Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game On/Post Match. Intra-Club Game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Replay:

1st Qtr:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-02-18/intraclub-match-1st-period

2nd Qtr:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-02-18/intraclub-match-2nd-period

3rd Period:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-02-18/intraclub-match-final-period

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:35 am

MagpieBat wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Can't believe there's no love for Blair. Be easily among the best in the first half.

There are two of them out there remember!

Yep, but only 1 of them had any real impact.

Yep, Jack was fantastic, wasn't he?

Laughing Laughing Embarassed

As expected at this level
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:40 am

A very well organised event by the Club. Well catered for too with a BBQ, a well stocked bar and freebies.

What we liked:
•Darcy Moore's hands - they are special. We spoke about Darcy in the car and thought he'd probably begin to mature over the next few years a la Daniher. Darcy showed plenty tonight. Fearlessly broke the packs, kicked well, did some rucking and finished with a couple of goals.
•Jordan DeGoey's amazing tank; this boy ran all night and just about every one of his many possessions hit a target. BOG for mine.
•Cloke's leaned down physique. Did Clokey look the fittest in memory? He did to us. And he looked really interested. Clokey is not always a great early season performer.
•Ben Reid patrolling the back line. Got caught out once, which led to Gault kicking a soda-pop goal, but generally got to where the ball was going to be before everybody else realised.
•Tom Phillips - this boy will get game time in 2016. Will run through a brick wall to get the ball if tonight was anything to go by. Lock it in Eddie.
•Josh Smith's tank. This boy ran all night and got plenty of the ball. Used it pretty well too. A rookie who may well push for selection given the opportunity.
•Jarryd Blair was impressive too. I think Blair is about our most gutsy player.
•James Aish's poise with ball in hand and his ability to use use it. Didn't do a lot early on but did some nice things in the second half, including a lovely goal from the forward pocket with a check-side kick. About time we found a player who could kick these. Every other team appears to have several.
•Brent Macaffer - played most of the game on the ball. Great to see him back and in good form.
•Scott Pendlebury - played the first quarter on the ball and worked well with DeGoey. Moved to the backline in the second half and took a lot of kick-ins too. What a luxury if will be if Pendles can play back and Swanny can play forward.
•Jackson Ramsay - dash and guts aplenty. Really nice use too. On one occasion Jackson gathered the ball on the wing and paused to weigh up his options and then speared a ripper of a daisy-cutter through the middle to a team mate.

Too many backs to choose from. Oxley was disappointing tonight, with dreadful use of the ball on a couple of occasions. Hope that's a blip as he's usually a reliable user. It wasn't a great night for backs actually. Only Ben Reid did really well.

A few players were quiet in my opinion:
Jono Marsh, Tooves, Oxley, Nathan Brown, Broomhead, White, Swan & Langdon

Best:
5. De Goey
4. Moore
3. Pendlebury
2. Reid
1. Ramsay

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:51 am

Neil Appleby wrote:

•James Aish's poise with ball in hand and his ability to use use it. Didn't do a lot early on but did some nice things in the second half, including a lovely goal from the forward pocket with a check-side kick. About time we found a player who could kick these. Every other team appears to have several.

Agree with Aish. Add Class then Team has been Missing

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

any direct download links DTM?
also the carl v hawthorn game
ill wait for au.sie.rul.es but nice to start downloading if u have some links
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

any direct download links DTM?
also the carl v hawthorn game
ill wait for au.sie.rul.es but nice to start downloading if u have some links
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:37 am

Saw bits and pieces while I was at work, nice morning surprise for a cold London morning.

All I can say is wow re Moore, DeGoey and Aish.

Wow

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:57 am

Neil Appleby wrote:

Best:
5. De Goey
4. Moore
3. Pendlebury
2. Reid
1. Ramsay

Thanks Neil, I Like your selection of the best, but disagree with your thoughts on Broomy, Swan and Langdon, I thought they were OK and did some nice things. I was trying to work and watch the game at the same time, so I probably didn't see 30% of it but I did look out for Broomy and the new boy's in particular.
Broomy had e few kicks and they hit their targets he also went through the middle and cleared a few with his one touch hands, he also combined with the black team to set things up forward. Swanny did some nice things, a brilliant goal, a great exchange with numerous handballs with Aish taking the ball from half-back to the half-forward great understanding! Langdon was a little rusty but managed a few good tackles and linkage work for the black team.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:56 am

Thankyou guys for all of your reviews.
Neil A - I always liked your traffic reports last year ... keep it up this year!
We are going to have a very good year and I hope we will make it to the big dance.
We will need the red ruby shoes with injuries and close games.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:22 am

Not sure how anyone could possibly say Adams was quiet. Along with De Goey the smashed it all night. Adams constantly fed the ball out in close & I expect stats to reflect that if & when they are released. Gault was good but his opponent was a VFL defender not an AFL one. Moore is such an exciting prospect & like the look of Phillips & Smith. Aish did enough to suggest he will have an impact this season. Really enjoyed the night.

Edit. Almost forgot Ramsay. Lots to like about the kid & a couple of his lace out passes where sublime.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:27 am

Mossi wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Best:
5. De Goey
4. Moore
3. Pendlebury
2. Reid
1. Ramsay

Thanks Neil, I Like your selection of the best, but disagree with your thoughts on Broomy, Swan and Langdon, I thought they were OK and did some nice things. I was trying to work and watch the game at the same time, so I probably didn't see 30% of it but I did look out for Broomy and the new boy's in particular.
Broomy had e few kicks and they hit their targets he also went through the middle and cleared a few with his one touch hands, he also combined with the black team to set things up forward. Swanny did some nice things, a brilliant goal, a great exchange with numerous handballs with Aish taking the ball from half-back to the half-forward great understanding! Langdon was a little rusty but managed a few good tackles and linkage work for the black team.

I will agree to some extent on Broomhead. He did start off pretty well in the first quarter as did Taylor Adams. Broomy was one of the guys I hoped to keep a close eye on, but as usual, the game takes over and you tend to become a spectator. Swanny did some nice things, but I was using Jordan DeGoey's game as a measuring stick for all of the mids. DeGoey was outstanding and Swan, Adams, Greenwood and co were all quiet in comparison. Game time comes into it as does fitness and some of the players mentioned had interrupted preparation.

I thought Taylor Adams played a pretty good game actually. I know it was mentioned above that he was tagged out of the game and if that's the case, I hope he gets a hard tag every week. It was his in and under work that so impressed me and did I mention the class of Darcy Moore?

Does anybody know why Corey Gault disappeared after his fifth goal? I couldn't find him on the bench so let's hope he's not injured.

No traffic reports, but a style report for you thompsoc;
Hiawatha Sinclair was unrecognisable at first with his longer hair and head band and unfortunately, Langdon has the beginnings of a man-bun. I wonder if Langdon is slow on the uptake technologically speaking. Is he still pondering the iPhone 6Plus whilst the world has already moved on the the iPhone 6S Plus?

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:28 am

^ i am with you Woftam re Adams and generally agree with DTM's & Neil's observations too.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Replay:

1st Qtr:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-02-18/intraclub-match-1st-period

2nd Qtr:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-02-18/intraclub-match-2nd-period

3rd Period:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-02-18/intraclub-match-final-period

Thanks Dave. Now I can watch it again and see if I was too hard on Broomy.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Mossi wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Best:
5. De Goey
4. Moore
3. Pendlebury
2. Reid
1. Ramsay

I will agree to some extent on Broomhead. He did start off pretty well in the first quarter as did Taylor Adams. Broomy was one of the guys I hoped to keep a close eye on, but as usual, the game takes over and you tend to become a spectator. Swanny did some nice things, but I was using Jordan DeGoey's game as a measuring stick for all of the mids. DeGoey was outstanding and Swan, Adams, Greenwood and co were all quiet in comparison. Game time comes into it as does fitness and some of the players mentioned had interrupted preparation.

I thought Taylor Adams played a pretty good game actually. I know it was mentioned above that he was tagged out of the game and if that's the case, I hope he gets a hard tag every week. It was his in and under work that so impressed me and did I mention the class of Darcy Moore?

Does anybody know why Corey Gault disappeared after his fifth goal? I couldn't find him on the bench so let's hope he's not injured.

Hiawatha Sinclair was unrecognisable at first with his longer hair and head band and unfortunately, Langdon has the beginnings of a man-bun. I wonder if Langdon is slow on the uptake technologically speaking. Is he still pondering the iPhone 6Plus whilst the world has already moved on the the iPhone 6S Plus?

Not sure why he disappeared though I did notice Varcoe switch from the white jumpers to the black jumpers for the last

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:02 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Mossi wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Best:
5. De Goey
4. Moore
3. Pendlebury
2. Reid
1. Ramsay

Not sure why he disappeared though I did notice Varcoe switch from the white jumpers to the black jumpers for the last

I'd assume that with his history of groin issues he was just being managed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: