Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke's Contract

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:42 pm
Post subject: Cloke's ContractReply with quote

likely to be another circus, whats he worth two years with performance clause or one year with performance clause?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-star-travis-cloke-aiming-to-open-contract-talks-20160204-gmm1a8.html

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't one of his best years the contract circus shit one?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Not Many Teams would want him now at his Age
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:15 am

Let's see how long we can get this thread eh?
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:06 am

What it does mean is that Cloke is going to have to consistently perform for the first part of the season to negotiate a lucrative three year deal. Might be a very good motivator.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:17 am

At his age (29 this year) and varied level of performance/output I would like to see Cloke on a year by year contract. Last year was poor compared to some of his better years. Is he on the slide? DOes he have any long term injuries that may seem him traded?

I think Cloke will be at Collingwood to be part of another premiership team - he needs to play up the ground and be that crucial link man across the half forward line. But for he sake of the team the less crucial he is the better!

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:43 am

yin-YANG wrote:
At his age (29 this year) and varied level of performance/output I would like to see Cloke on a year by year contract. Last year was poor compared to some of his better years. Is he on the slide? DOes he have any long term injuries that may seem him traded?

I think Cloke will be at Collingwood to be part of another premiership team - he needs to play up the ground and be that crucial link man across the half forward line. But for he sake of the team the less crucial he is the better!

Agree - the less conspicuous the better - he does not handle being 'in the spotlight' very well.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:57 am

robevpau1 wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

Agree - the less conspicuous the better - he does not handle being 'in the spotlight' very well.

No good in the spotlight, but he does do the smoke and mirrors behind the curtains very well.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Confused

Not having a go at anyone here, but seriously, Cloke was probably on close to his best year ever in the first half of last year. I have no doubt that his loss for a few games and subsequent return (when not at 100% I'd say) had a lot to do with our decline in the second half of the season.

I get annoyed as much as anyone over his goal kicking accuracy, but a fit Cloke is a powerful weapon.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:56 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
Confused

Not having a go at anyone here, but seriously, Cloke was probably on close to his best year ever in the first half of last year. I have no doubt that his loss for a few games and subsequent return (when not at 100% I'd say) had a lot to do with our decline in the second half of the season.

I get annoyed as much as anyone over his goal kicking accuracy, but a fit Cloke is a powerful weapon.

Totally disagree Anthony… 2011, 2012 and 2013 were much better years for Cloke - 2011 his best for the Pies. - Last 2 years have been overall poor for a guy on big bucks. He had some good games last year but did most of his damage against weaker teams.

Of course he is reliant on the guys up the field to a large extent but in 2011 his marking with 2 guys usually hanging off him was sensational. I would like to see him kicking around 50 goals a year given the opportunities available to him.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Irrespective of how he performed in 2015, we need him in the team until Moore develops. So that to me, warrants a new three year contract (not that he's going anywhere).
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Did he not sign a 5 year deal 2 years ago? what's the rush?

I don't want to miss out on an opportunity to sign a potential gun in the next few years (and one will become available, they always do) whilst Cloke continues to spray kicks all over the place and earning top dollar.

No thanks.

He needs to prove that he will still be relevant in 2 years time, we can afford to make the call then.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:43 am

Try him on the wing in the nab cup
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:25 am

^Try him in the ruck Smile
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:18 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
Try him on the wing in the nab cup

But he can't kick, all he can do is kick long which is not always the right option
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: