Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it just me or does Sier look damn exciting?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Im still of the belief that he is a first round selection next year.

He nominated for the draft for a reason, clubs were into him.

He was asked to play a full year of TAC cup next year and if he stuck to task on fitness requirements by all accounts would have starred.

I dont expect anything of him next year other than development and fitness.

IF he comes last in next years pre-season time trial I say we have problems.

As to his weight issues as a junior - I look at where Mumford was to where he is now.

A another example is Kyrgios. Attitude aside, he is a world class player who certainly struggled with fitness early days.

Grundy finished close to last every year in the Time Trial but Plays very well

Grundy is over 200cm tall and weighs over 100kgs.

Yup and Grundy isn't expect to run, Cary and link up through the midfield.
However as I've said, he has plenty of time. I think he is next years top 10 pick getting a head start.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Im still of the belief that he is a first round selection next year.

He nominated for the draft for a reason, clubs were into him.

He was asked to play a full year of TAC cup next year and if he stuck to task on fitness requirements by all accounts would have starred.

I dont expect anything of him next year other than development and fitness.

IF he comes last in next years pre-season time trial I say we have problems.

As to his weight issues as a junior - I look at where Mumford was to where he is now.

Your logic is similar to Dave. You should do a bit with him.

A another example is Kyrgios. Attitude aside, he is a world class player who certainly struggled with fitness early days.

Grundy finished close to last every year in the Time Trial but Plays very well

Grundy is over 200cm tall and weighs over 100kgs.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:25 pm

dalyc wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Came stone motherless in the time trial.

And a 17 year old kid with next to zero exposure to elite junior training regimes and openly acknowledged by the club as coming from a long way back should perform how exactly?

I didn't post an opinion Numb Nuts.

Just point me to where I said you did! True to form, snide personal attacks to posters who pose legitimate questions of you.

You are a precious little Petal aren't you? If you want me to answer the question I will, not last would preferable for a player we drafted as a future mid would be my answer, he's starting from an absolute miles behind and don't believe this "no elite training BS", I'd say a more feasible answer is the kids lazy, time will tell. (And I don't have an opinion on him yet)

You're aware that there was another tall midfielder taken a couple of years ago who was a pudgy kid who came last in the time trial at draft camp, right? Time trials mean very little at the start of a players career. It's how hard they work after they're drafted that counts.

I don't recognise this kid.

That's because he looks like this now:

image.jpeg

Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'd say the kid is 17.

Thing is though he was dumped from an elite junior squad (14s or 16s) for lack of fitness iirc, alarm bells are ringing.

Pfft. Hahaha. Alarm bells? For what, an unfit 14 year old who maybe didn't apply himself? A kid 3-4 years out of PRIMARY SCHOOLmight have been unfit? Might not have wanted to give up Macca's or train as hard as he could've when he was a teenager? Yeah, sound the alarm bells.

Let me see, the kid is cut from the Knights u15 comp due to fitness levels, he fronts up to Collingwood 3 years later and get lapped in the time trial, so mate, he's still unfit now, after years of knowing he had to improve in that area, no Bell's here!

Now you're taking the piss. Neil's report said the kid came second last to Marsh. His time wasn't stellar, but you're exaggerating this to the extreme and it's not helping your case. as I've already pointed out, Cripps was just as unfit, possibly more than Sier when he got drafted. Provided Brayden puts in the work required, I see no reason why he can't improve himself considerably over the preseason. Our recruiters obviously feel that he can, and will have the drive to do so, otherwise they wouldn't have selected him over other more highly fancied prospects.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Something doesn't add up here, but I like the that, I like that!!!

Bucks hates bludgers, always has, and no freaking way he'd allow Hine and co to draft the kid with his history without reason, interesting times ahead.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:57 am
Post subject: Re: Is it just me or does Sier look damn exciting?Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I know nothing about this kid, other than what is on the club website, but Sier seems to be an incredibly powerful built player for a 17 yr old, and with seeming bursting speed through packs.

I realise that most players' highlights packages look good, but I was mightily impressed by what I saw. Tell me I'm dreamin', but this kid looks an incredibly exciting package. Power, grunt, skill and mongrel. That's a pretty fine set of attributes.

Need to get his tank up to scratch, something Just doesn't add up with this pick IMO, time will tell/

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:36 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
I'm not overly fussed though, I'm happy to back Hines judgement, and it's not like we used a prize pick to get him, but, he will look a bit silly if he turns out to be a bust.

And if he ends up being a gun, you will just look yourself really..... Rolling Eyes

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:50 am
Post subject: Re: Is it just me or does Sier look damn exciting?Reply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I know nothing about this kid, other than what is on the club website, but Sier seems to be an incredibly powerful built player for a 17 yr old, and with seeming bursting speed through packs.

I realise that most players' highlights packages look good, but I was mightily impressed by what I saw. Tell me I'm dreamin', but this kid looks an incredibly exciting package. Power, grunt, skill and mongrel. That's a pretty fine set of attributes.

Need to get his tank up to scratch, something Just doesn't add up with this pick IMO, time will tell/

I have it on very good authority that the planning to grab Sier started 3 years ago. First step was to get Balme from the Cats. Second step was for Sier to replicate Balme's caloric intake which worked a treat and got him kicked out of the U16's program and made the other clubs question his committment. 3rd step recruit him at a bargain pick and start him on the Buckley diet.

Well done Balme. Well done Pies.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Best he stays fat. Training can only injure you Sad
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Read somewhere one of his school buddies has outed him as a smoker, hard to believe a kid who wants a footy career would even try it in this day and age.

That aside, he is a very big lad and he has not be apart of the elite development pathways so cut him some slack and let's see if he can get into some shape, get a taste of it at VFL level and then come back next preseason cut, ripped and ready to make a name for himself.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:09 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Best he stays fat. Training can only injure you Sad

I sense a personal anecdote in that.

C'mon big fella, spill. Razz

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:42 pm

2 strained hammies in a month going 8 kmh on the treadmill Embarassed
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Wink

I've scaled back my exercise routine to light weights (375g) and lots of repetitions. Wink Cool

matrix10 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:44 pm

it's absolutely absurd to call this kid fat.

he is a healthy young bloke who obviously has a family that actually cares about bringing up a well-adjusted son(was tempted to write well rounded!).

a teenager should not be counting bloody calories.

I like the kid- and it's nice to see someone who obviously has the talent and is keen to put in the work.

Sick of these athlete health freaks with zero personality who cannot kick and have no game sense.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:24 pm

Nathan G Brown rocked up to training first day at WB, hardly able to complete a lap of the tan, and unable to do more than one pull up.

I'm hoping that if he can pick up 40 possies and 4 majors in a school final with poor fitness, then with another two years in a professional system, he will be ready to make an strong impact at AFL level...

or maybe he'll always struggle for fitness. time will tell...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: