Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Muslim immigration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly all of the French attackers were born in Europe. Focusing on refugees is a red herring.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:00 pm

^ so you don't think for security reasons it might be a good idea to know who is wandering freely around Europe??

Bit hard for intelligence agencies to monitor and hopefully foil attacks if they don't even know who may have arrived I would have thought. And yes I acknowledge that the majority of the scum in Paris were French or Belgian - but they ALL weren't were they??

And given that there are reports coming out of camps by genuine refugees who are very frightened by the presence (and intimidation and actual threats) by some of these people in the camps - it would be a good thing to weed them out ASAP!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:50 pm

David wrote:
Nearly all of the French attackers were born in Europe. Focusing on refugees is a red herring.

Yep, and of Muslim heritage. As were the London bombers. If anything, it's the second and third generation - stranded between cultures and assured of Western protection - that pose the great danger ....which is why Islamic immigration at scale - under any terms - is a bad idea. It was clear at the time of the Rushdie protests in the UK in 1985, yet we failed to heed the signs. We are too frightened of being labelled "racist" by tinpot ideologues to act rationally.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

Yep, and of Muslim heritage. As were the London bombers. If anything, it's the second and third generation - stranded between cultures and assured of Western protection - that pose the great danger ....which is why Islamic immigration at scale - under any terms - is a bad idea. It was clear at the time of the Rushdie protests in the UK in 1985, yet we failed to heed the signs. We are too frightened of being labelled "racist" by tinpot ideologues to act rationally.

Which is why we need limits on Muslim immigration, refugee or not.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

Which is why we need limits on Muslim immigration, refugee or not.

It has to happen.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ I respect Rundle's articles most of the time, but then his guard slips and he parlays drivel like this : "The right should have the level-headedness to propose real solutions, or the guts to propose what theyd really like to do: the large scale round-up of Muslim citizens, and the indefinite occupation of the Middle East".

I'm on the right. I want neither of those two things. Nor do most of the (many) other people I know on the right. But his little fantasy world of Leftist cleverer-than-thou virtue can only survive by making the kind of caricatures that he purports to despise. Another Left-wing narcissist, I'm afraid, sneering at those who express natural sympathy and solidarity via a tricolore. He'll be accusing us again of treason and calling for capital punishment for those who do not fit his intellectual straitjacket, soon.

By the way, on those internment camps, here's one of the most popular Republican candidates:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/260727-trump-wont-rule-out-database-special-id-for-muslims

Of course, Ben Carson wouldn't want to be outdone:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/20/ben-carson-screen-syrian-refugees-like-they-might-be-rabid-dogs

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:53 pm

David wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ I respect Rundle's articles most of the time, but then his guard slips and he parlays drivel like this : "The right should have the level-headedness to propose real solutions, or the guts to propose what theyd really like to do: the large scale round-up of Muslim citizens, and the indefinite occupation of the Middle East".

I'm on the right. I want neither of those two things. Nor do most of the (many) other people I know on the right. But his little fantasy world of Leftist cleverer-than-thou virtue can only survive by making the kind of caricatures that he purports to despise. Another Left-wing narcissist, I'm afraid, sneering at those who express natural sympathy and solidarity via a tricolore. He'll be accusing us again of treason and calling for capital punishment for those who do not fit his intellectual straitjacket, soon.

By the way, on those internment camps, here's one of the most popular Republican candidates:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/260727-trump-wont-rule-out-database-special-id-for-muslims

Of course, Ben Carson wouldn't want to be outdone:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/20/ben-carson-screen-syrian-refugees-like-they-might-be-rabid-dogs

Trump is a negotiator. He didn't say he would do those things, just that they need to be considered.

When different circumstances arise, you need to consider different options, including the unpalatable ones. Start with the extreme and work back from there, good negotiating tactics.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:36 pm

^ Good way to alienate the entire Muslim population, too. Sometimes you don't have to say everything you're thinking... probably the first rule of diplomacy, I would have thought.

But either way, it's an appalling suggestion.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Trump isn't a diplomat, he's a negotiator. The 2 have a lot of similarities and a lot of differences.

It's hardly uncommon for a world leader to start off tough talking, prepare people for the worst, then when what is delivered isn't that bad they accept it almost happily.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:50 pm

David wrote:
^ Good way to alienate the entire Muslim population, too. Sometimes you don't have to say everything you're thinking... probably the first rule of diplomacy, I would have thought.

But either way, it's an appalling suggestion.

1. So the radicals do not represents Islam, but the egregious Trump represents "The Right". Hmm....

2. I don't buy Trump's suggestion for the same reason as you but it is not an internment camp.

3. What Carson said was a bad metaphor, but essentially a policy I'd support.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:42 am

Hmmm, maybe they should have listened....

https://destroyislamnow.wordpress.com/

July 16, 2014

Muslim rioters in France should be jailed

EDITORIAL Did you see how the Arab Muslim anti-Semites rioted in response to a peaceful demonstration held in favour of Israel? Well if you havent I suggest you do (video posted at the bottom of the page), and write a status or a tweet about it. Muslims have yet again proved that they are not compatible with modern day society, they have proved that they are barbarians and an evil cult. These protesters have proven that their religion poses a severe threat to French society and deserve to have their rights taken away.

France has been so focused on multiculturalism, but my friends, realise that waving a Jihad flag, throwing chairs and batons, stabbing random people in the throat are NOT multiculturalism, it is HATE! The earlier France realises this, the better, I just hope it isnt too late.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:56 am

I think, as a rule, "should have listened to" and "mouth-frothing crusaders" do not belong in the same sentence.

Skids, you're entitled to your hatred of Islam, but you're dealing with 1.6 billion people across six continents who are unlikely to abandon their faith just because you and a few other angry Westerners don't like it.

You have two ways of dealing with this fact: 1) lobby for our government to become a North Korea-esque hermit kingdom with little to no economic or diplomatic relations with the outside world, and hope that nobody else gets in; or 2) accept that the world is a diverse place and that we share a mutual dependence with people that we may not see eye to eye on everything with. The latter requires not just tolerance, but a bit of an understanding of how those people think, and, perhaps, recognition that 99.95% of Muslims aren't Kalashnikov-wielding lunatics.

The White Australia Policy is over. We can't keep the scary foreigners out any more, not if we want to participate meaningfully in the globalised market. It's time to get with that picture or go and find a cave somewhere.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:05 pm

David wrote:
I think, as a rule, "should have listened to" and "mouth-frothing crusaders" do not belong in the same sentence.

Skids, you're entitled to your hatred of Islam, but you're dealing with 1.6 billion people across six continents who are unlikely to abandon their faith just because you and a few other angry Westerners don't like it.

You have two ways of dealing with this fact: 1) lobby for our government to become a North Korea-esque hermit kingdom with little to no economic or diplomatic relations with the outside world, and hope that nobody else gets in; or 2) accept that the world is a diverse place and that we share a mutual dependence with people that we may not see eye to eye on everything with. The latter requires not just tolerance, but a bit of an understanding of how those people think, and, perhaps, recognition that 99.95% of Muslims aren't Kalashnikov-wielding lunatics.

The White Australia Policy is over. We can't keep the scary foreigners out any more, not if we want to participate meaningfully in the globalised market. It's time to get with that picture or go and find a cave somewhere.

0.05% of 1.6 Billion still makes 80,000 kalashnikov wielding lunatics that we want to keep out. Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:08 pm

What makes you think I have two ways of dealing with this fact 1 lobby for our government to become a North Korea-esque hermit kingdom with to no economic or diplomatic relations with the world and hope that nobody else gets in; or 2 accept that the world is a diverse place and that we share a mutual dependence with people that we may not see eye to eye on everything with?
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:36 pm

David wrote:

rubbish, what the hell does immigration policy have to do with competing globally. Look at Japan.

more leftist babble from you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: