Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Ferrari-driving kickboxer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern
 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status


Joined: 05 Oct 2001
Location: London, England

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Post subject: Ferrari-driving kickboxerReply with quote

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/ferrari-driving-kickboxer-gets-two-years-for-smash-that-killed-elderly-woman-20180719-p4zseq.html

How does a 26 year old afford a Ferrari? Clearly he didnt know how to drive it either.

On the wrong side of the road, over 50km over the speed limit and driving towards an intersection.

And he only gets 3 yers in the slammer after killing someone.

_________________
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger  
stui magpie 

dum nei, sakte ja


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Where ever i go, there I am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Epping lad, meth and steroids at his house, join the dots to figure out how he paid for a ferrari.

As for the sentance, very weak. He could be out early next year.

Quote:
A FERRARI-driving kickboxer, who caused the death of an elderly woman in a high-speed Melbourne crash, could walk from jail in as little as six months.

Suleiman “Sam” Abdulrahim, 26, who has already spent 519 days in custody, was sentenced by the County Court of Victoria today for a minimum of two years’ imprisonment after the fatal accident on June 27, 2015.


https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/ferraridriving-kickboxer-jailed-for-death-of-grandmother/news-story/bf442f6d6b56e836c81ddf79f7bc7443

_________________
I'd like to apologise to anyone I haven't offended yet. Be patient, I'm working through a list. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if it disagrees with mine, it's wrong.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Pies4shaw 



Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Epping lad, meth and steroids at his house, join the dots to figure out how he paid for a ferrari.

As for the sentance, very weak. He could be out early next year.

Quote:
A FERRARI-driving kickboxer, who caused the death of an elderly woman in a high-speed Melbourne crash, could walk from jail in as little as six months.

Suleiman “Sam” Abdulrahim, 26, who has already spent 519 days in custody, was sentenced by the County Court of Victoria today for a minimum of two years’ imprisonment after the fatal accident on June 27, 2015.


https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/ferraridriving-kickboxer-jailed-for-death-of-grandmother/news-story/bf442f6d6b56e836c81ddf79f7bc7443

You'd really have to sell a fair bit of macramé to get that much. He must be really good.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
David Libra

Reel around the fountain


Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Location: Pripyat, in spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know if people are just bringing it up as interesting trivia, but I’m not sure drug dealing or sports cars are a relevant factor here – the problem was that he was 50 km/h over the limit on the wrong side of the road and caused someone’s death. I don’t think a 1970s Datsun would have caused any less damage.
_________________
"Pence must know that his frantic acts of abusing the sacred Olympics for confrontational ruckus are as foolish and stupid an act as sweeping the sea with a broom" – North Korean newspaper
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  
stui magpie 

dum nei, sakte ja


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Where ever i go, there I am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Epping lad, meth and steroids at his house, join the dots to figure out how he paid for a ferrari.

As for the sentance, very weak. He could be out early next year.

Quote:
A FERRARI-driving kickboxer, who caused the death of an elderly woman in a high-speed Melbourne crash, could walk from jail in as little as six months.

Suleiman “Sam” Abdulrahim, 26, who has already spent 519 days in custody, was sentenced by the County Court of Victoria today for a minimum of two years’ imprisonment after the fatal accident on June 27, 2015.


https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/ferraridriving-kickboxer-jailed-for-death-of-grandmother/news-story/bf442f6d6b56e836c81ddf79f7bc7443

You'd really have to sell a fair bit of macramé to get that much. He must be really good.


Well, at 26 he's "retired" from the ring and earned enough to buy a ferarri. There's more lucrative professions for people who have a talent for hurting others than fighting in a ring (unless you're really really good)

_________________
I'd like to apologise to anyone I haven't offended yet. Be patient, I'm working through a list. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if it disagrees with mine, it's wrong.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
stui magpie 

dum nei, sakte ja


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Where ever i go, there I am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I don’t know if people are just bringing it up as interesting trivia, but I’m not sure drug dealing or sports cars are a relevant factor here – the problem was that he was 50 km/h over the limit on the wrong side of the road and caused someone’s death. I don’t think a 1970s Datsun would have caused any less damage.


It is a distraction. Put a skinny white kid in a datsun 1600 doing the same speed with the same priors and the sentence is still manifestly inadequate.

_________________
I'd like to apologise to anyone I haven't offended yet. Be patient, I'm working through a list. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if it disagrees with mine, it's wrong.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
swoop42 Virgo

The Flash


Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Location: The 22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I don’t know if people are just bringing it up as interesting trivia, but I’m not sure drug dealing or sports cars are a relevant factor here – the problem was that he was 50 km/h over the limit on the wrong side of the road and caused someone’s death. I don’t think a 1970s Datsun would have caused any less damage.


It's relevant to the extent that if he was a drug dealer or muscle for hire then it says a lot about the content of his character.

Even I think this sentence is manifestly inadequate and believe if you are a repeat offender of similar offences that eventually lead to a tragic outcome you shouldn't receive any leniency in sentencing as no doubt you've already been given your opportunity to reform in the past.

_________________
I am not an animal!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group