Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Poaching Hogan. Can it be done?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:54 am
Post subject: Poaching Hogan. Can it be done?Reply with quote

Bit of chat around about Jesse Hogans contract extension. I might be wrong, but I think he is yet to sign a new contract.

He is a Perth boy, but I don't think he's shown any signs that he want to go back to W.A.

What are Melbourne going to give him? Can we beat it? Can we land the 20 year old FF? His acquisition would solve many issues we'll be facing as Cloke starts to push 30.

TBH, Ive got the shits that Melb have Weideman and I'd love to steal one of their young players, and who better?

So, again, is his loyalty to Melbourne too strong, or can Collingwood make an offer he can't refuse?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet $100 that there's a report of his name being associated with Collingwood, regardless of whether we have any interest or not.
npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:06 am

I doubt that we have anywhere near enough salary cap room for another young gun. Especially after acquiring Treloar, Aish & Howe.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:08 am

Would be wear yellow boots on the field and do a leg drop?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 am

^ No, but he could wear black and white and be a real bad ass!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:08 am

Presti35 wrote:
^ No, but he could wear black and white and be a real bad ass!

Wink True join the B W O - Buckley World Order.

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:29 am

Would love this to be the case... that we could possibly snare him. But the chances are minimal.

I saw him train with the Dee's a few weeks back & he was dominant. The prize fighter amongst the flock. Is set for a big year individually. but after years in the doldrums, the Dee's will not let him go without a massive fight... read war. & with the time and nurturing that they've put into him, I can't see such a player walking out on his teammates and coaching staff... unless, maybe, they remain miles off finals football.

Cap space shouldn't be a problem, with Trav and Swan nearing the ends of their contracts. It's the ability to convince a marquee forward to defect that is the biggest challenge. We will be heavily into all options though, and if we can rise high this year, whilst other teams stagnate or drop off... look for us to try to capitalise.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:34 am

cityslick1 wrote:
Would love this to be the case... that we could possibly snare him. But the chances are minimal.

I saw him train with the Dee's a few weeks back & he was dominant. The prize fighter amongst the flock. Is set for a big year individually. but after years in the doldrums, the Dee's will not let him go without a massive fight... read war. & with the time and nurturing that they've put into him, I can't see such a player walking out on his teammates and coaching staff... unless, maybe, they remain miles off finals football.

Cap space shouldn't be a problem, with Trav and Swan nearing the ends of their contracts. It's the ability to convince a marquee forward to defect that is the biggest challenge. We will be heavily into all options though, and if we can rise high this year, whilst other teams stagnate or drop off... look for us to try to capitalise.

We were able to lure Jessie White from the Swans, I cant imagine it been a problem.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:11 pm

3rd degree wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:

We were able to lure Jessie White from the Swans, I cant imagine it been a problem.

Jessie White is no Jessie Hogan!!!
But I like the idea of sending Jessie White into the midfield as someone reported recently in their training reports.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:27 pm

npalm wrote:
I doubt that we have anywhere near enough salary cap room for another young gun. Especially after acquiring Treloar, Aish & Howe.

You'll probably find that Swan, White, Goldsack, Toovey & or Cloke will be pushed out to accommodate any big name player wanting to come to Collingwood next year.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Happy to give Jessie White the flick if it means getting Hogan.
Very much doubt Hogan is leaving MFC

piester 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:30 pm

It is not even about the salary cap room. We don't have a first round draft pick next year to use as part of any deal which would mean we would have to consider trading out a gun (or potential gun) as part of any deal. Hogan is the player Melbourne are building their team around for the next 10 years and they are not going to give him up and will throw any amount he wants at him to retain him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:00 pm

piester wrote:
It is not even about the salary cap room. We don't have a first round draft pick next year to use as part of any deal which would mean we would have to consider trading out a gun (or potential gun) as part of any deal. Hogan is the player Melbourne are building their team around for the next 10 years and they are not going to give him up and will throw any amount he wants at him to retain him.

Doubt he'll be going anywhere but this would be the key issue we'd have. Dees would quite rightly expect 2x first round picks and we just can't satisfy them in that regard, currently don't even have 1.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:50 pm

The AFL would have a word with Eddie if we even looked at it and 'encourage' us to back off.
They have too many millions invested in Melbourne's planned resurrection.

No chance !
Look what they did to Sydney after the Buddy coup.
Not worth it.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:47 pm

3rd degree wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: