Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it just me or does Sier look damn exciting?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Is it just me or does Sier look damn exciting?Reply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I know nothing about this kid, other than what is on the club website, but Sier seems to be an incredibly powerful built player for a 17 yr old, and with seeming bursting speed through packs.

I realise that most players' highlights packages look good, but I was mightily impressed by what I saw. Tell me I'm dreamin', but this kid looks an incredibly exciting package. Power, grunt, skill and mongrel. That's a pretty fine set of attributes.

Need to get his tank up to scratch, something Just doesn't add up with this pick IMO, time will tell/

Adds up very easily. Players later in the draft will always have a significant weakness. Taking a young player with one which is easily fixed is a very sensible move, especially as this kid has the talent to be very good.

Instead of picking a player we know will be decent (we have enough) we went for a player we reckon could be worthy of a first rounder if all goes well. More risk but greater reward. With no first rounder this year or next, trying for a top talent with a later pick is a great move, even if the chance of getting it wrong is higher.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

matrix10 wrote:
it's absolutely absurd to call this kid fat.

he is a healthy young bloke who obviously has a family that actually cares about bringing up a well-adjusted son(was tempted to write well rounded!).

a teenager should not be counting bloody calories.

I like the kid- and it's nice to see someone who obviously has the talent and is keen to put in the work.

Sick of these athlete health freaks with zero personality who cannot kick and have no game sense.

If you want to watch Aussie Rules played by footballers who are non-athletes then don't go to AFL matches. VFL football or amateur football may be more your scene. AFL footballers spend half their time in the gym and watching their diets. Those who don't have very short AFL careers.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:03 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
matrix10 wrote:

he is a healthy young bloke who obviously has a family that actually cares about bringing up a well-adjusted son(was tempted to write well rounded!).

I like the kid- and it's nice to see someone who obviously has the talent and is keen to put in the work.

Sick of these athlete health freaks with zero personality who cannot kick and have no game sense.

If you want to watch Aussie Rules played by footballers who are non-athletes then don't go to AFL matches. VFL football or amateur football may be more your scene. AFL footballers spend half their time in the gym and watching their diets. Those who don't have very short AFL careers.

Yeah, that was clearly the point he was trying to make....
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:19 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
matrix10 wrote:

That's not even close to what he was saying...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:07 pm
Post subject: Re: Is it just me or does Sier look damn exciting?Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I know nothing about this kid, other than what is on the club website, but Sier seems to be an incredibly powerful built player for a 17 yr old, and with seeming bursting speed through packs.

I realise that most players' highlights packages look good, but I was mightily impressed by what I saw. Tell me I'm dreamin', but this kid looks an incredibly exciting package. Power, grunt, skill and mongrel. That's a pretty fine set of attributes.

Need to get his tank up to scratch, something Just doesn't add up with this pick IMO, time will tell/

Adds up very easily. Players later in the draft will always have a significant weakness. Taking a young player with one which is easily fixed is a very sensible move, especially as this kid has the talent to be very good.

Instead of picking a player we know will be decent (we have enough) we went for a player we reckon could be worthy of a first rounder if all goes well. More risk but greater reward. With no first rounder this year or next, trying for a top talent with a later pick is a great move, even if the chance of getting it wrong is higher.

Agree - With no 1st Rounders for 2 Drafts we drafted a Kid who is not a High End Talent now but could be Develpoed into one.

We have no excess to the High End Young Talent until the 2017 Draft so why not try and hit a Home Run.

He is a High Risk High Reward kind of Pick

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Am I the only 1 who think he is a Boom or Bust Prospect?

Either he be a Absolute Gun or be a Total Fail and No Middle Grown

rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Agree, high risk, high return pick; he's got a lot of wonderful attributes but he is very raw.

He has great size, power, speed and movement, he could be an unstoppable beast in the midfield. However, he has not been in an elite program and is very young and he may just not development as we think and hope he will.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Cometh 'The Mes' ~ Sier Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: