Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game On/Post Match. Intra-Club Game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Really what did you see?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:13 am

mugway05 wrote:
Ben Reid gave Cloke a bath. I'm not sure if I'm excited or annoyed

Interestingly I thought the Black team forward line with Gault, Moore and Cox functioned better than the White teams. Except for when they got out the back, the White team fell into the same trap we often do, being too cloke conscious whereas the black team just honoured good leads from whichever of the 3 talls presented.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:02 pm

mugway05 wrote:

I think all Tall Defenders got Destroy in the Intra-Club

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
mugway05 wrote:

Interestingly I thought the Black team forward line with Gault, Moore and Cox functioned better than the White teams. Except for when they got out the back, the White team fell into the same trap we often do, being too cloke conscious whereas the black team just honoured good leads from whichever of the 3 talls presented.

Yep I liked seeing clone roost if from half back all the way to the goal square, less pressure, use his strengths, Moore did great can't wait to see him in the big time he is going to be an absolute super star , and with Gault Jamie de gooey Adams etc it's an exciting future

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:57 pm

The most pleasing thing to me coming out of last Thursday's scratch match, was the depth of big man talent on display. Cloke looks the fittest he's been in years and Reid seems to have bulked up a bit and looked a million dollars. Darcy Moore is already playing like a star and both Witts and Grundy look set for big seasons. Brown, Frost and White all look well primed as well, so by my reckoning we've got all bases covered. Throw in our classy midfield depth with Pendles, Swan, Aish, Treloar, Adams, De Goey, Sidey, Varcoe, Crisp and Greenwood, I honestly think this is the most talented list we've assembled for many years. It's only February and we haven't even played a NAB cup game yet, but Thursday's performance has only raised my expectations for this year. Make no mistake, we'll be in contention for a top 4 spot. Go Pies.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:17 pm

But that being said, we're keeping a lid on it! Laughing

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
mugway05 wrote:

it'd be good to know the instructions for each team. the intra club allows us to try two different types of attack at the one time. wondering if this was by design or not.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:42 pm

I doubt we would ever find that out
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:03 pm

^

Burns was coaching the black team, I reckon we'll get a good idea in the first few rounds of the season.

Having said that, Cloke demands the ball so it's understandable why people look for him. A forward line without him makes the guy with the ball accountable to pick the best available option.

Using that logic, I'd play Cloke upfield and let him run and set up a mixed bag close to goal. Send him to the goal square for a rest and let him use his strength then.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:47 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Burns was coaching the black team, I reckon we'll get a good idea in the first few rounds of the season.

Having said that, Cloke demands the ball so it's understandable why people look for him. A forward line without him makes the guy with the ball accountable to pick the best available option.

Using that logic, I'd play Cloke upfield and let him run and set up a mixed bag close to goal. Send him to the goal square for a rest and let him use his strength then.

I 100% Agree. Cloke should play up the Ground so he can take there Best Defender out of the Backline and have better Set-Shots Closer to Goal

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:14 pm

STATS:

Fasolo: 8k 2m 9h 6I50 1cl

De Goey: 15k 8m 15h 7I50 2R50 6cl

Macaffer: 6k 3m 11h 3I50 3cl

Grundy: 5k 1m 7h 2I50 1R50 20HO 5cl

Langdon: 7k 4m 1I50 3R50

White: 6k 2m 3h 2I50 4HO

Pendlebury: 11k 5m 6h 4I50 1R50

Blair: 9k 2m 15h 3I50 4cl

Adams: 13k 5m 17h 3I50 6cl

Aish: 6k 6m 9h 2I50 3cl

Witts: 5k 4m 4h 1I50 16HO 1cl

Brown: 1k 1m 4h

Marsh: 7k 4m 6h 1I50 2R50

Varcoe: 6k 6m 7h 4I50

Greenwood: 6k 4m 3h 1I50 1R50

Reid: 18k 11m 7h 6R50

Phillips: 10k 4m 1h 3I50 5R50

Sidebottom: 16k 3m 17h 5I50 1R50 6cl

Goodyear: 6k 1m 6h 2I50 1R50

Sinclair: 15k 7m 6h 1I50 4R50

Broomhead: 7k 5m 17h 4I50 6cl

Moore: 11k 7m 2h 2I50 4HO 2cl

Ramsay: 8k 2m 10h 3I50 3R50

Cloke: 12k 9m 3h 3I50 1HO

Toovey: 5k 1m 2h 1I50 1R50

Swan: 4k 2m 8h 2I50 2cl

Maynard: 4k 2m 3h 1I50

Smith: 9k 9m 6h 1I50 2R50

Golds: 6k 5m 3h 4R50

Oxley: 6k 4m 6h 2R50

Gault: 6k 5m 1I50

Frost: 3k 1m 4h 1R50

Cox: 4k 2m 2h 8HO

Wyatt: 3k 3m 3h 2I50

(legend: k=kick, m=mark, h=handball, I50=inside 50, R50= rebound 50, HO=hitout and cl=clearance)

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Thanks Dave. Sauce?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:12 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Thanks Dave. Sauce?

BigFooty

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:56 am

RudeBoy wrote:
The most pleasing thing to me coming out of last Thursday's scratch match, was the depth of big man talent on display. Cloke looks the fittest he's been in years and Reid seems to have bulked up a bit and looked a million dollars. Darcy Moore is already playing like a star and both Witts and Grundy look set for big seasons. Brown, Frost and White all look well primed as well, so by my reckoning we've got all bases covered. Throw in our classy midfield depth with Pendles, Swan, Aish, Treloar, Adams, De Goey, Sidey, Varcoe, Crisp and Greenwood, I honestly think this is the most talented list we've assembled for many years. It's only February and we haven't even played a NAB cup game yet, but Thursday's performance has only raised my expectations for this year. Make no mistake, we'll be in contention for a top 4 spot. Go Pies.

Treloar is the key to how we go this season RudeBoy. Don't know if we're good enough to contest finals without him, but with him in the side, those close games we lost last season will be a thing of the past.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:36 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Treloar is the key to how we go this season RudeBoy. Don't know if we're good enough to contest finals without him, but with him in the side, those close games we lost last season will be a thing of the past.

Not quite so sure that the addition of Treloar in and of itself will make such a massive difference as the midfield was pretty strong last season other than the rucks. But if you look at the flow on effect it may be of greater significance but that assumes that we garner greater benefit from Crisp, Pendles, Swanny, Elliott and Varcoe being released to assume other roles rather than play in the guts. Does spread the load without diluting the quality and with the change to the interchange rotations that could be significant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: