Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How will we go in 2016?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How will we go next year?
1-2
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
3-4
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
5-6
35%
 35%  [ 29 ]
7-8
30%
 30%  [ 25 ]
9-10
10%
 10%  [ 9 ]
11-12
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
13-18
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 82

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose 5-6 on the basis that last year we lost 6 or 7 games by under 2 goals and 4 of those we should have won and been in the 8.
I think players like Moore Maynard DeGoey Crisp Reid Adams will be better by 5-10% each. I reckon Pendles and Cloke played busted for a while last season and hopefully will get back to there best.
Sidey & Varcoe can be left to create on the outside were there at there most dangerous.
Add Howe Treloar & Aish and we have added depth and the first 2 give us more goal scoring power.
Grundy will be better as well and Witts might come into his own now with limited interchange.
We showed last year our best was as good as the top sides now it's a matter of confidence and a bit more experience
If the planets align top 4 if there off 5-10% 5-8 if they get hit by a meteor lord knows
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:04 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Good to see expectations are a little more realistic this year. I for one think we'll just miss, or just make the finals. It won't be a fail if we miss, as long as we see consistency from the players, and a solid game plan from the box.

Well-said! This echoes my thoughts entirely.

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:39 am

I'm surprised that no one has answered in reference to the rest of the competition. I'm happy with our trading, and dont think any of our draft picks will get much of a run.

Remain in top 8 from 2015:
Freo: experienced, minor prem, Brownlow medalist, added: Bennell and Shane Yarran.
Eagles: that ruck and forward line combo. 2 AA's in the midfield.
Hawks: going for 4 straight, will compete.
Swans: Struggled in finals but without Jack / Franklin. Added another Academy Player, Sinclair ruck.
Richmond: solid spine: Rance, Maric, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin.
Bulldogs: get Liberatore back to add to an exciting midfield.

That leaves only two spots for Port, Geelong, Gold Coast, Adelaide and hopefully us. Gonna be a competitive top 10.

----------
------------
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:13 am

We'll definitely make the 8 and could finish anywhere in that group. I've gone out on a limb and selected us finishing 3-4 (though I would have selected 2-3 if that option was there). I realise a more probable finish is 5-8, but I sense we are way more advanced than many people think. The inclusions of Treloar, Aish, Howe and the expected improvement from Grundy, Witts, Moore, De Goey, Langdon, Maynard, Adams, Elliott, Broomhead and Greenwood, plus a fit and firing Reid and Cloke, should see us become a genuine contender in 2016.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Lazza wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Good to see expectations are a little more realistic this year. I for one think we'll just miss, or just make the finals. It won't be a fail if we miss, as long as we see consistency from the players, and a solid game plan from the box.

Funny that! Last year I predicted that Collingwood would miss out on the finals and I was in the vast minority. This time I predict that Collingwood will make the finals next year and I feel that I'm still among the minority!!!

Yep, I think most were realistic. I had 5-10 depending upon how things played out.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Lazza wrote:
35forever wrote:
Just quietly I did predict that we'd be out of finals by 2014 back in late 2011(for obvious reasons). But I never dreamed that the prediction would come true AND no one would care!!!!

Good on you 35. Yeah I was given a hard time by Jackcass for last year's final missing prediction so I'm way too scared to provoke him again!!

Sook. I didn't flame you for predicting we'd miss finals, I flamed you for totally discounting the potential of reaching finals if things went well. Any 2 of the Hawks, Freo, Richmond, Essendon, Sydney or Port games go the other way and we would have.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
When considering that nearly 90% of those that have voted so far have us in the 8, it would be disastrous for both Bucks and the club if we miss out.

A second half fade out in 2016 would mean the beginning of the end you would think.

Doubt it will be that black and white (no pun intended). I for 1 will judge the merits or otherwise of the season on how it transpires and what overall improvements are evident.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We'll definitely make the 8 and could finish anywhere in that group. I've gone out on a limb and selected us finishing 3-4 (though I would have selected 2-3 if that option was there). I realise a more probable finish is 5-8, but I sense we are way more advanced than many people think. The inclusions of Treloar, Aish, Howe and the expected improvement from Grundy, Witts, Moore, De Goey, Langdon, Maynard, Adams, Elliott, Broomhead and Greenwood, plus a fit and firing Reid and Cloke, should see us become a genuine contender in 2016.

Hard to argue with any of that although I am a little more conservative with my predictions. Was 5-10 this season and thinking 4-8 in 2016.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:57 pm

jackcass wrote:
Yep, I think most were realistic. I had 5-10 depending upon how things played out.

Well in that context, we were both right in our predictions last year of a possibility of an outside top 8 finish. Given that now we both predict a top 8 finish, I hope we repeat our success in 2016.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:52 pm

mackasmatt wrote:
I'm surprised that no one has answered in reference to the rest of the competition. I'm happy with our trading, and dont think any of our draft picks will get much of a run.

Remain in top 8 from 2015:
Freo: experienced, minor prem, Brownlow medalist, added: Bennell and Shane Yarran. - But look vulnerable with an aging list Barlows Pavlich have had it,McPharlin, Crowley will be a big losses
Eagles: that ruck and forward line combo. 2 AA's in the midfield - Agree but their game plan will get worked out in 2016
Hawks: going for 4 straight, will compete - Agree
Swans: Struggled in finals but without Jack / Franklin. Added another Academy Player, Sinclair ruck - Aging list loss of outside run Jetta cant be underestimated, do they have the game plan?
Richmond: solid spine: Rance, Maric, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin - If Martin,Cotchin and Deledio keep getting stage fright in big games they are cooked
Bulldogs: get Liberatore back to add to an exciting midfield - Agree, but can this young group back - up?

That leaves only two spots for Port, Geelong, Gold Coast, Adelaide and hopefully us. Gonna be a competitive top 10 - I feel our recruiting has bridged the talent gap with these and the natural improvement of our list means we will be super competitve. GEEL may be saved by their HUGE HOME GRD advantage. Apart from Danger I think their recruiting has been over rated and squad is still dramatically short of replacing the quality they have lost, and the high quality remaining are well past their best eg Bartels.

Last edited by ThePieMind on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:34 pm

I admire those who have us finishing top 4 but I think that's too optimistic considering we've haven't played finals football since 2013. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but we'd have to see significant improvement from the playing squad and decline in other teams from last year for this to transpire.

Only 14% of those who have voted in the poll don't think we're going to play finals so clearly there's an expectation of playing finals. I had us finishing between 6 to 10 so ultimately I voted 7-8 on the poll but I feel cautiously optimistic rather than feeling a sense of certainty that finals is a foregone conclusion.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Remember in 1977 we went from 12th (wooden spooners) to 1st (Grand finalist).
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Ladder jumps of that nature are infrequent but not unheard of so I'm willing to concede that.

One thing to note is that Collingwood's 1976 season team was one of the best wooden spoon teams ever recording six wins that year and a new coach in Tom Hafey was later installed from 1977 who was regarded by many as being ahead of his time as a coach.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:21 pm
Post subject: Re: How will we go in 2016?Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
I'm Perth magpies daughter. I am 11 tomorrow. I went to to see Collingwood a few times this year. My first game was against North. How do you think we will go next year?

Happy birthday chook!
I hereby declare you our good-luck-charm, and insist you attend even more games in 2016.
With you there at the games, I am confident we will win more than we lose.

And I think your dad should get you a pony for your birthday.
If you are in Yarrawonga, you have plenty of land for one. No excuses, dad.

Failing that, then a puppy is in order.

See, that's the sort of generous people we are here on Nicks. Very Happy

Drum set, gotta be q drum set!

Happy birthday sweetie and welcome

4-7 for me

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:08 pm

I had us 9th to 12th last year and have us 7th or 8th next year.

MackasMatt makes a good point about having to factor in how the other lists are likely to change. For mine, the top 8 are pretty much at or near their peak. We, on the other hand, are rising, have a lot of upside and have added some serious quality to our 22. We should be making up ground on the leaders.

I've bee pretty happy to see Bucks stay on to develop a list capable of sustained success but will probably look at joining the baying hoard if we miss finals this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: