Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training Report No.2 (2015/16)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neil.
Great informative stuff.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:00 am

Any word on how Rupert Wills trained?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:28 am

I'm not sure if he was present yesterday Rick. He may have been, but I didn't notice him. Marley Williams wasn't on the track.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 am

Great report. I really look forward to these, particularly at this time of the year when things are quiet. Glad to hear the footy's are out.

Let's hope they can work on making our forward line more functional. It worked well early in the season but fell away horribly in the second half.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:18 am

Thanks Neil.

I guess it is realistic to expect that Sier will have a year developing in the VFL, which is certainly not such a bad thing for him at this young stage.

MagpieAnge 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:24 am
Post subject: Re: Training Report No.2 (2015/16)Reply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:

After the meeting Smith and Phillips appear carrying plenty of ice on their legs. My off-sider had noted Smith pull up sore earlier and now he appears with his right hamstring iced. He appears to be favouring the leg too. Maybe he went too hard in the time trial. Tom Phillips has both calves iced.

Welcome to Collingwood you new recruits. If you get any preseason work in at all, you'll be bucking a depressing trend!

Hopefully the ice is just for recovery purposes!
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:38 am

excellent post Neil Cool
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Training Report No.2 (2015/16)Reply with quote

[quote="Neil Appleby" ]The players started to appear at the same time as brekkie, but no problems, I sat on a stool with the bi-fold windows open looking directly over the ground. [/quote]

I have to get to this oasis you describe!!
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Thanks as always Neil. Hope to make a training run or two in the pre-season myself at some stage.

Sier was dropped by the Northern Knights because of his weight/fitness. Any suggestion that he has been hidden by Collingwood is ludicrous I think. Still, I back Hine in but it seems unlikely he gets game time in the seniors this year. He's young and a long way back in his fitness levels.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Hopefully he realises how much work is needed getting dropped by Northern Knights is not a promising sign.
It may have been the kick in the arse some players need

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Thanks as always Neil. Hope to make a training run or two in the pre-season myself at some stage.

Sier was dropped by the Northern Knights because of his weight/fitness. Any suggestion that he has been hidden by Collingwood is ludicrous I think. Still, I back Hine in but it seems unlikely he gets game time in the seniors this year. He's young and a long way back in his fitness levels.

Geez give him a fair go you lot of nitpicking scallywags! Pre season training has only just started FFS!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Thanks for the report Neil! Absolutely brilliant analysis of training!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Albert Parker wrote:

Yes but they obviously appreciated the kid had potential as they continued to monitor him and unless I'm mistaken ultimately got back to play a couple of games. I think that's how the timeline played out anyway.

And speaking of time, if he plays any game time this year for the Pies at any level I want access to your time machine, can't believe you've been holding out on all of us!
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:42 am

Lazza wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:

Geez give him a fair go you lot of nitpicking scallywags! Pre season training has only just started FFS!

Not nitpicking just stating on the young mans introduction to serious footy. Personally I'm glad to hear all about it no matter what.
Anyhoo, since Sinclair has joined the club has he ever had a preseason without missing a session or two or ten. I can't recall one.🤕

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Great report, especially for us Northerners unable to get to training and see them go.

I'm sure someone posted elsewhere about Sier being drafted in lieu of a 1st round pick next year. As a bottom ager, getting a year into the system of a professional program. If you throw him back in the draft pool, where would he pop up? Rhetorical question, but from the sounds of him on the track, you'd think it'd be in the 1st round. Great forethought and a good way to look at it (whoever it was that originally posted this thought).

Being up North, starved of footy as we can be, I admit I have made my way to a couple Lions training sessions and games not involving Collingwood (my wife used to work for them and still has some 'friends' there much to my dismay - I did convert her though and made sure she wore a pair of Collingwood nickers under the wedding dress, but that's another story entirely). Anyway, the point I was wanting to make was that I've seen Aish go up here and always thought the kid was special. The way he moves oozes class and his disposal, under pressure or not, is exemplary. All last season I had a hunch he would be at the Pies as he didn't play a lot for the Lions. Yes, he had some niggles, and yes he played in the NEAFL, but on form, if you thought he was staying, you put him straight into that crap side. Pretty sure the Lions knew he was going so didn't want to put anything more into him. The guy is a gun and if we get him delivering it into forward 50, by seasons end, Cloke, Moore, et al will be wanting to buy him several drinks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: