Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nicks and EB&W receive special services awards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:00 pm
Post subject: Nicks and EB&W receive special services awardsReply with quote

Both Nicks and EB&W (Hotrods) have received special services awards at the AGM and are now on the honour board.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-02-16/a-salute-to-the-online-outer

Well done Mike and Martin (Hotrod) and apologies to London Dave who posted this first in the AGM thread, (and Magpie Bat who hit it on Twitter) I just thought it deserved it's own thread.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So what the Site Get's with this Award?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:33 pm

They get their names on the honour board at the club.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:18 pm
Post subject: Re: Nicks and EB&W receive special services awardsReply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Both Nicks and EB&W (Hotrods) have received special services awards at the AGM and are now on the honour board.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-02-16/a-salute-to-the-online-outer

Well done Mike and Martin (Hotrod) and apologies to London Dave who posted this first in the AGM thread, (and Magpie Bat who hit it on Twitter) I just thought it deserved it's own thread.

None necessary, good to see it get a thread.

Congratulations to Mike and Martin, and to the good people of Nick's and EB&W.
JBJ 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Congratulations Mike....lovely catching up with you and Nick again....Well done!!
The Drooge 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:44 pm
Post subject: CongratsReply with quote

Well done, congrats. Officially part of club history.
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Congratulations, quite an achievement

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:30 am

I had the opportunity to witness the presentation and introduce myself to both Mike and Nick after the conclusion of the AGM. Great people and it is fantastic to see their contribution recognised by the club.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:24 am

Good stuff. Congratulations Mike and Nick. Smile
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Well deserved… congrats guys Smile
npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Congratulations to everyone involved in the establishment and ongoing administration of Nick's !!
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Congratulations Mike on last night's award.... well deserved!! Was soooo good to see you and Nick again after so many years.... Very Happy xxx
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Eddie was on the phone a couple of weeks ago, "I want you to come to the AGM, we're going to give you an award; it's the Special Services Award, the second highest award the Club can bestow... and bring Nick with you." That's how it happens with Eddie, you pick up the phone and he says "Mike! Eddie here" as if we'd been speaking yesterday. I reminded him that it has been twelve years, thereabouts, since we'd last spoken - made no difference. Anyway, the upshot was that Nick and I were off to the AGM and mum's the word.

The AGM was like every other AGM I've been to: minutes were read, motions were put and carried, new board members introduced, but there was a significant difference, this was the Collingwood AGM and Eddie was in the chair and in fine form. The attendees were significantly different as well. Bucks was sitting in the row behind us with the new team members - who he duly introduced, the leadership group was there headed by Pendles and Nick Maxwell and Alan Didak were there to be presented with their life memberships. With legends Dr Jack Kennedy and Eddie Hillgrove also in attendance it was obviously not going to be the one of the mundane and tedious AGMs that I normally attend.

As I've said above and has already been posted I was there to accept a Special Services Award. My name is not on the award and I doubt that it will be on an honour board. The name on the award is 'Nick's Collingwood Page' and that is fitting as the award has really been earned by the Nick's community and in particular by those involved in its ongoing survival. I am no longer active in the day to day running of the site my role now is as a facilitator and as tech support, the leadership group has taken over the daily grind and that is as it should be: 'Side by Side' the community runs the show.

In 2004 MagpieMad took on the huge responsibility of the redesign and ongoing management of the overall web site (except the bulletin board) and by spending countless, seemingly thankless hours has created and maintained a superbly creative and highly professional site... and it's not a small web site. He, as the webmaster, and the team that he puts together are responsible for the framework that holds all of this, including the bulletin board, together.

The moderation team led by WhyPhilWhy?, London Dave and Donny have run the bulletin board and have hands-on managed that facility on a daily basis since about 2002, that's a long time and those three have been there for all of it. Other moderators have come and gone in that time and they've all played their part in keeping this community active and relevant as part of that team. It's not only a thankless task, but they sometimes also cop abuse for doing it, but I know their dedication is appreciated by the vast majority as this facility could not exist without them.

We have also managed to contribute to the Club by sponsoring a young and upcoming player each year thanks only to the dedication and persistance of MargOZ and the contributions of those who she's managed to inspire.

And the volunteers who have managed the first, and therefore the oldest, live scoreboard in this country, have written content for the site and have contributed countless other bits and pieces to keep this show on the road.

And there are the ones that help with the ongoing cost. There is even one member here who contributes $5 a month every month to help keep us afloat and has done for years.

All of these people are the reason that Eddie rang me up.

I originally created this site from Nick's beginnings so it was fitting that I accept the award on behalf of the Nick's Collingwood community, but it should always be remembered that without the community involvement there wouldn't now be a web site or an award, so this award is for all of us.

It was wonderful meeting Frankie again after all these years. I still have the original Cheer Squad flag on the wall of my office that she sent me after it was retired god knows how long ago - probably 12 or 15 years. And thank you JBJ and Member 7167 for making the effort to say hello and to make Nick and me feel so welcome.

All in all a great evening!

Special_Services_Award.jpg

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Congrats to Mike and Nick. Well done guys.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:34 am

That is terrific recognition and a wonderful achievement. Well deserved. Congrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: