Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Malthouse now

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:16 pm
Post subject: Sack Malthouse nowReply with quote

Something has to be done.

Cole instead of Dal Santo
Molloy for Michael
Williams for Adkins

Took three years to teach 26 to kick.

Still hasn't corrected 20's plethora of kicking problems and tolerates 20 as a key forward who cannot take an overhead or contested mark, instead saying he can be a half forward flank RECEIVING uncontested marks up on the wing!

Dumped 3 for half a year before finally realising he's a wingman (who didn't figure that out the moment you first saw 3?)

Recruits athletes not footballers or shit footballers such as Williams, King, Shokan, J. Cloke.

So frequently does not have a tactical plan B, let alone C, D or E (no goals in a half? Should be trying plan Z by now).

The only factor that saves him is there is no other decent coach out there to replace him.

Last edited by AbsoluteTallant on Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Maxwell and Fanning, shocking decisions indeed.

Oh well, it could be worse, we could have Thomas or Lyon or Harvey.

I love those sack mick calls, who do we get? Some absolute hack coach?

Sack Mick and you may as well hand St Kilda the next 4 flags
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:26 pm

First of 101 "sack" whoever threads to appear on the Collingwood boards this week.
Well done!
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:28 pm

Hi eddiesmith

See my edit. Agree nobody else except Brereton or in fact I think Lyon might make a good coach.

What us sacking our coach has to do with the Aints I really don't know. The Aints cannot be handed a flag. Whatever draft concessions they get, they find a way to lose.

I admit I'm not thinking very objectively as this is our GF this year and I wanted a credible performance.

I don't have a problem with Maxwell either.

The sooner people realise that a football ground is about 10 times bigger than a basketball court and stop pretending basketballers can easily make that transition, the better. Fanning has been good at times but he's that slow to move around the ground, it's amazing for a 'basketballer' (the implication behind that label being 'overly tall yet very athletic')
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:48 pm

Lyon? Surely you are joking?

What does it have to do with the Saints? They would sack Thomas within seconds of us sacking Mick and sign him up and that is what they are lacking, a good coach
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:30 pm

did you call for his sacking last week?
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:51 pm

lol I don't know agree with much of what you say eddie..

But that St.Kilda comment is spot on.
Miz 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:52 pm

Here we go...
Malthouse has a year to run on his contract.

Do you realize that "20" has an injury thats need surgery and that he shouldnt be playing?
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:53 pm

How about putting some thought into before going for the simple "sack him" kneee jerk reaction.
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:07 pm

soon, micks good but after the BL game he migh not be good enough.. get some fu**ing help down there..
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:14 pm

when you look at he alternatives, i have to say we have gotta keep mick.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:15 pm

Brisbane have a lot of great players and when they play as a team, they are just about unstoppable. We have never had a lot of great players but have a great coach who had us playing as a great team. After 2003 we seem to have lost confidence and now only play as a team in bursts. We are realying on individuals to carry us through and we simply dont have enough great individuals.
You do realise the players are human beings and this isnt some Play Station game don't you. They have ups and downs and there is nothing you can do about that. They have been mentally scarred by this mob.
What makes you think MM (or any coach) can simply press a few buttons and suddenly we will have 10 champion players, everyone will pay with confidence, and we will win every game. Football and life aint that simple.
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:18 pm

erm why have brody tag for 3qtrs when he has been one of our good individuals.. lol, we played straight into their hand.. dont you get it..
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:19 pm
Post subject: StrangeReply with quote

I am one who is not calling for MM's sacking. It is too late for that. The problem is bigger than one man.

CFC has a culture crisis which is most evident in the rantings of some of the clowns as supporters who spend all their time bagging anyone who dares question the worst period of prolonged failure in our club history.

There are many who invade this web site and pretend to know something about running a business. Well in my company such clowns never make it beyond the mailroom. The appropriate level of responsibility and executive pitch for their limited IQ. Problem is they actually have a right to speak on such forums and more alarmingly get to vote in elections. But we cannot rule out the club plants who spend their time rebutting any condemnation on these sites cos that's their job. So fair is fair.

So beware of those who condemn anyone who rightfully calls for immediate change at our club. For they are the true problem. Words cannot describe how dumb some of these people are.

Tonight in Brisbane signals a crisis at Collingwood which is more than a score. It is the fact that all that good from wins over West Coast and Geelong is gone in that we have actually gone backwards. And that is the sign of a bigger problem.

The McGuire experiment has clearly failed. We exist to win on field. And on this measure, who can argue we are improving. We have left our 'spiritual' home for a shared facility. A corporate culture and a distancing of traditional core values where Presidential foreign suited lunches are the norm and the common supporter is a mere product to determine yield, rather than people who count.

And I know those swines who invade this website representing the club will condemn me again for these comments, but to you I say don't waste your time. For you are too obvious now.

As a 35 year member I will stand up and demand change and appeal to supporters with any courage to do the same. Ignore those who regularly bag us for daring to question. Let us fight the good fight and restore CFC to it's former glory and dispense with this corporate culture lie that has us breaking all the wrong records and paying huge salaries for the privilege.

I don't want the coach sacked. I want those who allow our football department to go unchecked and unaccountable for this unprecedented failure sacked.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:22 pm

Wow, Hiss...... massive words of wisdom for this time on a saturday night!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: