Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Body hair on women is "liberating" apparently.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Interestingly I found the link on a US bulletin board and most of the women there didn't find the idea liberating, they found the idea of hairy legs and armpits seriously bad.

This seems to be the common theme amongst the female friends of mine as well, they're very much against the sight of any body hair. There's a couple that are like "to each their own."

But I've noticed there are many females that aren't finding it to be a good look.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
You're the one in the minority, you're the one with the fetish.

I'm assuming you mean David! Not my 6 pack fetish!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:

1) Am I actually in the minority? Have men been polled on this recently? What do the older generations think? Immigrants? How many teenage boys say they like hairless women because they think they're expected to, but secretly don't care either way?
2) Since when does a minority interest constitute a fetish? I'm not quite sure that's what a fetish is.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:58 pm

David wrote:
1) Am I actually in the minority? Have men been polled on this recently? What do the older generations think? Immigrants? How many teenage boys say they like hairless women because they think they're expected to, but secretly don't care either way?
2) Since when does a minority interest constitute a fetish? I'm not quite sure that's what a fetish is.

You aren't in the minority, though, some people in the minority have a bit of a fetish there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:01 pm

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:02 pm

The Prototype wrote:
[quote="David"]1) Am I actually in the minority? Have men been polled on this recently? What do the older generations think? Immigrants? How many teenage boys say they like hairless women because they think they're expected to, but secretly don't care either way?
2) Since when does a minority interest constitute a fetish? I'm not quite sure that's what a fetish is.[/quote]

You aren't in the minority, though, some people in the minority have a bit of a fetish there.
More than you can imagine.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:09 pm

It's a sign of giving up...may as well wear tracky pants....and the hell with it, stop showering and stop using deodorant....
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:10 pm
Post subject: Re: Body hair on women is "liberating" apparently.Reply with quote

Of course, I would never be so incorrect as to look at pictures and list scores out of ten, but this reprehensible post just happened to catch my eye. Naturally, I will send the person responsible out for reeducation at the earliest opportunity.

watt price n'chess wrote:

• 1: 7 (would be an 8 except for the nose ring)
  • 2: pair of fives (fives are perfectly bonkable)
  • 3: 3. (too much body, shame about the face)
  • 4: 7
  • 5: hard to say, call it a 7
  • 6: 9. Don't you love happy faces?
  • 7: 2. Sorry, can't stand lez haircuts. They are bad enough on men. There is something about that half-shaved look that just turns me off big-time. I don't mind a shaved head - it can be very cute on the right face - but half and half is horrible. Shaved, crew cut and lez hair always makes a face look hard. You need a soft, gentle face to get away with any of them, and this girl's face is hard enough to need softening. That hairdo on that face, nope. Better to mix stripes and spots, or even for an overweight individual to wear horizontal stripes.
  • 8: 6. Might manage a 7 without the tats.
  • 9: 5, maybe 6. Don't especially care for those legs but it's the weird artificial eyebrows that cost the points.
  • 10: 7.5
  • 11: 4. The cheery smile helps.
  • 12: 7
  • 13: 6. I thought about 7 but decided against it.
  • 14: 7. Thought about 6 coz I dislike stupid poses and dislike the done-to-death against-the-light cliche, but those are the photographer's fault, not hers.
  • 15: 10. I think I'm in love.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:13 pm

Wokko wrote:
big graphic

Pfft. You mean what American men think about pubic hair. Not interested in what they think, or even if they can think, which most of them can't.

Don't believe me? Try looking at Donald Trump's approval rating.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:16 pm

David wrote:
The vast majority of women in English-speaking countries 100 years ago wouldn't have dreamed of shaving their legs or underarms ...

100 years ago? Try 40 years ago.

By the way, David, you are right. Everyone else is wrong., You heard it here first.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Tannin wrote:
Wokko wrote:
big graphic

Pfft. You mean what American men think about pubic hair. Not interested in what they think, or even if they can think, which most of them can't.

Don't believe me? Try looking at Donald Trump's approval rating.

And there you go again, talkng like you'd know when you have no $£$%^%%$ clue! Have you even spoken to one American male?

(Edit, I though this was a David comment! Sounded like one!)

Last edited by think positive on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Maybe it's the bisexual part of you

But nah, gay men know how to primp

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:52 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

mate you live your life in the minority with most of your beliefs. Learn to enjoy that rather than being the inmate in the psych ward who thinks he's sane and everyone else is insane.

Some guys have a fetish for obese chicks.
Some people like toe sucking, or frotter, or gerbils or all sorts of things. A fetish is harmless unless you can't get it up without it, then it becomes a worry.

And you did it again with the totally hairless bit.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Lol, ok. What we can say with certainty is that heterosexual males are genetically predisposed to be aroused by female pubic hair. The fact that many seem to have the opposite reaction nowadays shows how powerful culture can be in shaping not just political attitudes but sexual desire.

Has our society 'won' as a result of this obsession with removing body hair? Think about it: hairlessness is a condition that very few heterosexual men coveted a few generations ago. There wasn't a strong demand for it; men didn't look at a nude woman with pubic/underarm hair and go "ewww", they got turned on because that, generally speaking, was what a woman looked like.

Now, as a result of the new cultural norm, many women feel obliged to spend considerable quantities of time and money that they could have directed elsewhere; not so they can look amazing for some special occasion, and not so they can try something different once in a while, but so they can be acceptable. The same goes for make-up. It's not the fact that some women have hairless bodies that I object to, it's the fact that they feel obliged to have hairless bodies because otherwise they'll be disgusting and unsexy.

Can someone explain to me how this is progress?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:07 pm

David wrote:
Lol, ok. What we can say with certainty is that heterosexual males are genetically predisposed to be aroused by female pubic hair. The fact that many seem to have the opposite reaction nowadays shows how powerful culture can be in shaping not just political attitudes but sexual desire.

Has our society 'won' as a result of this obsession with removing body hair? Think about it: hairlessness is a condition that very few heterosexual men coveted a few generations ago. There wasn't a strong demand for it; men didn't look at a nude woman with pubic/underarm hair and go "ewww", they got turned on because that, generally speaking, was what a woman looked like.

Now, as a result of the new cultural norm, many women feel obliged to spend considerable quantities of time and money that they could have directed elsewhere; not so they can look amazing for some special occasion, and not so they can try something different once in a while, but so they can be acceptable. The same goes for make-up. It's not the fact that some women have hairless bodies that I object to, it's the fact that they feel obliged to have hairless bodies because otherwise they'll be disgusting and unsexy.

Can someone explain to me how this is progress?

Who said we feel obliged? I don't. I just don't like seeing hairy armpits or legs in the mirror, and don't get me started on the snail trail!

Same with makeup. I often go out without it! I haven't seen anyone keel over in disgust! I wear it when I feel like it!

Most women like to look good, groomed, or their idea or good/groomed, this whole tattoo and piercing thing, ugh! We don't do it for you, or anyone else, we do it for us!

I'm sick as a dog right now, but I had to go to a friends funeral, so I shaved, got the hair dryer out, and troweled over the flu spots! Put my 'I feel good in them" black pants on, my team of the century Guernsey (he was a Collingwood man, they played the end of both grand finals and the song, and there was a black and white floral "Guernsey on his coffin) and I felt great! Was worth it too! My first big love was there, and all the old crowd! (And yeah I won that round! Hey the living have to keep living!)

Get up, get dressed, make an effort, I hope I never stop doing that! For me. Not for anyone else! And no, my self esteem is not tied up in that!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: