Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sydney Swans attacking Collingwood fans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:16 pm
Post subject: Sydney Swans attacking Collingwood fansReply with quote

This is Disgusting and Discriminating to think only Collingwood Fans would Boo the Princess Adam Goodes.

I hope Eddie Let Rip at Ireland and other Morons and the Swanatees.

I guess they want no sympathy with there Cheating with there Academy

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-to-farewell-adam-goodes-but-not-against-collingwood-in-opening-round/news-story/6393df37e7c04d6bf6bfadf3b6515cc4#load-story-comments

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, they can farewell the whiner at Perth. WA fans have proven to be quite civil in this matter.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:04 pm

yes, cos Collingwood fans were the only ones booing goodes. oh pleease. what a pathetic bunch of whiners. you know what.. the dirty c.o.l.a cheats. they can play with or against themselves for all I care.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:16 pm

Biggest beat up in the history of beat ups.

They are waiting until their first home game, at their home ground, the SCG.

It's like us farewelling a player in the 80's at Waverley or the MCG instead of Vic Park, it didn't happen.

It is a Neil Cordy article though, so bullshit is to be expected.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:24 pm

For those not wanting to give Rupert Murdoch any money:

Sydney Swans to farewell Adam Goodes but not against Collingwood in opening round
February 8, 2016 8:00pm
Neil Cordy
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-to-farewell-adam-goodes-but-not-against-collingwood-in-opening-round/news-story/6393df37e7c04d6bf6bfadf3b6515cc4

THE Sydney Swans will block Collingwood fans from booing Adam Goodes one final time by not staging his farewell lap of honour in their round one home match against the Magpies.

Instead of a potentially controversial tribute at ANZ Stadium, fans will get the chance to thank Goodes for his contribution to the club during the Round 3 match against GWS at the SCG.

Collingwood have the AFL’s biggest travelling group of supporters and were among the loudest in booing Goodes.

It was at a Collingwood match at the MCG in 2013 when the retired Swan pointed to a 13-year-old girl who had called him an “ape’’.

The incident is widely regarded as the starting point for the booing of Goodes by opposition fans.

It escalated last year after Goodes performed a war dance directed at Carlton fans at the SCG.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:25 pm

Who cares. We can do without the distraction. Just whoop their sorry arses. Just fadeaway Goodes.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:31 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Biggest beat up in the history of beat ups.

They are waiting until their first home game, at their home ground, the SCG.

It's like us farewelling a player in the 80's at Waverley or the MCG instead of Vic Park, it didn't happen.

It is a Neil Cordy article though, so bullshit is to be expected.

But they don't have to make it look like the Reason is because the Stigma of Collingwood Fans

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:26 pm

So, this sorry saga, which was created and cultivated by Goodes, will end when he does a lap of (cough) honour at the Swans/GWS game. So be it.

But the true winner is Collingwood, and its loyal followers who saw in Adam Goodes the face of political fakery and twisted social justice and booed it accordingly. And we did so in spite of the relentless pro-Goodes media campaign generated by the chattering classes.

I rejoice in the news that Goodes will formally end his career by cowering from the army of men and women who stood up for a 13 year old girl.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:31 pm

So you took care of everything.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 am

Woods wrote:
So, this sorry saga, which was created and cultivated by Goodes, will end when he does a lap of (cough) honour at the Swans/GWS game. So be it.

But the true winner is Collingwood, and its loyal followers who saw in Adam Goodes the face of political fakery and twisted social justice and booed it accordingly. And we did so in spite of the relentless pro-Goodes media campaign generated by the chattering classes.

I rejoice in the news that Goodes will formally end his career by cowering from the army of men and women who stood up for a 13 year old girl.

And it's stuff like this ^^^^^ tripe that brings shame to our club and makes me feel embarrassed to be a Collingwood supporter. What does your attitude bring to all this? More shame and insult to the indigenous of this country. I can't imagine any of my 3 kids calling Adam Goodes an ape. I'd be horrified. The idea of it happening is laughable and beyond imagination. The thinking that is behind such an act is putrid and malicious. I don't know any kid who thinks Adam Goodes is Boo worthy. Imagine....seriously....if Adam Goodes had played his career at Collingwood. What noise would we make from the gutless safety of a grandstand....or online....like now?
I applaud Adam Goodes, as a man and as a footballer. And it's tragic that our great club has been seen as a pothole in the road of honouring one of this game's greats.

Goodesy....you're a legend!!

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:50 am

I don't know if Fatui Attarta is the real Fatui Attarta but I completely agree with what he wrote.
WOODS wrote "I rejoice in the news that Goodes will formally end his career by cowering from the army of men and women who stood up for a 13 year old girl."

This "army of men and women" doesn't exist.
The girl was evicted from the stadium. That wasn't Goodes's fault. Perhaps the officials over-reacted. I remember one day when Dale Thomas (he used to play for us) heard a racist taunt and pointed it out to an official. I'm not sure if the person was evicted.

I'm not sure that people at the game or home watching on TV even knew she was evicted. The Herald Sun then put her on its front page, but that's what you get from tabloid journalism. None of it was Goodes's fault.
The decision by Sydney to honour Goodes in its third game rather than in its first has nothing to do with us. We shouldn't buy in to it. Our only concern should be winning that first game. Let the tabloids and the hotheads worry about the rest.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:16 am

the funny thing is the hawks fans booed him more than other who cares cant we get over boo gate goodes has retired so we should move on
GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:19 am

Fatui Attata wrote:
Woods wrote:

And it's stuff like this ^^^^^ tripe that brings shame to our club and makes me feel embarrassed to be a Collingwood supporter. What does your attitude bring to all this? More shame and insult to the indigenous of this country. I can't imagine any of my 3 kids calling Adam Goodes an ape. I'd be horrified. The idea of it happening is laughable and beyond imagination. The thinking that is behind such an act is putrid and malicious. I don't know any kid who thinks Adam Goodes is Boo worthy. Imagine....seriously....if Adam Goodes had played his career at Collingwood. What noise would we make from the gutless safety of a grandstand....or online....like now?
I applaud Adam Goodes, as a man and as a footballer. And it's tragic that our great club has been seen as a pothole in the road of honouring one of this game's greats.

Thanks Fatui Attata! I don't want my name or that of my family linked to a so called army of small minded bigots. These people accuse others of being driven by a media agenda but wont reflect on how driven their response is by exactly the same individuals. Examine the history, understand the facts and see the man. Choose to live in the dark and you are there by yourself no matter what stripes you wear on your chest when you attend football, any other sport or in life.
piester 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Tweet from Andrew Pridham of the Swans:

'Lap of honour for @adamroy37 and @mikepyke38 @scg as it is our Spiritual Home. AG has played more games @SCG than any sportsman in any sport'

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
Woods wrote:

Goodes is a legend and I for one do not want to be included in any army of racist fuckwits
Well said

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: