Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Straits of "Gi Gaultar".

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

loki04 wrote:
think positive wrote:
mugway05 wrote:
He was playing on Toovey. Does this spell the end of toooooooooooves?

Yeah I thought the green kid easily had the best of him sad to say

Corey Gault 200cm 97kg
Alan Toovey 189cm 84kg

Can't see anything wrong with that match up can we?

Not too mention Toovey got burnt at least twice by covering another man and his vfl team mates not getting over to pick up his in time.

Yeah, Tovvey should have been able to keep up with him. Wasn't gaults reach advantage that got him the goals.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:43 pm

neil wrote:
Happy that he kicked 5 hope he comes on
But it was just a practice match

I'm sure Cloke would have taken 5 ,even if it was "Just a Practice match", Everyone else who'd done OK had their respective praises sung ,yet Gault,who has been a work in progress,Does just that and now it's just a practice match? Strange lot.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:11 pm

loki04 wrote:
think positive wrote:
mugway05 wrote:

Corey Gault 200cm 97kg
Alan Toovey 189cm 84kg

Not too mention Toovey got burnt at least twice by covering another man and his vfl team mates not getting over to pick up his in time.

I heard Blair didn't work as first ruck too.

Oh gimme Lachie Keefe.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
loki04 wrote:
think positive wrote:
mugway05 wrote:

Corey Gault 200cm 97kg
Alan Toovey 189cm 84kg

Yeah, Tovvey should have been able to keep up with him. Wasn't gaults reach advantage that got him the goals.

First goal:

Gault was loose in the fwd 50 as the white team had pressed up, not a single defender in the def 50 with 2 "black" team mates at the 25m and 45m areas.
Toovey sprinted back to try affect but was too late had to make up 40m+.

Second goal:

Again "black" team out number the white defenders who look in dissaray to who's on who, Gault gets loose again and receives a 10-15m pass low nice pass from Blair.

3rd goal.

Again Gault hanging right out the back with the white defenders pushing up and burnt with turnover Degoey kicks a 55+ pass over their heads to Gault who is unmarked 10m out in front.

4th goal:

Moore fails attempt at mark but follows up draws defender and gives off hand ball to a YOU guessed it LOOSE gault whos at the top of the square. Only 2 white defenders vs 5 black fwds.

5th goal.
Gault again out the back and Toovey again pushed up with a weighted kick over top to Gault.

Good on him for kicking 5 but he effectively had no opponent each and every goal not 1! in the season proper he will never be afforded that kind of lee way.

Toovey really should of played a bit tighter but a few times he was running to cover other times he was trying to run the ball out and zone up when the turn over happened "white" teams defence was getting burnt on the over lap.
Funnily enough it was a problem all season last year in the season proper too and maybe something teh coaches need to work harder in ironing out.

loki04 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Oh and btw I haven't hyped anyone up from that match as other then a few good bits of play you really cant read anything into it.

Even Moore onbly had Braydon Maynard for an opponents so again a mismatch that wont happen.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:53 pm

loki04 wrote:
Toovey really should of played a bit tighter but a few times he was running to cover other times he was trying to run the ball out and zone up when the turn over happened "white" teams defence was getting burnt on the over lap.
Funnily enough it was a problem all season last year in the season proper too and maybe something teh coaches need to work harder in ironing out.

Yep, got sick of seeing this too often the last few seasons.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:29 pm

He's behind Moore and White as our 3rd tall forward, assuming we also have one of Grundy or Witts spending time in the goal square.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:41 pm

loki04 wrote:

Outlining the way Gault got the goals completely proved the point that it was hardly because of a height mismatch, Gault got loose, Toovey should have played tighter.

If anything you'd expect an experienced defender to clean up an inexperienced player in those situations when height isn't a factor Wink

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:41 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
He's behind Moore and White as our 3rd tall forward, assuming we also have one of Grundy or Witts spending time in the goal square.

Yep, nice to see him hit the scoreboard but he's coming from a fair way back if he's planning on forcing others out of the team.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:59 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Yep, nice to see him hit the scoreboard but he's coming from a fair way back if he's planning on forcing others out of the team.

Agreed, but if he can stay fit and put consistent form together in the VFL he'll keep putting the pressure on which is all you can ask.

loki04 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
loki04 wrote:

Outlining the way Gault got the goals completely proved the point that it was hardly because of a height mismatch, Gault got loose, Toovey should have played tighter.

If anything you'd expect an experienced defender to clean up an inexperienced player in those situations when height isn't a factor Wink

I was saying it was a mismatch full stop and even if Toovey was tight in 3 of those goals he wouldn't of been able to contest properly. It was a match up designed to favour Gault most likely to build confidence ditto Moores match up.

Toovey played his natural game and Gault through luck or laziness (not following him up) or design (instructed to hang back) was on the end of some good transition and defending from the black team.

What is more concerning is that Brown, Frost and Tooves were burnt all year by teams doing the exact same tactics and looks like nothing has changed.

Pressing up too far then when the inevitable turnover happens the overlap is creating VERY easy goals for the opposition by kicking over that line.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Oh I get it. Very interesting.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Interestingly the White team scored a lot of their goals from the same deal, as I posted earlier, but they had even more room in the forward line.

Gault gets in good positions, I noticed that in his AFL games last year, but he missed out on scoring. Lets not forget he started as a midfielder who grew, he's still learning to play tall but playing small comes naturally.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:09 pm

A Gi-Gaultic quarter to warm into the season, that one.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Interestingly the White team scored a lot of their goals from the same deal, as I posted earlier, but they had even more room in the forward line.

Gault gets in good positions, I noticed that in his AFL games last year, but he missed out on scoring. Lets not forget he started as a midfielder who grew, he's still learning to play tall but playing small comes naturally.

for your sake i hope you are not wearing tight pants.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: