Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon players guilty! Bans til November 2016!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Essendon players are still deluded.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/1/statement-from-essendon-bombers-captain-jobe-watson-about-cas-finding

Official statement from Jobe Watson

"The decision announced by the Court of Arbitration for Sport to uphold WADA’s appeal is devastating.

We are struggling to come to terms with this decision, and feel it does not support the players’ firm belief that we are innocent.

Our legal team is conducting a thorough review of the decision and will explore any avenues available to us.

The players would like to thank our families, our friends, our members and supporters for their unwavering support.

We would also like to thank the AFLPA for their ongoing support throughout the last three years.

We will not be making any further comment and ask the media to please respect our privacy during this extremely challenging period."

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:02 pm

Funkadelic wrote:
All I know is ill be at both games we play them with a belly full of boos and a head full of snappy one liner zingers.

I'll be there too, but I'd hope the rest of the fans join me in showing any bomber fans that are brave enough to show up the respect they deserve, and the players who are brave enough to be out there, busting their guts, the respect they deserve.

I'll stand by them, side by side.

It's over. Let it go, get back to football.

And hating for the right reason.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:48 pm

^ Aha & you reckon they'd show you the same respect if the roles were reversed?

That's how I look at this whole sorry mess.

They can sit & fester on the bottom of the ladder for eternity as far as I'm concerned & as for the corrupt shit organisation that is the AFL, they too can suck my dogs fat one!

Both deserve everything they get & then some!

*Back to my cocktail now, relaxing on my cruise*

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:02 pm

think positive wrote:
piedys wrote:

think positive wrote:
... my daughter ^&*^*% ex has been training with them for 8 months, when he is a basketballer. 6 foot 4 jerkoff! fit right in!

Hey skip, some of us 6 foot 4 jerkoffs might take resemblance to that remark!

Dyso

sorry honey....
actually its ok, hes shorter now, i took him down a peg or two!!

And... he is now the proud owner of not one, but two arse-holes: the one he was born with, and verbalises through; and of course, the new-improved upgrade Jojo ripped for him on her daughter's behalf! Razz

think positive wrote:
... a year away from footy, copping the heat that will surely come their way, I reckon it will end a couple of careers. Just think how long it takes a player to get back after coming off a layoff for injury, and they will be doing it without ANY club support. It's always hard to get match fit, a lot harder than staying there once you are there, anyone who plays a team sport knows that. Reckon Jobe will struggle. I reckon Heppell will survive.

Oh and the AFL? Shame shame shame

Surely Essendon will appoint a personal trainer [$50K?] to monitor the exiled players away from the club, with a programme tailored to mirror their regular AFL training, week-in, week-out? They will lose match-fitness only over that period, but not any of their actual physical conditioning, i'd suggest...

Funkadelic wrote:
All I know is ill be at both games we play them with a belly full of boos and a head full of snappy one liner zingers.

Better use them all up on Anzac day bro, we only get one shot at the title in 2016, and not two.

think positive wrote:
I'll be there too, but I'd hope the rest of the fans join me in showing any bomber fans that are brave enough to show up the respect they deserve, and the players who are brave enough to be out there, busting their guts, the respect they deserve.

I'll stand by them, side by side.

It's over. Let it go, get back to football.

And hating for the right reason.

Apart from the Essenflogs who taunted you in the final round of 2015, they will be entitled to a special bake; the rest shall be granted immunity eh?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Woods wrote:
(Note that in her summary Natalie refers to paragraph numbers that appear in the official CAS report on the case. You can download a PDF copy from the CAS website here: http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Arbitral_Award_WADA_ESSENDON.pdf . and see for yourself what they refer to.

Regarding the 34 players personal culpability, checkout paragraph 158 – damning stuff.)

Damning? Not really. Just reiterates WADA's oft-repeated ideological stance that an athlete is fully responsible for whatever goes into their body. It completely glosses over the power dynamics that might exist within a football club, which, I think, lead many people quite reasonably to see the players as victims, not perpetrators.

As for those bringing up the systematic doping in the Soviet Bloc (and modern-day Russia, I should add), it's a very different kettle of fish when we're talking about individual athletes. All the same, it may well be that we overestimate those particular athletes' complicity or ability to say no. I would rather that such dynamics be taken into account when sanctioning people for offences like these.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:47 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
^ Aha & you reckon they'd show you the same respect if the roles were reversed?

That's how I look at this whole sorry mess.

They can sit & fester on the bottom of the ladder for eternity as far as I'm concerned & as for the corrupt shit organisation that is the AFL, they too can suck my dogs fat one!

Both deserve everything they get & then some!

*Back to my cocktail now, relaxing on my cruise*

Don't care how they would treat me, that's their problem, not mine, I don't define myself or my behaviour by what others may or may not do.

Oh and those cruise cocktails are shit, they water them down too much, sneak in a bottle of scotch! The Bahamas bottle shops sell special ones that don't show up on the scans!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:26 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The players are the innocent victims in this sad and sorry episode. However, banning them is the correct outcome, otherwise future players will always be able to use the out clause of "we were told to take this stuff".

Hird, 'Bomber' Thomson, their club doctor and the board members at that time, should ALL be banned from ever working at a sports club.

If the AFL-Players Association had any guts, they'd be initiating damages claims against the Essendon Football Club, who, as an employer, breached their duty of care to the players, and their actions have ruined the careers of the players. I'd estimate the total damages claim could run to over 100 million dollars.

If you read the review of the decision I think you will change your opinion on how you apportion blame and responsibility. There has been a great deal of misinformation out there and there are some such as Dank and Hird who continuate to attempt to muddy the waters.

Despite the WADA findings, I still consider the players to be innocent victims of an experimental drug program run by their club. Their employers are the one's responsible for the program. What seems to be missing from the WADA judgement, is any real acknowledgement of the realities of players in a team environment. The WADA rules were designed around policing drug use by individual athletes, where the athletes are expected to make their own decisions about this sort of stuff. In a large team environment such as a football team, it is inevitably much, much more difficult for players to be expected to challenge/refuse to abide by instructions from coaches etc.

But don't get me wrong. I think the players had to be banned, to prevent it happening again. I just think, they are not the real wrong-doers in this case. Hird, 'Bomber' Thomson, and the Essendon Board bare the main responsibility for this disgraceful episode, and I hope the players sue the arse of these jerks.

I think the players are not completely innocent victims, but undoubtedly were duped by the powers that be at Essendon at that time. The killer for the players was they didn't declare the injections etc on their drug testing forms. A bit like bringing back a load of contraband by plane, not declaring it on your customs form and when your bags get searched, plead ignorance.

Two points... I agree with you 100% re those in charge at the time. Should never be allowed near a football club. Akin to being warned off the races. Secondly, I kind of recall it being said if more than a couple of players at a club are found to have committed doping violations, the club can be 'suspended' or some such. Does this still hold?
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:22 am

David wrote:
As for those bringing up the systematic doping in the Soviet Bloc (and modern-day Russia, I should add), it's a very different kettle of fish when we're talking about individual athletes. All the same, it may well be that we overestimate those particular athletes' complicity or ability to say no. I would rather that such dynamics be taken into account when sanctioning people for offences like these.

My point David was that there was a contention that the "WADA rules" were designed around policing individual athletes making an individual decision and not a "team environment". I suggest that this is inaccurate. When State sponsored cheating is involved then that could be argued to be precisely a team environment. I'm not sure that many of the East German athletes from the 70's actually had a choice.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 pm

David wrote:
Woods wrote:
(Note that in her summary Natalie refers to paragraph numbers that appear in the official CAS report on the case. You can download a PDF copy from the CAS website here: http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Arbitral_Award_WADA_ESSENDON.pdf . and see for yourself what they refer to.

Regarding the 34 players personal culpability, checkout paragraph 158 – damning stuff.)

Damning? Not really. Just reiterates WADA's oft-repeated ideological stance that an athlete is fully responsible for whatever goes into their body. It completely glosses over the power dynamics that might exist within a football club, which, I think, lead many people quite reasonably to see the players as victims, not perpetrators.

What nonsense. "WADA's oft-repeated ideological stance that an athlete is fully responsible for whatever goes into their body".

Its not ideology it is the law. A law the consequences of which the players were instructed on time and time again at education sessions.

They knew they were in breach of the law every time they chose to lie to ASADA when asked what supplements they were taking. That damns them as knowing perpetrators, not victims. They cheated, and you want to play the 'poor diddums' card. These players are individual grown men with an army of personal advisors, from managers to PR consultants, to turn to for clarification and support. In spite of that they knowingly and repeatedly perpetrated acts of cheating.

The excuse that 'my mates made me do it' is also lame. This is a gangland mentality that has no place in sport. Maybe in your worldview, but not in sport.

You and others that consider these cheats as victims are not only on the wrong side of history, but also the wrong side of common sense, decency and ethics. Repent.
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:25 pm

1892_ wrote:
On top of Watson and the Brownlow you really have to wonder who's running the joint. Is it the AFL or Essendon?

A Mr Rupert Murdoch comes to mind. Gotta have 18 teams in the comp as per the TV deal.

MM

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Zacharakis said no.

Sammy Mitchell was right!

Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:36 pm

dyso you are correct my friend, i assumed we played them twice as we always seem to.
And TP its all good, i would've booed them anyway because, well, they're eseendon, and ill keep the gags to a family friendly level, stuff like 'things have gone from bad to worsfold' ' i thought Thymosin beta-4 was a star wars character', y'know, nothing too silly.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:48 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/former-essendon-coach-james-hird-breaks-silence-on-bombers-drugs-saga/news-story/8ce79063afbb812be12e750342a4d074

Does anyone Believe that Bullshit?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:53 pm

Cam wrote:
Zacharakis said no.

Sammy Mitchell was right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5sqNi-I-Q

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:56 am

Just wondering if they get tested for peds and illegal substances while under suspension
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15   

Jump to: