Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oily Industry: Cartels, Tyrants, Terrorists, Polluters, Cons

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Post subject: Oily Industry: Cartels, Tyrants, Terrorists, Polluters, ConsReply with quote

To save this stuff from being scattered across random threads, I thought I'd confine it to one place.

It's time to stop excusing this warmongering, dictator-supporting, development-stunting, competition-hating, terrorist-funding, economic instability-causing, democracy-interfering filth pit of an industry.

Any news you see - fire away. Here's a trivial example of the open, everyday, anti-competitive corruption that is courted, subsidised and invested in at the expense of less corrupt and corrupting sources of energy:

Blooomberg Business wrote:

Cuts? What Cuts?

Crude prices surged briefly last month on speculation the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries would team up with Russia to cut production. The head of the nation’s biggest oil company had other ideas.

“Tell me who is supposed to cut?” said Igor Sechin, CEO of Rosneft. "Will Saudi Arabia cut production? Will Iran cut production? Will Mexico cut production? Will Brazil cut production? Who is going to cut?”

Supply exceeds demand by as much as 1.7 million barrels a day, so cutting 1 million from production would in theory make prices more “reasonable,” Sechin said. Nevertheless, Rosneft is focused on preserving its traditional markets against the competition, he said.

The State Oil Co. of the Azerbaijan Republic - where a currency crisis has provoked street protests - offered four whole roast lambs, a sushi bar and chocolate truffles to thousands of guests at Park Lane’s Grosvenor House Hotel.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-12/the-oil-industry-got-together-and-agreed-things-may-never-get-better

Last edited by pietillidie on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt anyone can know with any real certainty at this time who will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: