Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What happened to Chris Dawes?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Dawesy is a Collingwood premiership living legend, and we don't have a lot of them.

Dawesy always had issues with his body, and we were bloody lucky to get such a wonderful period out of him which delivered a precious flag.

But to answer dalyc's question here is a theory of what happened:

Dawesy is clearly of above average intelligence, and I dare say had a strong relationship with MM, resulting in him delivering to us an aggressive streak in 2010.

When Bucks took over that aggression seemed to vanish, at times he would not make contests, duck when marking, etc etc.
I was incredibly frustrated and I'd bet Buck's was too, hence the Lynch recruitment and the chat with Dawesy that he may be better off elsewhere.

Seemed typical of Buck's reluctance/impatience to get the best out of MM's men.
Maybe Bucks was right and it never would have happened, many fans felt that a few of them could have left with a little more respect.

All will be forgiven if success follows this year.
Otherwise I think those burned will start to tell their side of the story and it may not be pretty.

I'm a big bucks fan but I reckon you might have a point or two here, cheers

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:36 am

think positive wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Dawesy is a Collingwood premiership living legend, and we don't have a lot of them.

Dawesy always had issues with his body, and we were bloody lucky to get such a wonderful period out of him which delivered a precious flag.

But to answer dalyc's question here is a theory of what happened:

Dawesy is clearly of above average intelligence, and I dare say had a strong relationship with MM, resulting in him delivering to us an aggressive streak in 2010.

When Bucks took over that aggression seemed to vanish, at times he would not make contests, duck when marking, etc etc.
I was incredibly frustrated and I'd bet Buck's was too, hence the Lynch recruitment and the chat with Dawesy that he may be better off elsewhere.

Seemed typical of Buck's reluctance/impatience to get the best out of MM's men.
Maybe Bucks was right and it never would have happened, many fans felt that a few of them could have left with a little more respect.

All will be forgiven if success follows this year.
Otherwise I think those burned will start to tell their side of the story and it may not be pretty.

I'm a big bucks fan but I reckon you might have a point or two here, cheers

Ditto from me. Buckley is only human. Mistakes I think were made on both sides. Dawes leaves and then we end up playing Keeffe at CHF against Port in an elimination final. Similar circumstances with Heater who would have come in handy when we were losing so many games in the second half of the season. Buckley will emerge a better coach from the experience. Successful people are successful because they are prepared to be criticised and make mistakes in an endeavour to improve the team and the individual.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Dawes out with a calf injury again. hasn't had much luck with his body. Dees paying him $500k per season, which was difficult to justify given his form. Like Daisy, I believe the club made the correct decision in letting him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: