Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Attacks in Paris

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, Stui. It's a long time since the Algerian war, and most French people have no desire to go back to that. And a Rainbow Warrior attack in Syria right now would barely make the news.

The key question is how much blood and terror it will take before our assumptions about law and society start to change. They seem very solid now, but they are actually just a product of a long period of peace and relative security which is now breaking down.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Nostradamus is starting to look like he was on a winner Sad
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Beautiful city of Paris our thoughts are with you Crying or Very sad
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:10 pm

ISIS want WW3 to Happen
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:15 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I don't see a direct connection between:

1. Migrants / refugees / others

trying to get to other places that their own countries & what we have witnessed in Paris.

Whatsiname's comment above re stopping the boats is not only ill informed but is stupid too. Shit, I fed the troll.

2. I do see issues with the ghettoization of large numbers of immigrants especially muslim immigrants as they have higher rates of unemployment, significantly lower rates of good educational outcomes, higher rates of crime as is often the case with all groups of newer immigrants. In my view, it is not a direct causal relationship nut fertile ground for radicalisation to develop for muslim males.

It's just that other religious groups through ethnicity / group etc don't seem to have such a violent / rejectionist / extremist elements to their culture that we see in the form of Al Queida/ ISIS/ Hizb-al-tahrir - etc.

Oh bring back Saddam

Because Terriosts can Hide in a Pack of Immigrants that are trying to get our if there Shitty Countries

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

trying to get to other places that their own countries & what we have witnessed in Paris.

Whatsiname's comment above re stopping the boats is not only ill informed but is stupid too. Shit, I fed the troll.

2. I do see issues with the ghettoization of large numbers of immigrants especially muslim immigrants as they have higher rates of unemployment, significantly lower rates of good educational outcomes, higher rates of crime as is often the case with all groups of newer immigrants. In my view, it is not a direct causal relationship nut fertile ground for radicalisation to develop for muslim males.

It's just that other religious groups through ethnicity / group etc don't seem to have such a violent / rejectionist / extremist elements to their culture that we see in the form of Al Queida/ ISIS/ Hizb-al-tahrir - etc.

Oh bring back Saddam

Because Terriosts can Hide in a Pack of Immigrants that are trying to get our if there Shitty Countries

It's not quite so simple DTM.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:20 pm

"French magazine Le Point said early Saturday that the Bataclan theater, targeted in Friday nights Paris terror attacks, has for years been the target of anti-Zionist groups as its Jewish owners often put on pro-Israel events. The publication quoted a member of the extremist group Army of Islam, who told French security services in 2011 that, We had planned an attack against the Bataclan because its owners are Jews. The Eagles of Death Metal, the band that was to perform at the theater when the attacks began, played in Tel Avivs Barby club in July..."

From the "Times of Israel"

A major part of the reason that The Islamists chose the particular theatre.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:27 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Oh bring back Saddam

Why is it not that Simple?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
"French magazine Le Point said early Saturday that the Bataclan theater, targeted in Friday nights Paris terror attacks, has for years been the target of anti-Zionist groups as its Jewish owners often put on pro-Israel events. The publication quoted a member of the extremist group Army of Islam, who told French security services in 2011 that, We had planned an attack against the Bataclan because its owners are Jews. The Eagles of Death Metal, the band that was to perform at the theater when the attacks began, played in Tel Avivs Barby club in July..."

From the "Times of Israel"

A major part of the reason that The Islamists chose the particular theatre.

So the are the Same as the Nazi's?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:54 pm

Well, no, obviously, but concentration camps and gas chambers wouldn't be much of a stretch if they ever got into meaningful power anywhere.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:32 am

watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Oh bring back Saddam

A Syrian passport used to seek asylum in Greece was found on a dead terrorist.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:40 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Oh bring back Saddam

A Syrian passport used to seek asylum in Greece was found on a dead terrorist.

According to the Age today:

It also reported that a Syrian passport which was found on the body of the attacker at the Stade de France had passed through Greece as a refugee in October.
"The holder of the passport passed through the island of Leros on Oct. 3, 2015, where he was identified according to EU rules," said Greece's deputy minister in charge of police, Nikos Toskas, in a statement.
A Greek police source said the passport's owner was a young man who had arrived in Leros with a group of 69 refugees and had his fingerprints taken by authorities there. Police declined to give his name.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/paris-attacks-france-vows-merciless-response-to-unprecedented-atrocity-20151114-gkz28z.html#ixzz3rV5BEBHt
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:49 am

And another example of terrorists slipping in as "refugees".

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/09/italy-arrests-isis-terrorist-disguised-as-refugee/
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:28 am

Some got in as refugees, at least one has been identified as a french born extremist who was known to authorities.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Oh bring back Saddam

It's not so simple because of factors that include:

1. Of course terrorists can hide amongst immigrants although home grown terrorists are Australia's biggest concern. Apparently ASIO & the secret services reckon they have over 400 they are actively watching / monitoring & I suspect the majority are Islamic fundamentalists - although there'll be a good number of other right wing, gun loving misogynist nutters in there too.

2. The issues when abused by politicians (see one Mad Monk) were being used to cause undue alarm & fear & make the Mad Monk appear strong & nationalistic (see the growth of flags every time he appeared) & was used to align asylum seekers with terrorists - a smear.

3. In Europe one is talking in millions about the number of people fleeing Africa, Eastern Europe & the Middle East & more recently hundreds of thousands fleeing Syria.

4. Asylum seekers / refugees / immigrants all need proper processing. Australia does what it can but seems awfully slow & seems unnecessarily harsh to criminalise & maltreat those coming to Australia.

5. With respect to "their shitty countries" unfortunately whether right or wrong we have assisted in making those countries shitty that is, Iraq & now Syria. The extent to which we have contributed is debatable.

Knowing what all of the reasons are is hard to know but these are some of the reasons that this issue is not quite so simple.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: