Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sydney Swans attacking Collingwood fans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Goodes was over rated as a footballer.A very good player,but not a great player,and certainly not a legend.

As for this story,i think it's just a typical media beat up.I think the Swans probably wanted to farewell him at the SC.G. which is their home ground,and not at ANZ stadium,which they don't like playing at.The author brought in the feral Collingwood supporter angle to get attention because that sort of negativie Collingwood sterotype always seems to get attention-I think they call it click bait,don't they?The issue of booing is regrettable,but it's clearly not a Collingwood issue alone.I think Hawthorn and the Western Australian teams' supporters took that issue to new heights and made it into a national issue,far more so than Collingwood supporters.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Media beat up and clearly has nothing to do with Collingwood
Its clearly an SCG preference - just ignore

Anyone who wins 2 Brownlows, 2 flags. 4 All Australians, 372 games and an Australian of the Year, no matter what your personal view, is a legend of the game.

To not applaud his achievements is insanity
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:37 pm

I heard this on 3AW this morning and almost called in to give them a serve. That really pissed me off when they said 'booed more by collingwood fans than any other club in 2015'.

To be honest, waiting until their first game at the SCG doesn't offend me in the slightest. We did it with our flag unfurling and I think the Hawks did too?

Goodes was a pies supporter as a kid, shame we couldn't have a legend of the game at our club after he retires.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:09 pm

What a crock of shit that station is. How would they possibly know that we booed Goodes more than any other club. They must have had a boo-o-metre then cos I would've thought that the serve he copped in w.a broke all records but then again, the eagles don't wear black and white stripes do they. Any excuse to stick the boot in to us.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:20 pm

piester wrote:
Tweet from Andrew Pridham of the Swans:

'Lap of honour for @adamroy37 and @mikepyke38 @scg as it is our Spiritual Home. AG has played more games @SCG than any sportsman in any sport'

Should of said that when 1st Announced as the people would know the Reason and have no Reason to write that Article

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:21 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Brenny wrote:
I heard this on 3AW this morning and almost called in to give them a serve. That really pissed me off when they said 'booed more by collingwood fans than any other club in 2015'.

To be honest, waiting until their first game at the SCG doesn't offend me in the slightest. We did it with our flag unfurling and I think the Hawks did too?

Goodes was a pies supporter as a kid, shame we couldn't have a legend of the game at our club after he retires.

What a crock of shit that station is. How would they possibly know that we booed Goodes more than any other club. They must have had a boo-o-metre then cos I would've thought that the serve he copped in w.a broke all records but then again, the eagles don't wear black and white stripes do they. Any excuse to stick the boot in to us.

Isn't Eddie 1 of the Bosses there?

Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:51 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Brenny wrote:

Was the news guys, not Ross and John.

What pissed me off, I only recall playing Sydney once last year and I don't remember if Goodes played or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: