Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gun laws in USA??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Military semi auto's are good for 1 thing, killing/injuring a lot of people in a short time with minimal skill required.

Any hunter who needs on of those should be ashamed to call themselves a hunter, so there is zero need for civilians to have them

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Military semi auto's are good for 1 thing, killing/injuring a lot of people in a short time with minimal skill required.

Any hunter who needs on of those should be ashamed to call themselves a hunter, so there is zero need for civilians to have them

They're not for just hunting, they're for home defense and engaging in an insurgency against a tyrannical government if it ever becomes necessary.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:58 pm

For home defense, a short barreled shot gun loaded with SG's is far better, you aren't going to kill your neighbors with a missed shot

The tyrannical government thing is a joke TBH. I know it's the basis of the constitutional amendment, but it's still a joke. If a President went full on dictator, the populace would have zero chance against the military, AR15's or not.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
For home defense, a short barreled shot gun loaded with SG's is far better, you aren't going to kill your neighbors with a missed shot

The tyrannical government thing is a joke TBH. I know it's the basis of the constitutional amendment, but it's still a joke. If a President went full on dictator, the populace would have zero chance against the military, AR15's or not.

The USA hasn't been able to defeat insurgencies in Iraq or Afghanistan. Their army is not structured for asymmetrical warfare. Imagine a patrol through a town in bumfuck Alabama with a 90% firearm ownership, or through the Appalachian foothills in Kentucky, it'd be a slaughter. That's not even taking into consideration the troops that would join a rebellion.

They couldn't use their air or strategic missile assets in cities at all.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:28 pm

If they legitimately were a tyrannical government, and bumfuck Alabama was giving them grief, there's no reason why they wouldn't just plant a MOAB on the inbreds.

You assume a tyrannical government would play by the same rules as a normal one.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:45 pm

Wokko wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

They're not for just hunting, they're for home defense and engaging in an insurgency against a tyrannical government if it ever becomes necessary.

That’s just crazy talk.

This reasoning is why the rednecks wontgive up their gund, they would rather risk their kids at school. Sad

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:16 pm

https://local.theonion.com/man-with-20-rifles-can-t-remember-if-his-goal-to-start-1826236224

Quote:
Finding himself increasingly uncertain as to the purpose of his substantial cache of military-grade firearms, Billings resident Greg Carnes admitted Tuesday that he was unable to remember whether the 20 rifles he’d stockpiled were meant to aid in armed rebellion against the government or prevent the same. “I’m certain I got these guns for a patriotic purpose, and I know that I held strong feelings about that purpose at the time. I just wish I could remember exactly what it was,” said Carnes

Wink

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:09 pm

3.14159 wrote:
If you think Trump and hate crime are 2 separate issues think again! https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/22/trumps-rhetoric-does-inspire-more-hate-crimes/?utm_term=.4e81a847081e

A rebuttal:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/51507/remember-trump-rally-hate-crime-study-heres-what-ashe-schow
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am

a 'Back to school' video from the US....

https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/campaign

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 pm

That video is phucked.

back to school is depressing enough for kids, I can't process being a kid and thinking "brilliant, back to school where I have to worry about some whackjob deciding to shoot the joint up"

Crying or Very sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Yes, cruel but unfortunately necessary. Last year when I did the 365 day phot challenge, a lady posted a pic of her 6 year olds backpack, complete with bullet proof shield peak8ng out, they are taught to cover their heads with it - in preschool. They have active shooter practice regularly.

It’s awful to watch, but awful is needed, that high school in a Florida got a new ball rolling, and they need to keep momentum.

Be wonderful if one day they could take down the metal detectors at the school gates.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Another mass shooting in the US:

"...An hours-long shootout in Jersey City left six people dead, including one police officer, after two men fired at authorities Tuesday afternoon and began a gun battle that spanned several blocks and shut down a neighborhood, the city’s police chief said..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/12/10/jersey-city-shooting-officer-shot-schools-lockdown/

Ongoing investigation suggests gunmen deliberately attacked Jewish store in Jersey City;

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-jersey-kosher-supermarket-shooters-targeted-the-location-mayor-says/

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:11 pm

https://disrn.com/news/hunters-record-donations-feed-more-than-230000-in-michigan
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 pm

If they didn’t spend money on the kit and equipment, they could just give it straight to the poor.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 am

Not sure this is in the right thread. Hunting deer makes me feel physically ill, however its legal. I have a friend who hunts for food, she can’t afford to eat otherwise, (yes I know you can live without meat) I don’t comment on or put likes, dislikes or anything on her occasional hunting posts, but I have noticed her and her friends take pride from single shot kills. Surely less traumatic than a cow at an abattoir. Hunting for food is far different from hunting for trophies IMO. I wouldn’t do it, not a gun fan at all, at least the meat is feeding people.
I don’t get duck hunting, rabbit shooting, wild pig hunting, hunting kangaroos, any of it, but you can buy kangaroo meat at coles. Killing animals is not a sport. Should not be. I find this very conflicting to be honest.

Last night a wore a leather jacket, cow leather, is that any better than deer leather? Did that cow donate his skin? Hardly. Who doesn’t own at least one thing made of leather?

Animal cruelty is equal to child abuse on my scale off things I hate the most. But I’m not a vegetarian. And I love my leather jackets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 37 of 48   

Jump to: