Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon players guilty! Bans til November 2016!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hird must think we are all stupid. His claim that it was done to benefit players after they retired is at best laughable. If, as he claims.it was done to reduce arthritis in later life then why didn't Dank and Robinson etc take this to ASADA and the AFL and offer this to all clubs and why wouldn't the AFLPA be pushing for this. If WADA or ASADA says no then they can open themselves to litigation later on. Why has no other sports scientist mob come out in support.Why hasn't my GP offered me some of this stuff for my arthritis.

This stuff is sold all over SE Asia. It is bought be gym junkies and roid freaks. Most who will probably croak at an early age ala half the professional wrestlers and body builders.

If it isn't performance enhancing why would the Bombers care about all this. And why haven't other players tried it. Well maybe they have the AFL is hoping it all goes away.

I smell a James Hird book deal where everyone is to blame but him. With Slobbo Robinson plugging it every opportunity.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:43 am

David wrote:
^ You know what's discomforting about that formula? It's well known that our club, and every other AFL club as far as we know, gives its players injections and supplements too. What purpose do they serve other than to improve performance? Essendon just took it to the next level.

I wish it wasn't the case, but that seems to be how things are in the AFL nowadays.

Difference being David, is that other clubs players didn't/don't lie on their drug testing forms, that's what ultimately stuffed them. We'll more than likely never know what they took, but even a brain dead mutant like myself knows if you can't prove what you did take, the presumption is (and rightly so imo)you've done something dodgy. End of story.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:06 am

London Dave wrote:
David wrote:
^ You know what's discomforting about that formula? It's well known that our club, and every other AFL club as far as we know, gives its players injections and supplements too. What purpose do they serve other than to improve performance? Essendon just took it to the next level.

I wish it wasn't the case, but that seems to be how things are in the AFL nowadays.

Difference being David, is that other clubs players didn't/don't lie on their drug testing forms, that's what ultimately stuffed them. We'll more than likely never know what they took, but even a brain dead mutant like myself knows if you can't prove what you did take, the presumption is (and rightly so imo)you've done something dodgy. End of story.

Exactly.

David, we just lost two players for two years because they didn't ask their drug dealer what their illegal drugs were cut with! Saad was banned for a soft drink! They have to make damn sure they know what's in their body. It's up to them to check. They didn't. But most damning of all, why did they leave the supplements part of the form blank if they had nothing to hide? Why doesn't that tell you they were guilty? And let's not forget those forms were during the time they were doping, not later when the shit hit the fan.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:01 am

As was established in the court hearing, they were told to do so by Dank and Robinson. That doesn't absolve them of all responsibility, but it was just one more thing they were told to do by authority figures in a hierarchical culture.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:23 am

At the end of the day, the players blatantly LIED by not being forthcoming about the injections. So in the simplest terms, they were basically dishonest at the very least and have to take some responsibility for that.

You cant just redirect blame willy nilly to everyone else when the substance entered YOUR body. They (like David Zaharakis) had the choice to say NO to drugs. The simple answer is that they didn't say no to drugs.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:02 pm

David wrote:
As was established in the court hearing, they were told to do so by Dank and Robinson. That doesn't absolve them of all responsibility, but it was just one more thing they were told to do by authority figures in a hierarchical culture.

That's what they aid, but did dank and Robinson say that was the case?

If you do something illegal some one tells you to do, because they assure you it's ok, you don't get off. Like speeding, murder blah blah blah

The question was have you taken any suppiments? Even if they thought they were vitamins, that's supplements, they lied.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:22 pm

I doubt if anybody can refute the simple fact that when asked, they LIED. Totally lied.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Seriously David I commend you for your 'Noble' cause, sticking up for the 'poor man', but you're arguments just don't wash, at all.

I know I'm cherry picking, but "taking it to the next level" just sounds so silly. There is next level and there is over the line. Robin Hood would get done for theft today don't you think, no matter if the people he stole from deserved it and that it was for a charitable cause.

I'm sure that one day you'll look back on this and think, yeah they have only themselves to blame.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:43 pm

They Signed Ryan Crowley.

He fit in well at the Peptide Bummer

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:32 pm

So they get a chemist for a coach and recruit a player who was suspended over a PED. You couldn't script this!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:00 am

Bucks5 wrote:
So they get a chemist for a coach and recruit a player who was suspended over a PED. You couldn't script this!

Unreal huh! How bloody bizarre!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:10 am

Bucks5 wrote:

Geez!! Talk about learning a good old lesson - NOT!

Now they are just chucking it iright n the AFL's face!

Unbelievable!!

Who next? Maybe Justin Charles as ruck coach?
Cousins as midfield coach?
Saad teaching goal kicking from 286 steps?

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Lazza wrote:
I doubt if anybody can refute the simple fact that when asked, they LIED. Totally lied.

In a nutshell and hanging their hats on technicalities instead of refuting the facts of their dishonesty, instead, ignoring the elephant in the room, is the totality of the Essendon argument. 'We feel for the players, it's gone on too long' blah blah, how many injunctions and stays have been sought and achieved by those bleating against the injustices. Answer: Most of them.

GUILTY. DO THE CRIME DO THE TIME YOU A$$HAT$!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:34 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-banned-players-consider-appeal-to-swiss-court/news-story/6b81964bed44aeea6760ddada397f9e3

IF the Peptide Bummers win that Appeal. AFL might as well Piss ASADA and WADA off as they have no power anyway

Peter Gordon sound like a Dickhead

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:13 am

I wouldn't worry too much Dave, even if they get a submission organised and translated by the 10/2/16 deadline, I reckon this stolen from big footy would about wrap it up:

Lets see Stewart Crameri's 'appeal'

Crt: So Mr Crameri, i understand you get paid 350 k per year is that correct?
Stewie: Yes
Crt: And you receive education from ASADA and the AFLPA on peds every year. IS that right?
Stewie: Yes.
Crt: your honour let me submit the materials as well as times and dates that Mr crameri received this education.
Crt: And you have your own manager? Access to the AFLPA ?
Stewie: Err yeah...
Crt: What does your mother do Mr Crameri?
Stewie: Errr
Crt: So shes not a Dr?
Stewie: No.
Crt: But you took her advice on peds?
Stewie: Err yeah...
Crt: No further questions.
Judge: Shakes head. Case closed. Appeal denied after 5 minutes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15   

Jump to: