develops, preseason reports have been promising about his speed, agility and skills. Let he and Cox battle it out.

I think it will be quite a battle to see who becomes the best American we've ever had (a battle which i expect to see played out in the magoos for the next several seasons).

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:07 pm

E wrote:
jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

I think it will be quite a battle to see who becomes the best American we've ever had (a battle which i expect to see played out in the magoos for the next several seasons).

Wyatt, despite the name, is an Aussie.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:13 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
E wrote:
jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Wyatt, despite the name, is an Aussie.

so then there is nothing for them to battle for.....

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:14 pm

E wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

A forward line of Elliot, Howe, Fasolo, Moore and Cox sounds awesome, but i'd rather have Cloke in there in place of Cox or if not Cloke, then Gault, or Witts, or White, OR ME!!!!

actually, I have Cloke in there as well, but he's not in my list of potential spectacular mark takers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: