Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dellavedova (NBA) models his game on Nick Maxwell

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:55 pm
Post subject: Dellavedova (NBA) models his game on Nick MaxwellReply with quote

Not sure if this was ever posted, but just came across this short video of Matthew Dellavedova (Cleveland Cavaliers, NBA), and him attributing his tenacious on field game to ex-Magpie premiership captain, Nick Maxwell.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14519150

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't get the Video to Play
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:46 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Can't get the Video to Play

Same here, Dave. Tried explorer and firefox. Zilch.
The Drooge 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:47 am
Post subject: LinkReply with quote

http://video.espn.com.au/videos/basketball/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/watch-dellavedova-making-his-mark-on-the-nba
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Why did he not name Collingwood?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:25 am

Yeah, can't view it here in the UK either.

I was just telling the Beloved the other day about Maxy because she is interested in sports psychology (she's a baseball fan not from Oz). His achievement as a leader looks even more impressive over time, I reckon.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:32 pm

I was able to see the video just now and I think it's awesome he attributes much of his game in basketball around Nick Maxwell and the way he conducted himself at footy.

The Yanks wouldn't have a clue what he was talking about! Laughing

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:50 am

Pretty sure Maxy wasn't a sniper who deliberately fell into people's legs potentially causing a serious injury though Wink
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Give us a spell Malta.

You've been sucked in by the hysterical Yanks that were so shocked to see someone willing to get their hands dirty for the sake of their team.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:45 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Give us a spell Malta.

You've been sucked in by the hysterical Yanks that were so shocked to see someone willing to get their hands dirty for the sake of their team.

It's how all Aussie play Basketball. Yanks just sook and call it Dirty Rolling Eyes

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Haha please.

People over here are so quick to jump to the defense of our athletes simply because they were born in the same country as them. I absolutely love the comments in support of him to be honest, whenever an Australian sportsmen does something unsportsmanlike everyone over here becomes an armchair expert and the narrative is that everyone else is soft and doesn't understand the sport they've been following their whole lives Laughing

There's getting your hands dirty then there's deliberately falling into people's legs and running the risk of injuring them. There are plenty of other Aussies playing basketball professionally who don't do the same thing, because they're not all dirty.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:31 pm

King Malta wrote:
Haha please.

People over here are so quick to jump to the defense of our athletes simply because they were born in the same country as them. I absolutely love the comments in support of him to be honest, whenever an Australian sportsmen does something unsportsmanlike everyone over here becomes an armchair expert and the narrative is that everyone else is soft and doesn't understand the sport they've been following their whole lives Laughing

There's getting your hands dirty then there's deliberately falling into people's legs and running the risk of injuring them. There are plenty of other Aussies playing basketball professionally who don't do the same thing, because they're not all dirty.

So you are saying he is a Thug and One of the Dirtiest Players ever in the NBA?

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:39 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Haha please.

Laughing I didn't actually say that did I.

There's been plenty of dirty players in the NBA and most of them were crucified by fans for being just that. Delly is nowhere near the dirtiest guy to set foot on an NBA court, but his actions that caused the furor last season were dirty and the actions of a bit of a sniper as far as I'm concerned.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:20 am

King Malta wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Haha please.

People over here are so quick to jump to the defense of our athletes simply because they were born in the same country as them. I absolutely love the comments in support of him to be honest, whenever an Australian sportsmen does something unsportsmanlike everyone over here becomes an armchair expert and the narrative is that everyone else is soft and doesn't understand the sport they've been following their whole lives :lol:

:lol: I didn't actually say that did I.

There's been plenty of dirty players in the NBA and most of them were crucified by fans for being just that. Delly is nowhere near the dirtiest guy to set foot on an NBA court, but his actions that caused the furor last season were dirty and the actions of a bit of a sniper as far as I'm concerned.

Clueless
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:43 am

The Weed wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Haha please.

Laughing I didn't actually say that did I.

Clueless

Thanks for your well thought out and articulated input Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: