Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Muslim immigration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan's intolerance of foreigners certainly hasn't assisted its political standing in the region and is probably only going to bring it further into conflict with China as the latter becomes more dominant. The world is changing, and the future doesn't look good for homogenous nations.

New economies are going to require a large amount of flexible communication, movement and awareness of diverse cultures. Racist and culturally/ethnically homogenous societies are going to be at a disadvantage in that milieu. You may have a point that the two things aren't wholly related, but I think you used a pretty poor example with Japan.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Australia is hardly an homogenous nation anymore, with the european migration of the 50's and 60's and the more recent influx of Chinese and Indians and that's not even counting the refugees.

We want to bring in migrants that will assimilate while adding their cultural diversity to the mix. That way everyone benefits. You don't want migrants who want this country to be like where they came from or who come in such numbers that they make everyone else change to accommodate them with no meeting half way.

The first generation born here is the test.

The European migrants get a big tick and the Indians and Chinese in the main look like getting one too.

Muslims are not a homogenous group either. They come from many different countries, cultures and varieties of the religion. What they have in common is their religion and the risk of radicalisation which has been played out all over the world.

Bring in Muslims in small manageable chunks, disperse them round the country to encourage assimilation and monitor how it works.

Just flinging the doors open is, as has been discussed before, utterly fkn retarded.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:03 pm

David wrote:
I think, as a rule, "should have listened to" and "mouth-frothing crusaders" do not belong in the same sentence.

Skids, you're entitled to your hatred of Islam, but you're dealing with 1.6 billion people across six continents who are unlikely to abandon their faith just because you and a few other angry Westerners don't like it.

You have two ways of dealing with this fact: 1) lobby for our government to become a North Korea-esque hermit kingdom with little to no economic or diplomatic relations with the outside world, and hope that nobody else gets in; or 2) accept that the world is a diverse place and that we share a mutual dependence with people that we may not see eye to eye on everything with. The latter requires not just tolerance, but a bit of an understanding of how those people think, and, perhaps, recognition that 99.95% of Muslims aren't Kalashnikov-wielding lunatics.

The White Australia Policy is over. We can't keep the scary foreigners out any more, not if we want to participate meaningfully in the globalised market. It's time to get with that picture or go and find a cave somewhere.

Firstly, David, fair play to you for standing under a firestorm on this and remaining polite and reasonable.

Secondly, sorry to add another lick of flame, but there really is no connection between the White Australia policy and this issue. I see noone wanting to keep Chinese, Thai, Indians, Africans or anyone else out on grounds of their colour. There is a problem with Islam, and you can manage and control Islamic immigration as long as you are not absolutist in your postmodern leftism or cowed by the spurious charge of racism so beloved of left-leaning cultural critics who want us changed.

You also do not need to import hundreds of thousands or even thousands of Mulsims "to compete in that global market." It's simply not true.

Right across the world, Islamist movements are trying to start a war by indisciminately killing people because of what they are and where they live, not what they do. It is sad that the great majority of decent muslims must bear some consequences of that, but the world is as it is. I do not want my children murdered for eating in a cafe or going to a concert and I will make choices to prevent it. I think that Islam in our society is demonstrably one of the more likely causes of that, right now.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:30 am

Can a civilization whose population is on the verge of decline fill its demographic void by taking in hundreds of thousands of culturally incompatible people from elsewhere and still maintain its own unique culture and identity?

The answer, of course, is no. And no, that isn't some kind of Islamophobic hate fantasy. It's simple reality.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/091115-770715-europe-struggles-to-maintain-identity-as-muslim-population-soars.htm

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:47 am

Just what we need, another split off Muslim thread

see David, the spread of Islam is insidious Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:00 am

^^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:12 am

I gotta say, at this rate we're going to have to rename it the Victoria Park Kasbah...
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 am

Do you often use a computer there?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Skids wrote:
Can a civilization whose population is on the verge of decline fill its demographic void by taking in hundreds of thousands of culturally incompatible people from elsewhere and still maintain its own unique culture and identity?

The answer, of course, is no. And no, that isn't some kind of Islamophobic hate fantasy. It's simple reality.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/091115-770715-europe-struggles-to-maintain-identity-as-muslim-population-soars.htm

It's called Genocide.

"Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be the disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups."
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Just don't take any irrational sky fairy immigrants of any flavour. We don't need 'em. Tell 'em to grow a brain first, then apply.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:26 am

^ if we find some that have grown a brain, perhaps we could, um, do an exchange with some Australians.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:53 am

US politicians vote to ban entry to the country for Syrian refugees

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12006741/US-politicians-vote-to-ban-entry-to-the-country-for-Syrian-refugees.html

Malcolm??!!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 am

Terribly sad news. The politics of fear and hate have clearly captured one side of politics over there.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:50 am

David wrote:
Terribly sad news. The politics of fear and hate have clearly captured one side of politics over there.

I think it's fantastic news and we should do exactly the same thing Idea

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:54 am

I hadn't guessed you felt that way...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: