Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training notes - Monday 11 Jan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
I am a little surprised how quickly Frost has fallen from grace.

Cityslick, do you get the feeling Frost is a best 22 type player, or is he now simply insurance for Ben Reid?

Frost has fallen from grace according to....

Personally, I still see Frost and Brown as our 2 main KPD's with Marsh as the 3rd tall, Reid to play forward.

Is that you Bucks?

FF Witts Cloke Moore
HF Howe Reid White
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:32 am

unless frosty tells bucks to gf he's a lock for first 22. and rightly so as reliable defender who wears his opponent like a glove and releases to spoil time and again.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:52 pm

^^ Wasn't last year and won't be this year. Brown has him edged out for the stopper role and Reid will be the other tall. Reckon Marsh will get the 3rd tall gig before him, too.

Pretty good full back but you can only have one in the team.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Great report mate. Thanks
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Many thanks for the report Slick! Great to have someone knowledgeable there to keep us informed, we definitely owe you a beer or six!

Sounds very interesting, Very disappointed to heat Aish & Treloar not doing full training loads, hope that changes soon. Apart from the 3 new guys, I'm most interested in seeing how Marsh and Brayden go in 2016, I think these two kids could be the future Pendles and Swanny with a few more Pre's behind them. I think Marsh will be a mid in the future and Maynard a Forward/Mid. But then theres also the development of Darcy and Degoey to look forward to.

I absolutely expect a top 4 finish in 2016, which might sound a bit over hopeful, but we should remember we were in the top 4 hallway through the last 2 seasons. All we have to do is avoid the complete crash of 2014-15, and pray they were aberrations. A third such crash would surely see the end of Bucks, can't keep doing that! We have the cattle to do the same in the first half as we have the last two years, when we were two games off top spot after Rd.12, needing only 3 or 4 more in the second half to play finals, and 6 or 7 to make top 4.

Looking forward to more news Slick!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:41 pm

roar wrote:
^^ Wasn't last year and won't be this year. Brown has him edged out for the stopper role and Reid will be the other tall. Reckon Marsh will get the 3rd tall gig before him, too.

i remember also that he was one of our best players when we were winning early season too, then the second half we derailed with consecutive close loses and the return of reid and the gifted games to shazz i really think frosty was given some well earned rest after bucks knew we were cooked.
the lad played nearly two seasons without a missed game. it could of been fatigue that caught up with him as it did with the majority of the young lads playing last year.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:34 pm

is there any news on greenwood? has not been mentioned hardly all pre season.

or has he retired/delisted?
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:29 am

^^ there's not much that can be said about a guy such as greenwood I suppose considering his role in the team. he's not a goal kicker/forward, a breakaway outside running forward, space finding midfielder. he's a in and under grunt machine and opposition midfield stopper.
but if I recall he hasn't had an injury to report about and I think was top five in a resent time trial.

roar 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:17 am

simon tonna wrote:
roar wrote:

i remember also that he was one of our best players when we were winning early season too, then the second half we derailed with consecutive close loses and the return of reid and the gifted games to shazz i really think frosty was given some well earned rest after bucks knew we were cooked.
the lad played nearly two seasons without a missed game. it could of been fatigue that caught up with him as it did with the majority of the young lads playing last year.

Good point, but if Reid stays fit and in the back half, I can only see one of Frost or Brown (Marsh?) being the other KPD.

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Few extra points...

Frosty was looking bigger in the upper body and in good shape. I like him as well and I'd have him in the side vs teams with 3 big forwards, but he doesn't have the size of Reid or Brown - Height and reach. He just wouldn't suit the bigger bodied Franklin, Boyd, Patton, Daniher, Dixon, Hawkins etc types, so I think will be fighting it out with Marsh for the 3rd tall defender position.

On Greenwood, I was mightily impressed with his tagging role at the end of last year, and think he will start in the middle or coming off the bench. We didn't see him at full fitness last year, so he should be up for a big one. Think Caff is his back up, and may struggle to displace him, after his knee injury. Levi was there though, and doing the close in clearance work all session, which is the grunt work that I alluded to earlier. & as another poster pointed out, it's hard to stand out in this role. Lots of handballs fired out... which I mentioned looked v slick and organised.

I'll also add that it's v hard to monitor 40 odd players all at once, with multiple groups doing diff things, at diff ends of the ground. I'd love to watch all players individually, to get a feel for how all are travelling, but you're instead limited to eye catching things, often in the groups closest to you. Just a heads up to not get concerned if you don't hear anything about a certain player. The full match simulation (soon I hope) should provide more insights into how all are travelling...

Cheers guys
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:04 am

Awesome report, thanks, when you say early, what time do you mean?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:13 am

simon tonna wrote:
roar wrote:

Yep, this. And let's not forget that Frosty still hasn't notched that mystical 50 games. Still very green with lots of scope for improvement.
npalm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:40 am

^^ Agreed. We're blessed with quality key backs at the moment with Reid and Brown and the up-and-comers Frost and Marsh.
Depending on form and the opposition, I'd have Reid at CHB and Brownie at FB with Frost and Marsh fighting for the third tall back position.

I think we need to play Reid in the backline for now as I think he is the one most able to play the attacking\rebounding CHB position at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: