Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training - Monday 18 January

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your report cityslick1.

"lot of goals kicked, as a result of the disposal efficiency and transition working well"

Let's hope that carries through to the season proper!

Don't know if it's just my imagination, but a couple of the younger ones really seem to have muscled up a bit - Adams, Langdon, Elliott, even Darcy.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:07 am

I did think about it at the time, but I Don't think you could play Grundy in the forward line permanently... he's too valuable in the ruck, and not mobile enough for a perm gig up forward. He had a purple patch today, but it did give me a lot greater confidence about him resting / playing up there. Also, Witts and Cox don't look good enough to call the ruck their own. Both have deficiencies, though cox impressed more around the ground today. It is just training, but I would be interested to see the Grundy / Cox combination work in tandem. Big Mason seems a smart cookie, and of v fine character. Just needs to get his field kicking up to scratch. We have midfielders galore, so maybe a 6'11' relief ruck is the answer, with Brodie kicking a couple and giving Trav and / or Darcy a chop out.

Moore is a v athletic specimen, but still looks light to me. He def has the build to fill out though, like his old man, so in two more years will be a bit of a unit I reckon. Degoey is def bigger, and looks a formidable prospect, as are Langdon and Frost (bigger) whilst Tay has always been solid, as has Elliott for the past year or so. Smith and Phillips are also solid, and I think Steele has put on a bit of size, along with Treloar.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:10 am

Are we training this Wednesday?

I'm very keen to head down before the Australian Open starts from 11am that day.

dave_swan 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks for the update....love reading these!

Wonder what have been your impressions of howe and white?
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Training should be tomorrow morning 9.30 - 10am start.

Maynard, Ramsey, brown and Oxley doing the kickins.

Howe not sighted yet - foot issue. White looks mobile and athletic, but no pack marking, all similar to last year. He and Darcy are similar players, but I feel Darcy is ahead of him, and the club will be looking for another gun forward next season to displace white and succeed Cloke. Will be interesting to see who they go after, as they don't do things by halves these days...

Would still push for best 22 right now, but more as a default of Howe missing and Witts, Mason and Gault not banging the door down. I think mobility along with foot skills, is so valuable in today's game & the slower, bigger types are getting left behind. Hence why White is still in with a shout, and why Witts needs to start showing something special...

Ramsey I have ahead of Maynard, due to his greater experience, and flexibility. To play a small/medium back these days, you need to have a lot of run & virtually be able to pinch hit as a midfielder... and Jackson can do this. Maynard is a nice kick, and solid, but I prefer oxley and Marsh to him at this stage too. Again, the greater development factor, plus having more tools and desperation/pace respectively.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:30 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
Training should be tomorrow morning 9.30 - 10am start.

Thanks for that mate Smile

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Big Training Session on Friday but Forecast is Crap
MagpieAnge 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:51 pm

Thanks for the reports, cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: