Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Attacks in Paris

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
Unconfirmed reports that the attackers are IS sympathisers, but very little information at the moment. The death toll being reported at the moment is 140.

Let me see. They must be Christian fundamentalists, Jewish fundamentalists, Hindu fundamentalists, Buddhist fundamentalists, Scientologists, or could it be ...............must be a surprise her...........wait for it.......Muslim fundamentalists.

Then again David you could be living in a place called denial: somewhere between fantasy & Hampton.

Why have a dig at me over this? I was simply passing on what's been reported. Rolling Eyes

At the time I posted this, the only clue we had as to the attackers' identities was one witness report of the gunmen at the theatre yelling "Allah Akbar" (other witnesses said that they couldn't hear anything over the gunfire). Otherwise, all we had was guesswork (hence, "very little information at the moment"). No-one has claimed responsibility, and as far as I'm aware at this stage the authorities haven't provided any details about the assailants.

Obviously we all suspect that these are Muslim extremists and most likely IS sympathisers, but gut feeling isn't the same as evidence. A lot of people thought Anders Breivik's terrorist acts in Norway were the work of Islamic militants at first. I don't think any of us will be surprised to learn the identity of the culprits here, though.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:55 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
Unconfirmed reports that the attackers are IS sympathisers, but very little information at the moment. The death toll being reported at the moment is 140.

Let me see. They must be Christian fundamentalists, Jewish fundamentalists, Hindu fundamentalists, Buddhist fundamentalists, Scientologists, or could it be ...............must be a surprise her...........wait for it.......Muslim fundamentalists.

Then again David you could be living in a place called denial: somewhere between fantasy & Hampton.

Huh? What am I missing? He said they were probably Isis sympathisers? How is that denial?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Nup.

Coordinated attack, civilian targets and all of them wearing a suicide belt which 7 of the 8 used to off themselves and take others with them. The other was shot first, then blew up.

The whole MO stinks of Islamic Extremists. No surprises at all.

Significant attack that achieves several objectives.

1. Retaliation against France for their role with the USA in the middle east fighting ISIS

2. Creates a rallying point, a positive strike back for all the other disaffected Muslims leaning toward radicalisation and those already there.

3. Will create more tension against Muslims in Europe at a time when it's already at an all time high.

Lets not forget that these kuntz don't want Muslims to peacefully assimilate into a tolerant western society, their goal is a worldwide caliphate under Sharia Law. Having happy Prosperous Muslims living peacefully in a tolerant society with people of other religions doesn't work for them in any way at all.

The retaliation will be interesting though, they haven't just poked the bear, they've put a cracker in it's arse while it was sleeping and stood there laughing when it went off. This could get messy.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:05 pm

and this why we stopped the boats.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:22 pm

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Why have a dig at me over this? I was simply passing on what's been reported. Rolling Eyes

At the time I posted this, the only clue we had as to the attackers' identities was one witness report of the gunmen at the theatre yelling "Allah Akbar" (other witnesses said that they couldn't hear anything over the gunfire). Otherwise, all we had was guesswork (hence, "very little information at the moment"). No-one has claimed responsibility, and as far as I'm aware at this stage the authorities haven't provided any details about the assailants.

Obviously we all suspect that these are Muslim extremists and most likely IS sympathisers, but gut feeling isn't the same as evidence. A lot of people thought Anders Breivik's terrorist acts in Norway were the work of Islamic militants at first. I don't think any of us will be surprised to learn the identity of the culprits here, though.

It was quickly reported by The Daily mail UK - who notwithstanding their right leanings provide much quicker responses than most. Al Jazeera were very slow Shocked BBC was very slow & the Israeli newspapers on line must have used the same sources as the Daily Mail UK, even ABC 24 had this reported quite quickly.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:27 pm

I would suggest that now might be a good time for the thousands of illegal migrants at Calais to cease and desist from rioting, throwing rocks at and attacking the armed French Police!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:41 pm

^

Ya reckon?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Morrigu wrote:
I would suggest that now might be a good time for the thousands of illegal migrants at Calais to cease and desist from rioting, throwing rocks at and attacking the armed French Police!!

Sorry, what's the connection?

People trying to spin this as a refugee issue are missing the point. Refugees, by and large, aren't the ones involved in attacks like these.

Last edited by David on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:02 pm

And I reckon the French and other countries such as Sweden should roll out the tanks and raze the cesspits of lawlessness and intolerance of Western values that they have established in many suburbs complete with sharia law - breeding grounds!!

Last edited by Morrigu on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:03 pm

David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Sorry, what's the connection?.

Rolling Eyes Are you serious?? You don't see a connection???

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:44 pm

I don't see a direct connection between:

1. Migrants / refugees / others

trying to get to other places that their own countries & what we have witnessed in Paris.

Whatsiname's comment above re stopping the boats is not only ill informed but is stupid too. Shit, I fed the troll.

2. I do see issues with the ghettoization of large numbers of immigrants especially muslim immigrants as they have higher rates of unemployment, significantly lower rates of good educational outcomes, higher rates of crime as is often the case with all groups of newer immigrants. In my view, it is not a direct causal relationship nut fertile ground for radicalisation to develop for muslim males.

It's just that other religious groups through ethnicity / group etc don't seem to have such a violent / rejectionist / extremist elements to their culture that we see in the form of Al Queida/ ISIS/ Hizb-al-tahrir - etc.

Oh bring back Saddam

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I don't see a direct connection between:

1. Migrants / refugees / others

trying to get to other places that their own countries & what we have witnessed in Paris.

Whatsiname's comment above re stopping the boats is not only ill informed but is stupid too. Shit, I fed the troll.

2. I do see issues with the ghettoization of large numbers of immigrants especially muslim immigrants as they have higher rates of unemployment, significantly lower rates of good educational outcomes, higher rates of crime as is often the case with all groups of newer immigrants. In my view, it is not a direct causal relationship nut fertile ground for radicalisation to develop for muslim males.

It's just that other religious groups through ethnicity / group etc don't seem to have such a violent / rejectionist / extremist elements to their culture that we see in the form of Al Queida/ ISIS/ Hizb-al-tahrir - etc.

Oh bring back Saddam

Would it be too simple to say that in most other cases, religion and the state have at least some degree of separation ?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Sorry, what's the connection?.

Rolling Eyes Are you serious?? You don't see a connection???

I would have thought it self explanatory but obviously not!!!

Not connected by way of the illegals being involved in or supporting of etc. the massacre in Paris - connected because the armed French police may be a little less tolerant given the massacre in Paris!!!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nup.

Coordinated attack, civilian targets and all of them wearing a suicide belt which 7 of the 8 used to off themselves and take others with them. The other was shot first, then blew up.

The whole MO stinks of Islamic Extremists. No surprises at all.

Significant attack that achieves several objectives.

1. Retaliation against France for their role with the USA in the middle east fighting ISIS

2. Creates a rallying point, a positive strike back for all the other disaffected Muslims leaning toward radicalisation and those already there.

3. Will create more tension against Muslims in Europe at a time when it's already at an all time high.

Lets not forget that these kuntz don't want Muslims to peacefully assimilate into a tolerant western society, their goal is a worldwide caliphate under Sharia Law. Having happy Prosperous Muslims living peacefully in a tolerant society with people of other religions doesn't work for them in any way at all.

The retaliation will be interesting though, they haven't just poked the bear, they've put a cracker in it's arse while it was sleeping and stood there laughing when it went off. This could get messy.

I expect this will probably lead to a Front National surge, quite possibly all the way to power, and I think it's probably the death knell for Merkel's political career, already under threat from the backlash against immigration. It's too early to say for certain, but this might be the one that starts to bring change, for better and for worse.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Yeah the politics will get 'interesting' in it's own right.

I was thinking more of the French special forces, who are nasty pieces of work, being set loose in Syria.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12   

Jump to: