Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Double standard from A Current Affair over the DSP

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Those old Paxton and Safran vids are gold!

Ray's wife/partner (?): "I've spoken to someone in very high places about you." [Rips into Mike Moron's face in an explosion of Freudian release Laughing Laughing]

Surely, the most memorable, defining moment of Rayge Cretin's career, and one of the great comeuppances of Australian tabloid history Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:03 am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/shane-paxton-back-in-trouble/story-fn6bfmgc-1226120760152

(2012 wonder what he's up to now)

He should get his own reality show, he can make fake friends with that Corey dickhead that had the party in his parents home and fronted the media in jocks and an ugly doona!

yes it was a setup, and they were easy targets, still they were not prepared to clean up their acts to get a job. Went to high point a couple of days ago, man driving through Footscray, some quality people watching! The lack of clothes, the Tatts, the grungy hair, the piercings

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:19 am

Worthington may have cleaned his act up.Parents leave a 16 year old on his own well Bogans R Us. . The Paxtons should have met the Scotts, Bred together and then been involved in something that meant life imprisonment.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:20 am

ronrat wrote:
Worthington may have cleaned his act up.Parents leave a 16 year old on his own well Bogans R Us. . The Paxtons should have met the Scotts, Bred together and then been involved in something that meant life imprisonment.
How far up?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:09 am

ronrat wrote:

Haha

Yeah Corey got smart and used his infamy well:
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/02/12/17/30/aussie-party-boy-corey-worthington-says-he-turned-his-life-around

Good on him, except that bloody awful neck tattoo! Ugh, yuk.

Who are the Scott's? I vaguely remember a family trashing houses and annoying/threatening everyone around them, so they got move to public housing in the boon docks. Actually I think a house was bought for them just because they couldn't stop their destructive abuse ways. Is that this family?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:23 am

think positive wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/shane-paxton-back-in-trouble/story-fn6bfmgc-1226120760152

He should get his own reality show, he can make fake friends with that Corey dickhead that had the party in his parents home and fronted the media in jocks and an ugly doona!

yes it was a setup, and they were easy targets, still they were not prepared to clean up their acts to get a job. Went to high point a couple of days ago, man driving through Footscray, some quality people watching! The lack of clothes, the Tatts, the grungy hair, the piercings

Isn't that what ACA and Today Tonight are all about, basically? Sneering at the "lower classes".

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 am

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

Isn't that what ACA and Today Tonight are all about, basically? Sneering at the "lower classes".

Lower class is your take on it, I don't judge that way, all I see is dead beats who don't want to work, and they exist at both ends of the financial spectrum. Politicians are a case in point.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:09 am

think positive wrote:
ronrat wrote:

Haha

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/02/12/17/30/aussie-party-boy-corey-worthington-says-he-turned-his-life-around

Who are the Scott's? I vaguely remember a family trashing houses and annoying/threatening everyone around them, so they got move to public housing in the boon docks. Actually I think a house was bought for them just because they couldn't stop their destructive abuse ways. Is that this family?

Yep, built 2 homes for them around Shepparton with spa bathes etc, Parents never married but they had about 8 kids and none had a job. Personally I would have built them in the Simpson desert. No doubt 10 years or so on they will all still be on welfare, or in gaol. The girls will all be single mothers to multiple fathers. They should have made a reality show out of it.parents could watch it with kids and say "See what happens if you don't go to school. don't work, rob and assault, take drugs and have unprotected sex"

http://www.mmg.com.au/local-news/shepparton/shepparton-man-jailed-for-kidnapping-1.9978
Women bashers as well.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:49 am

ronrat wrote:
think positive wrote:
ronrat wrote:

Haha

Yep, built 2 homes for them around Shepparton with spa bathes etc, Parents never married but they had about 8 kids and none had a job. Personally I would have built them in the Simpson desert. No doubt 10 years or so on they will all still be on welfare, or in gaol. The girls will all be single mothers to multiple fathers. They should have made a reality show out of it.parents could watch it with kids and say "See what happens if you don't go to school. don't work, rob and assault, take drugs and have unprotected sex"

http://www.mmg.com.au/local-news/shepparton/shepparton-man-jailed-for-kidnapping-1.9978
Women bashers as well.

gees, no wonder no one wanted to live next to them! scary shit

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:40 am

And another Scott went for murder. You can make every excuse you like but in the end and arsehole is just that. No excuses.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:01 am

On the one hand you think that they all have such little control over their fate that you can predict with confidence that they'll all be deadbeats in ten years (that all the girls will be single mothers, etc.), but on the other hand you say that "arseholes are just arseholes, no excuses". So does your family upbringing shape who you are as a person or not? You can't have it both ways...
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:31 pm

David wrote:
On the one hand you think that they all have such little control over their fate that you can predict with confidence that they'll all be deadbeats in ten years (that all the girls will be single mothers, etc.), but on the other hand you say that "arseholes are just arseholes, no excuses". So does your family upbringing shape who you are as a person or not? You can't have it both ways...

Couldn't you use a better example of a dead beat than being a single mother? I've got a few friends that have become single mothers by choice (using a donor sperm and IVF). They're certainly not dead beats. (AFP officer & nurse are just 2 of them)

Let's say "deadbeats in ten years (that they've never held a job & smoke dope all day etc)"

And I would say yes to your question. Most, but not all, of the time, I would say upbringing has a lot to do with shaping who you become.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:27 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

Looks that way. The Upper Class get there Ass's Kissed,

They are part of the Problem by making a Obvious Class Differential

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:28 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
think positive wrote:

Lower class is your take on it, I don't judge that way, all I see is dead beats who don't want to work, and they exist at both ends of the financial spectrum. Politicians are a case in point.

Not Everyone who is Lower Class are Dead Beats. You sound like you would be a Reported for CA saying stuff like that

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:25 pm

luvdids wrote:
David wrote:

Couldn't you use a better example of a dead beat than being a single mother? I've got a few friends that have become single mothers by choice (using a donor sperm and IVF). They're certainly not dead beats. (AFP officer & nurse are just 2 of them)

Let's say "deadbeats in ten years (that they've never held a job & smoke dope all day etc)"

And I would say yes to your question. Most, but not all, of the time, I would say upbringing has a lot to do with shaping who you become.

Oh, I completely agree! To clarify, I'm not saying that single mothers are deadbeats, and I apologise if I gave that impression. I'm criticising RR's use of that as an example of how he thought kids in families like this would probably turn out, because it displays a double standard: on the one hand, a willingness to vilify people with terms like "deadbeat" and to claim that they only have themselves to blame, but on the other acting like a soothsayer claiming to know exactly how those kids are going to turn out.

If he turns out to be right that those kids are going to end up in the same cycle of poverty and unemployment – and, sadly, there is good reason to expect that many of them will – how can he turn around and say "no excuses" when they end up dealing drugs or having kids by five different fathers? By giving up on them early as no-hopers who will never have a chance in life, and then turning around and blaming them for turning out exactly as predicted, people with views like this are having their superiority complex cake and eating it too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: