Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it just me or does Sier look damn exciting?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Came stone motherless in the time trial.

And a 17 year old kid with next to zero exposure to elite junior training regimes and openly acknowledged by the club as coming from a long way back should perform how exactly?

I didn't post an opinion Numb Nuts.

Just point me to where I said you did! True to form, snide personal attacks to posters who pose legitimate questions of you.

You are a precious little Petal aren't you? If you want me to answer the question I will, not last would preferable for a player we drafted as a future mid would be my answer, he's starting from an absolute miles behind and don't believe this "no elite training BS", I'd say a more feasible answer is the kids lazy, time will tell. (And I don't have an opinion on him yet)

So making observations makes me precious... oh dear me! For a man without an opinion you seem to be trolling for as much negativity as you can find but if that's what floats your boat. I'll just go back to ignoring the vast majority of your posts.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

And a 17 year old kid with next to zero exposure to elite junior training regimes and openly acknowledged by the club as coming from a long way back should perform how exactly?

Just point me to where I said you did! True to form, snide personal attacks to posters who pose legitimate questions of you.

You are a precious little Petal aren't you? If you want me to answer the question I will, not last would preferable for a player we drafted as a future mid would be my answer, he's starting from an absolute miles behind and don't believe this "no elite training BS", I'd say a more feasible answer is the kids lazy, time will tell. (And I don't have an opinion on him yet)

You're aware that there was another tall midfielder taken a couple of years ago who was a pudgy kid who came last in the time trial at draft camp, right? Time trials mean very little at the start of a players career. It's how hard they work after they're drafted that counts.

image.jpg

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Im still of the belief that he is a first round selection next year.

He nominated for the draft for a reason, clubs were into him.

He was asked to play a full year of TAC cup next year and if he stuck to task on fitness requirements by all accounts would have starred.

I dont expect anything of him next year other than development and fitness.

IF he comes last in next years pre-season time trial I say we have problems.

As to his weight issues as a junior - I look at where Mumford was to where he is now.

A another example is Kyrgios. Attitude aside, he is a world class player who certainly struggled with fitness early days.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:51 pm

MJ23 wrote:

He was asked to play a full year of TAC cup next year and if he stuck to task on fitness requirements by all accounts would have starred.

As to his weight issues as a junior - I look at where Mumford was to where he is now.

A another example is Kyrgios. Attitude aside, he is a world class player who certainly struggled with fitness early days.

Grundy finished close to last every year in the Time Trial but Plays very well

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Stupied wrote:
You're aware that there was another tall midfielder taken a couple of years ago who was a pudgy kid who came last in the time trial at draft camp, right? Time trials mean very little at the start of a players career. It's how hard they work after they're drafted that counts.

Expecting perfect logic from an eternally negative poster? Wow Shocked

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Lazza wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

You call him lazy but yet you don't have an opinion on him? Are you for real or just being silly?

You can give it out in spades but cant take it without getting all defensive and wimpy!! You should be in the Aussie cricket team..... Twisted Evil Razz

I didn't say he was lazy, learn to read.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'd say the kid is 17.

Thing is though he was dumped from an elite junior squad (14s or 16s) for lack of fitness iirc, alarm bells are ringing.

Pfft. Hahaha. Alarm bells? For what, an unfit 14 year old who maybe didn't apply himself? A kid 3-4 years out of PRIMARY SCHOOLmight have been unfit? Might not have wanted to give up Macca's or train as hard as he could've when he was a teenager? Yeah, sound the alarm bells.

Let me see, the kid is cut from the Knights u15 comp due to fitness levels, he fronts up to Collingwood 3 years later and get lapped in the time trial, so mate, he's still unfit now, after years of knowing he had to improve in that area, no Bell's here!

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:38 pm

How do you pronounce the kid's name?Is it Seer?Sir?Sire?Share?Cher? Confused
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:43 pm

It depends on the setting.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Expecting perfect logic from an eternally negative poster? Wow Shocked

Logic? For every one example he gives of unfit players becoming stars I'll give 1000 examples of those who don't make it, look up "logic"

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm not overly fussed though, I'm happy to back Hines judgement, and it's not like we used a prize pick to get him, but, he will look a bit silly if he turns out to be a bust.

You like this.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Stupied wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

I don't recognise this kid.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Pfft. Hahaha. Alarm bells? For what, an unfit 14 year old who maybe didn't apply himself? A kid 3-4 years out of PRIMARY SCHOOLmight have been unfit? Might not have wanted to give up Macca's or train as hard as he could've when he was a teenager? Yeah, sound the alarm bells.

Yeah I know, such is life when dealing with everyone's right to an opinion dude!! We need to necessarily suffer fools in the name of free speech. Rolling Eyes

As the troll lures his prey!!

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Grundy finished close to last every year in the Time Trial but Plays very well

Grundy is over 200cm tall and weighs over 100kgs.

You like this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:51 pm

dalyc wrote:

I don't recognise this kid.

Patrick Cripps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: