Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Attacks in Paris

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're vastly understating the CIA's role in such coups. In any case, what we're talking about is hardly ancient history; there are people alive today who were adults when it took place. The overthrow was, of course, an important step in the chain of events that led to the Islamic Revolution in Iran.

You can't possibly discuss the Middle East's present and future without acknowledging the past and very much ongoing role of Europe and the US in the region.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:43 am

Certainly, the great powers of the world - most notably in the case of the Middle East, the Ottomans until 1915- played a large and at times regrettable role in the history. But your comment that Americas is an occupier of the Middle East is straight from the Islamist playbook, though I am sure you do not mean it to be. We should stop feeding their murderous grievances. They played the greatest role in their country's unhappy history, and other countries which suffered far greater direct colonialism and had fewer resources have got on with making a success of modernity.

Oh, and one more thing. Colonialism was not particularly a Western phenomenon. It was the dominant political paradigm for thousands of years, from the Egyptian empire to the ottoman and Mughal empires and many besides. The UK was just in the driving seat when humanism reached the level at which we could see that imperialism was an immoral enterprise (despite high-minded Victorian pretensions) and we lost the will to murder for it.

Last edited by Mugwump on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
But they're figuring out who was involved.

Maybe??? - but so far they have found EIGHT migrants who have got into Europe using the same passport with different photos!

So the killer named as Ahmad Almohammad it seems is not that person! (inappropriately it made me think of "I'm Brian "No I'm Brian").

French investigators believe the documents found on the remains of one of the three jihadists who died outside the Stade de France may actually have belonged to a loyalist Syrian regime soldier killed several months ago, the AFP news agency said. Sources said it was either taken or fabricated based on a real identity.

Europe is too porous – if terrorists get though the initial border then there are no further checks before they get to the place they want to attack.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:40 pm

The media are RIDICULOUS - get out of the way you stupid people !!!!

RIP Diesel Evil or Very Mad

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:42 pm

So apparently the world is now a few arsewipes short, since the Paris Police did their thing.

The pity is that those dickwads will never know they died for nothing. No paradise, no virgins, Nada.

It would be good if there was some kind of cosmic way station where their could could be met by a laughing person who could say to them "You believed what?" before having the light turned off.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 pm

We are all in a global village.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So apparently the world is now a few arsewipes short, since the Paris Police did their thing.

The pity is that those dickwads will never know they died for nothing. No paradise, no virgins, Nada.

It would be good if there was some kind of cosmic way station where their could could be met by a laughing person who could say to them "You believed what?" before having the light turned off.

I prefer the idea of 72 male virgins for the men.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:45 pm

Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I prefer the idea of 72 male virgins for the men.

Hahaha love it!

They will go to hell, and diesel will go to rainbow bridge, run free forever brave soul xxxx

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:54 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Is it wrong that the dog dying has almost brought me to tears compared to an angry detachment from the rest of it all?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Wokko wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Is it wrong that the dog dying has almost brought me to tears compared to an angry detachment from the rest of it all?

Nah, I cry at those toilet tissue adds!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Wokko wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

NO it is not !!! I couldn't manage almost and then I ran out of obscenities and starting inventing my own! Twisted Evil

I was waiting for my TV to pop out arms to cover it's ears Shocked

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:04 pm

We've now got an incident occurring in Bamako.
The 190 room Raddison Hotel is the scene of a hostage situation with reportedly 170 people involved. Gunfire & explosions has been recorded.
First accounts are of a group of armed assailants storming the hotel in the French speaking capital of Mali. Early reports are they called out Islamist slogans as they took over.
Let's hope this can be resolved without any more loss of life.....but it doesn't sound good at all from first reports.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:23 am

Ah, shit. Sad

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/20/mali-attack-highlights-global-spread-extremist-violence

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:38 am

Plus 2 other attacks..

2015.11.20 Pakistan Ittehad 4 dead.... Hardline gunmen pick off four guards outside a rival mosque during Friday prayers.

2015.11.20 Iraq Baghdad 10 dead, 28 injured... Ten worshippers at a Shiite mosque are sent straight to Allah by a Sunni suicide bomber.

2015.11.20 Mali Bamako 27 dead, unknown injured..... Gunmen yelling 'Allah Akbar' storm a hotel and kill or capture dozens of people who are unable to recite Quran verses.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:14 am

Threats of more to come from the religion of peace.

“This is just the beginning. What is coming is greater and better than this."

The second militant first congratulates the Paris attackers, and goes on to promise that ISIS would carry out more attacks in the country.

"To the brothers in France, prepare and put your trust in Allah. Once you put your trust in Allah, nothing will stop you," he tells the camera.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/isis-threaten-paris-latest-terror-video-article-1.2442457

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: