Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game On/Post Match. Intra-Club Game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Can't believe there's no love for Blair. Be easily among the best in the first half.

There are two of them out there remember!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:57 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Can't believe there's no love for Blair. Be easily among the best in the first half.

Yep, but only 1 of them had any real impact.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Third (Final) Quarter:

Even contest again that quarter.

Black team:

Best: Fasolo, Moore, Adams, Pendlebury, Reid

Goals (cumulative): Gault 5.0, Gray 1.0, Moore 4.1, Fasolo 2.0, Cox 0.2, Pendlebury 1.0, Witts 1.0, Adams 1.1, Sinclair 1.0

White team:

Best: Phillips, Sidebottom, Maynard

Goals (cumulative): White 3.1, Phillips 1.0, Swan 1.0, Wyatt 1.0, Greenwood 1.2, Cloke 2.3 , Grundy 1.0, Aish 1.1, Goodyear 1.0, Maloney 0.1, Matheson 1.0

Three quarter players: Fasolo, De Goey, Pendlebury, Reid and Moore.

innocent_criminal 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Just a simple review.

> Prominent
> Noteworthy

Collingwood Black
1. Alex Fasolo ***
2. Jordan De Goey *****
8. Tom Langdon *
10. Scott Pendlebury ****
11. Jarryd Blair *****
13. Taylor Adams ***
15. Jarrod Witts **
17. Jonathon Marsh ***
20. Ben Reid *****
28. Ben Sinclair ****
29. Tim Broomhead *
30. Darcy Moore ***
40. Josh Smith ***
41. Tim Golds *
43. Adam Oxley **
44. Corey Gault ***
46. Mason Cox **
61. Nick Gray VFL *
64. Jesse Wallin VFL **
68. Lachlan Tardrew VFL ?
69. Jack Blair VFL ?
Coach: Scott Burns

Collingwood White
3. Brent Macaffer ***
4. Brodie Grundy **
9. Jesse White **
14. James Aish ***
16. Nathan Brown *
18. Travis Varcoe **
19. Levi Greenwood **
21. Tom Phillips **
22. Steele Sidebottom ***
27. Matthew Goodyear **
31. Jackson Ramsay ****
32. Travis Cloke **
34. Alan Toovey *
36. Dane Swan ?
37. Brayden Maynard *
45. Jack Frost ****
47. Darrean Wyatt 0
58. Ben Moloney VFL ***
59. Callum Matheson VFL *
60. Jordan Kelly VFL ?
70. Marty Hore VFL ?
Coach: Ben Hart

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Glad I caught it right before half time. great coverage. To me the standouts were Moore, Adams, Maynard, De Goey. Aish did some nice things as did Faz and White. Missed first half but Gault kicked 5 in the first 51 min. 3 Qtrs played, 3Qtr was a 30 min one. pretty bruise free, but good signs.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:14 pm

Ah, that was very enjoyable.

How good it was for the black and white soul to see Ben Reid sweeping across half-back, just like days of old. He will be so important to our run out of the backline this year (providing he can stay on the park).

Gault kicking 5 was a pleasant surprise. Jordan de Goey threw himself into it like it was a real game. Jackson Ramsay very impressive with pin point delivery.

Why the question mark for Swanny above? The old boy showed a bit of dash on at least one occasion! Smile
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Stand out for me was Phillips. Great strength, balance, composure and ability to read the play. Uses the ball very well. This kid will hit AFL level like Tommy Langdon. Looks like he's played for years.
Other notable mentions.... De Goey (GUN!), Ramsay (love his mad streak and fearlessness), Moore (FA REAK!), Reid (we're a different side with him fit & firing) & last but not least ....Pendlebury (sublime skills from a parallel universe).
Adams was quiet. Greenwood did the job on him. He will be a ripper for us this year. Adams will learn from being tagged by the best run with player in the AFL. That's gonna be fun to watch this year. Levi smothering opposition stars and sparking a bit of biffo. You'll see him taking on 3 opposition players in a scuffle, all in one hit at some stage this year. Gee I like that fella. Very hard bit of mongrel. Will give us an intimidatory edge that we really need.

Overall, we look more mature across the board. A big spark in overall development ahead. And it'll be 2016 where we blow the 2nd half of the year fade out. That might hit us in September, but, I tell yas, WE'LL BE THERE!!!

Very very excited by this group and where they're at.

Go Pies....Footy's Back!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
Stand out for me was Phillips. Great strength, balance, composure and ability to read the play. Uses the ball very well. This kid will hit AFL level like Tommy Langdon. Looks like he's played for years.
Other notable mentions.... De Goey (GUN!), Ramsay (love his mad streak and fearlessness), Moore (FA REAK!), Reid (we're a different side with him fit & firing) & last but not least ....Pendlebury (sublime skills from a parallel universe).
Adams was quiet. Greenwood did the job on him. He will be a ripper for us this year. Adams will learn from being tagged by the best run with player in the AFL. That's gonna be fun to watch this year. Levi smothering opposition stars and sparking a bit of biffo. You'll see him taking on 3 opposition players in a scuffle, all in one hit at some stage this year. Gee I like that fella. Very hard bit of mongrel. Will give us an intimidatory edge that we really need.

Overall, we look more mature across the board. A big spark in overall development ahead. And it'll be 2016 where we blow the 2nd half of the year fade out. That might hit us in September, but, I tell yas, WE'LL BE THERE!!!

Go Pies....Footy's Back!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Adams was close to BOG in the first 30 minutes.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Do you reckon most supporters from every team around this time are all saying the same thing?
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Do you reckon most supporters from every team around this time are all saying the same thing?

Everyone except for Carlton supporters.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Adams was close to BOG in the first 30 minutes.

Missed big chunk of that first third, so thanks for correction. But found Greenwood very effective on Adams in 2nd third and part of final third.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Darkstranger wrote:

Yep.....that's how worried they are about us!

Oh...you meant about THEIR players Wink

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Bit distracted with my son requesting access to a toilet, ice-cream, a handball, a poster, a free football etc

Adams caught my eye along with Steele.

Gault stood up and kicked straight. Moore damaging too amongst the bigger blokes. Travis kicking so volatile.

Phillips and Smith both showed a bit amongst the first years.

Shame we missed seeing Elliott, Treloar, Howe, Golsdack, Sier, Crisp etc. Nice to see Aish and Reid, in particular, in the action though.

Probably easier watching it on the webcast, but a beautiful night to be sitting on the lawn watching it live.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:10 pm

jackcass wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Yep, but only 1 of them had any real impact.

Yep, Jack was fantastic, wasn't he?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 pm

My Thoughts ons Some Players:

Moore - WOW had a Fantastic Game. Kicked Goals and Took Strong Marks. Also played some Ruck

Aish - Did not Star but showed Class we wanted from him

De Goey - WOW Again. Big Strong Boy and His Ball use that Excited me the Most.

Phillips - He was very impressive in the 1st Half. Kicking was good early but fell away a bit late. He sure know how to get Plenty of Postiongs

Smith - Was okay I thought. Was a bit Fumbly at Times

Pendles - Was Pendles

Cloke - Took Strong Marks but usual bad Goal Kicking

Gault - Kick 5 Goals but not sure IF that is what his Season is or just because it was a Intra-Club Game

Grundy - Very Good around the Ground but did have a Tough Time against Witts

Witts - Looks like he is in lot better shape. Great in the Ruck and did a Few Things around the Ground

Golds - Barley Noticed him at all

Cox - Same as late last year. Looks Menacing but needs to take more Marks

Wyatt - Quiet but I think he looked better then Cox did this time last year

Sidebottom - Typical Steele Game

Adams - Was hard at the Ball all night. Kicking still needs some Improvment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: