Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2015 CEO of the year joins our board: Welcome

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 am
Post subject: The 2015 CEO of the year joins our board: WelcomeReply with quote

Welcome Christine Holgate CEO of Blackmores

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-recruit-christine-holgate-one-of-australias-leading-ceos-20160201-gmj0dy.html

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

nicks bb
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Whilst this is great news, and I'm probably in favour of quotas across the board to accelerate more women being in leadership positions, I do find this disturbing in the article:

"Ten female Collingwood employees have been hand-picked this year for a new leadership program the club is piloting. The program is being run by coaching business Life NRG where Pert's wife, Andi, who has worked with global giants including IBM, KPMG and ANZ, is director and a lead facilitator."

I'm in disbelief and saddened about this.

Welcome aboard Christine, maybe your first assignment can be to review the independence of all out sourcing arrangements, and investigate any potential conflicts of interests with external suppliers.

Oldest game in town.

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:45 pm

I hope Samantha Lane has her facts right, for it could be argued that 10 employees is not a small pilot program.

It poses some interesting questions:
What is the scope of the full program?
What is the cost of the pilot?
What other suppliers were considered?
Who will be reviewing the success of the pilot?

This is Pert's wife company it seems, she is probably 75% owner if not more.
http://www.lifenrg.com.au/life-nrg/
mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:37 pm

Would rather we get Newbold. He knows how to win.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:22 pm

I would have thought clubs would want to distance them from supplement companies.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:35 pm

ronrat wrote:
I would have thought clubs would want to distance them from supplement companies.

I would have thought it should be illegal for the CEO of a corporation to contract with a company that his wife owns.

Is this standard behaviour now in the world?
Are we as a society so jaded from top end of town tricks that we are willing to take it up the without a whimper?

This is member's money.
How can this be in any way appropriate?
Maybe there isn't one ounce of moral fibre amongst the lot of em.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Seriously, what dribble adolescense from this board.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:38 pm

ronrat wrote:

Nothing wrong with players taking supplements, they just need to stick to the legal varieties and declare their consumption.

Not sure though if the fact she's also CEO of Blackmore's has any bearing on her capacity to contribute to the Board and the operations of the CFC although she's probably not going to get the invite if she's not a prominent CEO or high achiever.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:46 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
ronrat wrote:

I would have thought it should be illegal for the CEO of a corporation to contract with a company that his wife owns.

Are we as a society so jaded from top end of town tricks that we are willing to take it up the without a whimper?

This is member's money.

Hardly illegal and likely a decision made at Board level without the input of Pert who no doubt appropriately given conflict of interest issues would have excused himself from discussion on the matter. Pretty standard Board practice. Maybe you should have taken issue with the perception of moral wrong aspect.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 pm

jackcass wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
ronrat wrote:

This is member's money.

Hardly illegal and likely a decision made at Board level without the input of Pert who no doubt appropriately given conflict of interest issues would have excused himself from discussion on the matter. Pretty standard Board practice. Maybe you should have taken issue with the perception of moral wrong aspect.

What do u think I'm taking issue with?
Of course this is morally wrong, seriously wrong and it should be illegal.

If the board was part of the decision to enter into a supplier arrangement with a company effectively owned by the CEO they should all stand down.

Honestly if DTM became CEO and his wife started up a catering company that was then awarded the rights at the new function centre - then this would be ok?

The apathy is mind boggling.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:23 pm

^

As jackass already said, conflicts of interest are declared as part of good and due governance. Why would you rule out what may be the best potential candidate because of a relationship issue that is declared?

That's just dumb.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

As jackass already said, conflicts of interest are declared as part of good and due governance. Why would you rule out what may be the best potential candidate because of a relationship issue that is declared?

That's just dumb.

Please point out the CEO's conflict of interest declaration.

In the financial statements the directors sign off on:
Directors interests and benefits
.. no director of the Company has received or become entitled to receive any benefits because of a contract made by the Group with a director or with a firm of which a director is a member, or with an entity in which the director has a substantial interest.

I guess this is Corporations Law and it's there for a reason.

Gary Pert is not a director, i would imagine a company owned by your wife is a substantial interest - but possibly not = loophole.

Either way this smells and requires an explanation, as to what has and will occur with the inception and carrying out of this contract and any subsequent ones.

I hate derailing this thread, I'll bump the AGM thread tomorrow.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:14 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

That's just dumb.

I disagree - just because you declare a conflict of interest does not make it good governance. Declaring what is glaringly obvious does not mean it should then be acceptable to do whatever you want.

This is what happens with lots of these boards - and now our own pure cronyism!

Not a good look and a black mark on the board and Eddie for letting this go through and ruin what should have been a good news story. Sad

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:01 am

Geez I can't wait for the footy to start to stop bloody lunatic crap like this being discussed.... Mad Evil or Very Mad Boredom breeds bullshit.

CC and YY, if you have an issue, please take it direct to Eddie and the Club. Your views on this matter have nothing to do with Nick's quite frankly. You have every right to convey your thoughts/opinions to the club and have the matter dealt with there where it truly belongs.

Now FFS, lets talk football.............. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: