Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon players guilty! Bans til November 2016!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/former-essendon-coach-james-hird-breaks-silence-on-bombers-drugs-saga/news-story/8ce79063afbb812be12e750342a4d074

Does anyone Believe that Bullshit?

Can't read this!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:58 am

partypie wrote:
Just wondering if they get tested for peds and illegal substances while under suspension
yes
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Funkadelic wrote:
dyso you are correct my friend, i assumed we played them twice as we always seem to.
... and ill keep the gags to a family friendly level, stuff like 'things have gone from bad to worsfold' ' i thought Thymosin beta-4 was a star wars character', y'know, nothing too silly.

Bwahahahahaha!!! G-rated gags can have us in stitches too! Laughing

Dyso

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:34 pm

Woods wrote:
What nonsense. "WADA's oft-repeated ideological stance that an athlete is fully responsible for whatever goes into their body".

Its not ideology it is the law. A law the consequences of which the players were instructed on time and time again at education sessions.

They knew they were in breach of the law every time they chose to lie to ASADA when asked what supplements they were taking. That damns them as knowing perpetrators, not victims. They cheated, and you want to play the 'poor diddums' card. These players are individual grown men with an army of personal advisors, from managers to PR consultants, to turn to for clarification and support. In spite of that they knowingly and repeatedly perpetrated acts of cheating.

The excuse that 'my mates made me do it' is also lame. This is a gangland mentality that has no place in sport. Maybe in your worldview, but not in sport.

You and others that consider these cheats as victims are not only on the wrong side of history, but also the wrong side of common sense, decency and ethics. Repent.

Lol. I well believe that this is what the law says, as the law — at least on this occasion — has found against them. But that doesn't mean that the law is necessarily just, of course; it just happens to be the prevailing ideology. My observation is that they did not feel they had the power to say no and that this 'army of personal advisers' you refer to were mostly acting contrary to their interests.

I agree that they were wrong to lie, but again, they did it on the 'advice' of Dank and Robinson, authority figures in a hierarchical system.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:16 pm

Lawyers are the biggest winners out of this
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:59 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Cam wrote:
Zacharakis said no.

Sammy Mitchell was right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5sqNi-I-Q

He should get his fine money back

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:02 am

David wrote:
Woods wrote:
What nonsense. "WADA's oft-repeated ideological stance that an athlete is fully responsible for whatever goes into their body".

Its not ideology it is the law. A law the consequences of which the players were instructed on time and time again at education sessions.

They knew they were in breach of the law every time they chose to lie to ASADA when asked what supplements they were taking. That damns them as knowing perpetrators, not victims. They cheated, and you want to play the 'poor diddums' card. These players are individual grown men with an army of personal advisors, from managers to PR consultants, to turn to for clarification and support. In spite of that they knowingly and repeatedly perpetrated acts of cheating.

The excuse that 'my mates made me do it' is also lame. This is a gangland mentality that has no place in sport. Maybe in your worldview, but not in sport.

You and others that consider these cheats as victims are not only on the wrong side of history, but also the wrong side of common sense, decency and ethics. Repent.

Lol. I well believe that this is what the law says, as the law — at least on this occasion — has found against them. But that doesn't mean that the law is necessarily just, of course; it just happens to be the prevailing ideology. My observation is that they did not feel they had the power to say no and that this 'army of personal advisers' you refer to were mostly acting contrary to their interests.

I agree that they were wrong to lie, but again, they did it on the 'advice' of Dank and Robinson, authority figures in a hierarchical system.

Can you explain why every player involved left the part that asks if they have taken ANY supplements at all, BLANK?

One player had the power to say no, and did, was he special? Or just brave

Yes they were conned, I have no doubt, but that still doesn't get them off doing their own due diligence. It's drummed into them.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:47 am

Finally the correct outcome of this whole sordid mess. Now I can watch footy again.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:31 am

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

Can you explain why every player involved left the part that asks if they have taken ANY supplements at all, BLANK?

One player had the power to say no, and did, was he special? Or just brave

Yes they were conned, I have no doubt, but that still doesn't get them off doing their own due diligence. It's drummed into them.

Zaharakis had a pathological fear of needles, apparently (or at least, that was the excuse he felt he needed to make). And that I think demonstrates my point perfectly. If not one Essendon player felt they had the power to stand up and say this was wrong, what makes you think that players at any other club would have reacted differently? Do you think players at that particular club at that particular point in time were special?

It seems obvious to me that the vast majority of players at all clubs would have followed like sheep if that club had had a supplements program of this kind, and that to me suggests that players at AFL clubs as a general rule do not feel they have the power to question decisions made by authority figures in a given club. You need someone like a Lumumba (and look how well that turned out for him!). The point is, it would have taken an exceptional person to stand up and say no in that situation; as a general rule, I do not believe that it is just to punish people for not acting exceptionally.

Hopefully this affair will change that culture of unquestioning obedience in AFL clubs, and that's a good thing, but that doesn't make these 34 players anything other than scapegoats.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:17 pm

Yeah actually it does, it makes them guilty

Of stupidity, of blind faith, of taking illegal supplements

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Not sure you're reading what I'm saying. Perhaps the thing I just posted on Facebook makes my argument clearer - either way, I think simply repeating that they're 'guilty' isn't really engaging with my argument, which is that the issue of guilt in this case is at the very least complex.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:07 pm

More bulls&Łt on ABC News 24 now.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:07 pm

All the players are in denial.

As is Hird.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:35 pm

David wrote:
Not sure you're reading what I'm saying. Perhaps the thing I just posted on Facebook makes my argument clearer - either way, I think simply repeating that they're 'guilty' isn't really engaging with my argument, which is that the issue of guilt in this case is at the very least complex.

Stolen but apt

The Players maybe did not join the dots, but the implications of their situation was obvious to anyone capable of looking at the information objectively.

Ask the players.

How many injections did you receive? (lots)
What was the intent of these injections? (to improve infield performance)
How isn't this drug doping and outright cheating?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:26 pm

^ You know what's discomforting about that formula? It's well known that our club, and every other AFL club as far as we know, gives its players injections and supplements too. What purpose do they serve other than to improve performance? Essendon just took it to the next level.

I wish it wasn't the case, but that seems to be how things are in the AFL nowadays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15   

Jump to: