Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oxley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMagpie wrote:
The Life of Pie wrote:
That's a pretty good side. Personally I would probably go with Oxley over Toovey. Although I concede they are more likely to be conservative round one.
As much as I love Broomhead, I think Aish is in front of him.

Versus Swans I suspect Toovey may have a lock-down role on one of the small or mid-sized forwards. Probably not a role for Frost if Tippett rucks, but depends on Swans selection. I understand that Oxley has been pigeonholed as a winger rather than half back and Langdon has been earmarked for the role Oxley might have played off half back - just based on comments coming out of the club.

I can see Broomhead and Aish may be in competition, but I thought Broomhead had better disposal overall last Thursday - they both got a fair bit of it. I don't recall much of Aish at Brisbane, but his disposal has been criticised by others and Champion Data's comments on him suggest he is a risk rather than a certianty ... let's hope he pans out for us. Broomhead has shown bits in the past, but probably hasn't consistently put whole games together. I'm hoping the competition for spots will bring the best out in all these guys.

For me it creates a fair bit of excitement about not just the AFL, but the VFL. Thinking back in the last decade, Geelong and Hawthorn have not been scared to keep guys in VFL and really make them learn their team roles and earn their spots ... I'm expecting that is what we will do now that we should be seriously competing for top 4/8.

Aish simply has to come into the side. He can kick goals from any angle up to 50m out from goals. As much as I like Broomhead, Aish is an improvement over Broomhead and deserves his place because someone has to crumb and kick goals and we really don't have anybody who can play that role. Oxley also deserves his place but I'm not sure whose place he takes (Toovey maybe). Although Ramsay is good on the half back line, in my opinion Sinclair is better and should play instead of Ramsay (knowing our luck one will be injured one or two games into the season and will take the other one's place anyway).
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:19 am

Agree with your first point - Aish does definitely need to come into the side.

Can't agree with the next few - Aish is more hbf/wing than hff/wing & is not necessarily "an improvement on Broomhead". He may become so but it's not the case, atm.

And certainly can't agree with Sinclair being better than Ramsay.

Not sure why you think "Oxley deserves his place" in the team.

MagpieAnge 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:51 pm

If we're talking about a forward position, i still think Broomhead should get it. Got the foots skills, crumbs well, knows how to find the ball, and is a good tackler.
Aish i think should be a further down on a wing~forward flank, to link up and spread the ball with his run and disposals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: