Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Contract Status of the Collingwood List

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woods_the_best Taurus

AFL Premiers 2010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:23 am
Post subject: Contract Status of the Collingwood ListReply with quote

Attached is the contract status of all Collingwood players following the AFL draft.

We have 39 on our primary list right now + Gault as a rookie (Cat A). WE have committed to Keeffe + Thomas so we have 2 picks in the RD draft tomorrow.

One of those most likely will go to Golds (GWS) leaving one free.

Pies Contracts Status - Nov 24 2015.pdf
 Description:
Pies contract status

Download
 Filename:  Pies Contracts Status - Nov 24 2015.pdf
 Filesize:  98.81 KB
 Downloaded:  440 Time(s)

themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:39 am
Post subject: Re: Contract Status of the Collingwood ListReply with quote

woods_the_best wrote:
Attached is the contract status of all Collingwood players following the AFL draft.

We have 39 on our primary list right now + Gault as a rookie (Cat A). WE have committed to Keeffe + Thomas so we have 2 picks in the RD draft tomorrow.

So Cloke has another 2 years Rolling Eyes

I've watched some of the 2010's games on Foxtel, his kicking has really been terrible for a long long time.

I don't see anyone on the list that will want to leave next year, although the quicker we tie up Steele the better for all.
woods_the_best Taurus

AFL Premiers 2010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:54 am

themonk wrote:
woods_the_best wrote:

I've watched some of the 2010's games on Foxtel, his kicking has really been terrible for a long long time.

I don't see anyone on the list that will want to leave next year, although the quicker we tie up Steele the better for all.

My guess is White, Blair & Fasolo might need very good years otherwise my get the de-listing letter early in Oct of '16

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:30 pm

woods_the_best wrote:
My guess is White, Blair & Fasolo might need very good years otherwise my get the de-listing letter early in Oct of '16

Onus is on the emerging kids to take the spots of these players. Doubt they'll just hand them over without a fight. For example, it might come down to a choice of Gault or White, meaning Gault will need to show he can impact at senior level to oust White. A Broomhead or Aish or Crocker will need to usurp Blair or Fasolo. I think we'll know come round 23 in 2016.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:14 pm

woods_the_best wrote:
themonk wrote:
woods_the_best wrote:

I'd also include Macaffer if he cannot find a way back into the senior team on a regular basis.

Thanks for creating a document! Smile

feKKo 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT:
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly the objective is to get Sidey signed up quickly. Plenty of teams will be having a sniff there. Essendon in particular.

From the Free Agents:

Brown will extend his stay. The club has looked after him and he's a well liked figure around the club. I can't see too many teams asking the question, but I guess it's possible that someone might try to pry a youngish (26) premiership defender.

Swan will remain a Pie until retirement. Im hopeful that he'll be here for at least 2 more seasons. We'll miss him when he's gone.

Toovey. An older player now. Will be 29 in March. I'd expect him to retire as a Magpie. Which could only be a season or two away. I don't know if WCE or Freo would try for him now, but a season or two in his home state could appeal to Toovs. If he was to leave, I think we wouldn't feel the hit to hard at all. I love Toovs, but the reality is, it wouldn't be a high priority to the club. I'd prob expect a one year deal later in the year.

Sidebottom like I said is the #1 priority. I wouldn't like a season of speculation asking will he/won't he. That'd be horrible. Offer him what he deserves and hope Essendon don't try to get in his ear.

MacAffer, as we know, has had a tough time with the knee injuries. Its hard to see him get his spot back and I don't think anyone's going to be throwing deals at him. He's well liked around the club and I hope he can do enough in '16 to see him get another 1 year offer.

From the guys that could have the "go home" factor:

Witts (NSW). I think he'd prefer to stay after stating he wouldn't like a trade to GWS. I'd expect him to extend his deal early. It's a little troubling that the Pies were willing to move him, but from what i heard, he stopped the chances of a trade early.

Williams (WA). I'd suspect that playing in W.A. wouldn't be much of a priority. I think he's in, if not very close, to our best 22. I'd expect the Pies to get him signed up for another 2 years early on.

Fasolo (WA). Could be looking to head home? He's been a bit all over the place. We've seen some great things and we've seen some poor things from Fas. However, I do think both W.A. clubs would take a peak. If he isn't signed, I'd expect an offer or small trade from Perth.

Broomhead (SA). A slight worry. We haven't seen what he can really do. We know he's fast, but we need to see how he can really impact a match. We know he is chummy with the other S.A. lads, so that would help keep him around. I think the club will have an offer infront of him soon.

From the others:

Adams just got here didn't he? Expect an extension early.

White wouldn't be in high demand around the league, you'd think anyway. But I can see a one, possibly two year offer. Like it or not, he's a handy depth player as he can plug a hole in a few positions.

Blair, who knows. He's certainly become the whipping boy around here. I can't see many other teams asking the question. He'll have his work cut out for him in 2016 to earn an extension.

Frost will be here for a while. Another I'd expect to have signed up quickly. Other teams will try to nab him until the dotted line is signed.

Goodyear, see Broomhead.

Gault. I've been hoping to see him impact a game. He has some injury worries last season. He has the size and can move, but he hasn't had the chance to show us what he can do. I thought he might have been a chance to be elevated now that Scharenberg is out. Honestly, he could be the answer to our chf position. I feel like his chances are running out tho.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: