Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Body hair on women is "liberating" apparently.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
It's a sign of giving up...may as well wear tracky pants....and the hell with it, stop showering and stop using deodorant....

Yep! But I keep a pair of daggy trackies to keep hubby honest!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 pm

David wrote:
Now, as a result of the new cultural norm, many women feel obliged to spend considerable quantities of time and money that they could have directed elsewhere; not so they can look amazing for some special occasion, and not so they can try something different once in a while, but so they can be acceptable. The same goes for make-up. It's not the fact that some women have hairless bodies that I object to, it's the fact that they feel obliged to have hairless bodies because otherwise they'ull be disgusting and unsexy

I feel no such obligation David and often go weeks without shaving my legs ( hell I am six foot tall and most of my height is leg - costs a bloody fortune in razors Laughing and I can't be arsed making appointments and going to " beauty salons" so that a Darlene can be slapping on wax or whatever the fck they do there)

The only reason I give in and shave them is for my comfort - gets a bit irritating after a while otherwise.......

Don't worry I don't own or wear dresses or shorts etc ( cause I don't bloody like em) so I am not offending the eyes of sensitive souls who may fear me a werewolf Wink And seriously - not your quote - " but it is called giving up - that is just about the most shallow ludicrous post ever 😝.

Doesn't seem to concern my hubby - we have a very healthy active sex life ta very much. Hmmmm it seems that if we were to part I will need to conform to the " you must be hairless brigade" if I should be so inclined to dabble in the pleasure of the flesh.

Pfft to that I'll just buy me a vibrator Wink Razz

I really don't and have never got the whole fashion thing - what a waste of time effort and money - I own a total of 4 pair of shoes ( and of that I pair are my O/S hiking boots, 1 pair are my motorcycle riding boots and one pair are my snugly slippers) Rather spend my cash on travelling cause quite frankly I don't give a rats what " people " think of my appearance - I'll take my experiences and memories over trying to impress men or women for that matter with my " appearance" every time !!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Well said!

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
Lol, ok. What we can say with certainty is that heterosexual males are genetically predisposed to be aroused by female pubic hair. The fact that many seem to have the opposite reaction nowadays shows how powerful culture can be in shaping not just political attitudes but sexual desire.

Has our society 'won' as a result of this obsession with removing body hair? Think about it: hairlessness is a condition that very few heterosexual men coveted a few generations ago. There wasn't a strong demand for it; men didn't look at a nude woman with pubic/underarm hair and go "ewww", they got turned on because that, generally speaking, was what a woman looked like.

Now, as a result of the new cultural norm, many women feel obliged to spend considerable quantities of time and money that they could have directed elsewhere; not so they can look amazing for some special occasion, and not so they can try something different once in a while, but so they can be acceptable. The same goes for make-up. It's not the fact that some women have hairless bodies that I object to, it's the fact that they feel obliged to have hairless bodies because otherwise they'll be disgusting and unsexy.

Can someone explain to me how this is progress?

Who said we feel obliged? I don't. I just don't like seeing hairy armpits or legs in the mirror, and don't get me started on the snail trail!

Same with makeup. I often go out without it! I haven't seen anyone keel over in disgust! I wear it when I feel like it!

Most women like to look good, groomed, or their idea or good/groomed, this whole tattoo and piercing thing, ugh! We don't do it for you, or anyone else, we do it for us!

I'm sick as a dog right now, but I had to go to a friends funeral, so I shaved, got the hair dryer out, and troweled over the flu spots! Put my 'I feel good in them" black pants on, my team of the century Guernsey (he was a Collingwood man, they played the end of both grand finals and the song, and there was a black and white floral "Guernsey on his coffin) and I felt great! Was worth it too! My first big love was there, and all the old crowd! (And yeah I won that round! Hey the living have to keep living!)

Get up, get dressed, make an effort, I hope I never stop doing that! For me. Not for anyone else! And no, my self esteem is not tied up in that!

I can't speak for your experience, but I sure as hell don't shave my face "for me". I shave it mostly because I'm afraid of looking unkempt and being judged by others for it (a purely culturally conditioned response, of course). And even if I didn't care what other people thought - an unusual characteristic for a human being - and just did it so I could look in the mirror and say "hey sexy" and feel confident, that would still be an internalised cultural judgement, that I only look/feel sexy when I don't have any facial hair.

I dunno. Again, I'm totally happy for women to put on makeup or shave wherever they want because they want to try something different or they like it better that way. But it's a fantasy to pretend that these things are just some free choice that has nothing to do with external perception or cultural values. For many women, there's nothing really free about it; it's just something they feel they have to do. That's what makes giving the finger to social expectations and letting your hair grow naturally a genuinely liberating act.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:13 pm

David wrote:
What we can say with certainty is that heterosexual males are genetically predisposed to be aroused by female pubic hair.

This is why we have pubic hair. And armpit hair too, of course - because it has been sexually selected. Women have hair because women with hair are more attractive to more males and are thus better able to select the most desirable of them. There is one reason for pubic and underarm hair and one reason only: because people with hair smell better.

No reputable evolutionary biologist has ever even managed to think of any other reason for the human hair distribution pattern: we have hair because it makes us smell better, simple as that.

If you don't agree, may I suggest the following points to meditate on: (1) you are completely clueless about biology (obviously). (2) You are adapted by lifelong training to a wholly unnatural city based lifestyle which we are not biologically suited to. This is not your fault. Being too thick to understand it is your fault. (3) Because of our unnatural habit of wearing clothes, we smell bad. Yes, this means you. Clothing makes the body sweaty and clammy, and clammy warm things breed nasty-smelling bacteria. City-living humans spend a fortune on clothing to make them smell bad, and then spend another fortune on soaps and creams and perfumes and talcs and scents to hide the bad smells. The generally appalling diet of most city people makes this much worse. (4) Many city living humans have sexual difficulties, especially with either lack of desire or inappropriately directed desire. This is largely because of the factors listed above. They are either not getting their natural stimulation at all, or they have so crippled their senses that they don't respond properly to it if they do get it. (5) David is right. You are wrong. Deal with it.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:15 pm

Ya can't beat a nice smooth pussy. End of story Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:38 pm

David wrote:
Well said!

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
Lol, ok. What we can say with certainty is that heterosexual males are genetically predisposed to be aroused by female pubic hair. The fact that many seem to have the opposite reaction nowadays shows how powerful culture can be in shaping not just political attitudes but sexual desire.

Has our society 'won' as a result of this obsession with removing body hair? Think about it: hairlessness is a condition that very few heterosexual men coveted a few generations ago. There wasn't a strong demand for it; men didn't look at a nude woman with pubic/underarm hair and go "ewww", they got turned on because that, generally speaking, was what a woman looked like.

Now, as a result of the new cultural norm, many women feel obliged to spend considerable quantities of time and money that they could have directed elsewhere; not so they can look amazing for some special occasion, and not so they can try something different once in a while, but so they can be acceptable. The same goes for make-up. It's not the fact that some women have hairless bodies that I object to, it's the fact that they feel obliged to have hairless bodies because otherwise they'll be disgusting and unsexy.

Can someone explain to me how this is progress?

Who said we feel obliged? I don't. I just don't like seeing hairy armpits or legs in the mirror, and don't get me started on the snail trail!

Same with makeup. I often go out without it! I haven't seen anyone keel over in disgust! I wear it when I feel like it!

Most women like to look good, groomed, or their idea or good/groomed, this whole tattoo and piercing thing, ugh! We don't do it for you, or anyone else, we do it for us!

I'm sick as a dog right now, but I had to go to a friends funeral, so I shaved, got the hair dryer out, and troweled over the flu spots! Put my 'I feel good in them" black pants on, my team of the century Guernsey (he was a Collingwood man, they played the end of both grand finals and the song, and there was a black and white floral "Guernsey on his coffin) and I felt great! Was worth it too! My first big love was there, and all the old crowd! (And yeah I won that round! Hey the living have to keep living!)

Get up, get dressed, make an effort, I hope I never stop doing that! For me. Not for anyone else! And no, my self esteem is not tied up in that!

I can't speak for your experience, but I sure as hell don't shave my face "for me". I shave it mostly because I'm afraid of looking unkempt and being judged by others for it (a purely culturally conditioned response, of course). And even if I didn't care what other people thought - an unusual characteristic for a human being - and just did it so I could look in the mirror and say "hey sexy" and feel confident, that would still be an internalised cultural judgement, that I only look/feel sexy when I don't have any facial hair.

I dunno. Again, I'm totally happy for women to put on makeup or shave wherever they want because they want to try something different or they like it better that way. But it's a fantasy to pretend that these things are just some free choice that has nothing to do with external perception or cultural values. For many women, there's nothing really free about it; it's just something they feel they have to do. That's what makes giving the finger to social expectations and letting your hair grow naturally a genuinely liberating act.

Just love the way you talk for "many women"! Have you surveyed your friends?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Tannin wrote:
David wrote:
What we can say with certainty is that heterosexual males are genetically predisposed to be aroused by female pubic hair.

This is why we have pubic hair. And armpit hair too, of course - because it has been sexually selected. Women have hair because women with hair are more attractive to more males and are thus better able to select the most desirable of them. There is one reason for pubic and underarm hair and one reason only: because people with hair smell better.

No reputable evolutionary biologist has ever even managed to think of any other reason for the human hair distribution pattern: we have hair because it makes us smell better, simple as that.

If you don't agree, may I suggest the following points to meditate on: (1) you are completely clueless about biology (obviously). (2) You are adapted by lifelong training to a wholly unnatural city based lifestyle which we are not biologically suited to. This is not your fault. Being too thick to understand it is your fault. (3) Because of our unnatural habit of wearing clothes, we smell bad. Yes, this means you. Clothing makes the body sweaty and clammy, and clammy warm things breed nasty-smelling bacteria. City-living humans spend a fortune on clothing to make them smell bad, and then spend another fortune on soaps and creams and perfumes and talcs and scents to hide the bad smells. The generally appalling diet of most city people makes this much worse. (4) Many city living humans have sexual difficulties, especially with either lack of desire or inappropriately directed desire. This is largely because of the factors listed above. They are either not getting their natural stimulation at all, or they have so crippled their senses that they don't respond properly to it if they do get it. (5) David is right. You are wrong. Deal with it.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Brazilian look, bits down there ain't pretty, a little privacy please! know plenty that do like it though, too much maintenance let alone pain, in my book!

Underarm hair is another thing, it's 20 sec of grooming! I just prefer that look. As for the legs, shaved looks much neater, I guess I'm lucky though, I can go with out shaving for a couple of weeks, I'm just not hairy! I was shocked when I heard girls shave their arms! I don't have hair on my arms at all!

As for the rest of your post, what a load of crap! I'm pretty sure most men wouldn't have their sex life crippled by a few stray pubes!

Oh and hair makes you smell better? Also crap! You ever been on a building site? Phewwww Pubes keep the yukkies out of your vag, that's about it.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:57 pm

Only on the web.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:28 am

The whole " smell factor " is interesting

We in the west seem to need to smell "pretty " - artificially mostly though as a result of things we can spray on to mask any degree of natural human odour.

I've spent a bit of time in Africa - and not in high society that's for sure - they aren't big on spray away so the smell of human ( just human not grubby not unwashed - just clean without " perfumed" Western aerosols) can be in the first instance overpowering Shocked but once you get used to it - well it is so much more pleasant than the over powering stench of many deodorants etc and all perfumes - rather poke myself in the eye with a pencil than be in close proximity to stinky perfumed women and men - yuk yuk yuk!!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:09 am

Yep, and how bizarre is it that we insist on inflicting our bodies with these chemicals on a regular basis. Every morning, I paste roll-on deodorant on my armpits because I'm afraid people might be disgusted by my natural bodily odours. Despite the fact that I have a shower every morning without fail.

It's a vicious cycle we get ourselves into - where the mildest visual or olfactory 'blemish' becomes an intolerable flaw - and the only real winner is the personal grooming industry, which gets to profit from our insecurities and unjustified unhappiness about our perfectly normal bodies by selling us more things so we can be even more 'perfect'.

[/rant]

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:08 am

^You're committing a "ghost in the machine" fallacy there, though; human cultures are every bit as natural as the neural networks and environments which sustain them.

Unless you're an untreated addict or schizophrenic, or suffer certain health issues, or such, wandering about invading people's space with odours others find repugnant is every bit a cultural choice. Other cultures will have their own versions of bad smells.

You're confusing cultural form with the process of cultural negotiation. If you think saving society from the menace of deodorant oppression is a worthy cause (and I'm not talking health and environmental problems related to ingredients), fair enough, but, ahem...priorities, anyone?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:38 am

Aren't you confusing individual responsibilities with structural critique, though? Surely the question of whether or not I should apply Lynx tomorrow morning is a different matter to the question of whether obsessive deodorant use is actually harmful or at least symptomatic of wider social ills.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:44 am

^Unless there's plainly some Norsca-based oppression going on, someone has to demonstrate that this is actually an "ill" beyond any other mundane thing we do in life because it works okay in context.

I for one am not lamenting that I don't toil in the fields, have parasite-infested hair and wear deer skin; deodorant for crowded elevators, passenger vehicles and confined spaces seems like a small price to pay.

Of course, throwing in the adjective "obsessive" makes everything in any culture an ill! IMO you're confusing spending 20 seconds applying a ubiquitous product to your armpits with somethinganythingthat matters in our context.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:37 am

pietillidie wrote:
^Unless there's plainly some Norsca-based oppression going on, someone has to demonstrate that this is actually an "ill" beyond any other mundane thing we do in life because it works okay in context.

I for one am not lamenting that I don't toil in the fields, have parasite-infested hair and wear deer skin; deodorant for crowded elevators, passenger vehicles and confined spaces seems like a small price to pay.

Of course, throwing in the adjective "obsessive" makes everything in any culture an ill! IMO you're confusing spending 20 seconds applying a ubiquitous product to your armpits with somethinganythingthat matters in our context.

Yup, having had to sit next to someone in an office for a couple of years who had no personal hygiene whatsoever, ugh, no one was getting used to that smell! We all cracked it! It was so bad your eyes watered!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:45 am

Skids wrote:
Ya can't beat a nice smooth pussy. End of story Wink

But not everyone likes em.

Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: