Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beating the Old Enemy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should all feel a little empathy for poor Brendan Bolton.

What the hell is he going to do when he realises SOS is clueless?

Take him on?
Or just walk away?

They were the worst list EVER last year.

Living certainties for the Spoon in 2016
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:27 pm

I call it Hades. Are you asking about he or she've?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Guys, we've just done a thread on this last month FFS...

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=78295&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Collingwood Carlton Win Loss History

Anyhoo...

jackcass wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Is it 3 more wins before we square the ledger on win/loss ratio?

There appeared a time in the 90's we would never catch them.

Yes but with prospective ladder positions and the vagaries of the new draw, we'll likely only get to play them once a season for at least the next few years.

Johnno75, sad days in the mid 90s indeed... from late 1993 to early 2000, we only beat them f*cking twice: 1994 [McGuane's run] and 1998.
In that time, they played in three Grand Finals, losing both 1993 & 1999.
Too bad, so sad beatches. Razz

jackcass, IF, and I do say IF, our crowds respond to the two Saturday fixtures against Carlton, and turn up en masse if we are winning, just like the good old days,
then I'd suggest we'd be a certainty to get to play them twice a season for the foreseeable future, regardless of where each team finishes on the ladder in 2016. Reckon Eddie would have some say in that too...

Presti35 wrote:
Slightly off topic, but like many of you, I've been keeping track of the win-loss ratio, and as it's been mentioned, Carlton have won three games more than we have.
It'll be a sweet day when we overtake them. It's taken a long time to get it down so low...

The two losses to them in 2012 were ridiculous. But yes, we've won 15 of the last 20 against them.

But yeah, as far as the win streak against Carlton, lets hope we don't drop it now!

Presti35, jump on that link above, and read Jezza, King Monkey and myself going off our f*cking dials over those wasted 2012 losses... Confused

Dyso

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:24 am

^^ yeah very surprised we ended up playing the Blues twice in 2016 although the vagaries of the draw allow for us to play up to 1x top 6 side and 1x bottom 6 side twice. Hopefully we get 2 more back on them.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:51 am

piedys wrote:
Presti35, jump on that link above, and read Jezza, King Monkey and myself going off our f*cking dials over those wasted 2012 losses... Confused

Thanks piedys. Just don't know whether to laugh or cry.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:50 am

Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:

Wasted losses… they smashed us! The 3 amigos were too good and overall they had a good running game - I remember they played the Hawks in one of the best games of the year. They were just a little too soft int he middle though and down back which meant they lost a few more than they should of and they gave Ratten the boot with Mick circling.

The damage Mick did to their list and confidence should not be forgotten. He took away their strengths (running etc) and made them play a style they were not suited to and ultimately see them plummet to the depths of the comp!

They will be there for a few years yet - the other teams around them have much more promising lists. Kick em while they are down I say… and enjoy each and every victory over the 'old' foes - who now join the Dees and a team that once were… but are no more Smile

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Hopefully there's two more wins next year! Smile

We're nearly there!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:23 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:

Wasted losses… they smashed us! The 3 amigos were too good and overall they had a good running game ... they lost a few more than they should of and they gave Ratten the boot with Mick circling.

The damage Mick did to their list and confidence should not be forgotten. He took away their strengths (running etc) and made them play a style they were not suited to and ultimately see them plummet to the depths of the comp!

They will be there for a few years yet - the other teams around them have much more promising lists. Kick em while they are down I say… and enjoy each and every victory over the 'old' foes - who now join the Dees and a team that once were… but are no more Smile

Well... wasted in the sense that Buckley BRAGGED to the media prior to both games that we were going to win, and got dusted in the process.

However, we had a winning streak going back to 2009 against them, and were close to closing "that gap", and yet it seemed the teams' efforts bordered on half-arsed in both these encounters. Thus wasted.

We also need to break a geometrical pattern here... dual loses to them in Olympic years: 1996 / 2000 [once] / 2004 / 2008 / 2012 ... oh shit....

And poor Ratten's sacking was an over-reaction to the 2012 GCS loss.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:55 am

piedys wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:

Wasted losses… they smashed us! The 3 amigos were too good and overall they had a good running game ... they lost a few more than they should of and they gave Ratten the boot with Mick circling.

Well... wasted in the sense that Buckley BRAGGED to the media prior to both games that we were going to win, and got dusted in the process.

However, we had a winning streak going back to 2009 against them, and were close to closing "that gap", and yet it seemed the teams' efforts bordered on half-arsed in both these encounters. Thus wasted.

We also need to break a geometrical pattern here... dual loses to them in Olympic years: 1996 / 2000 [once] / 2004 / 2008 / 2012 ... oh shit....

Good pick-up onto leap year hoodoo… I have a feeling that will be broken in 2016 - Mick was a sliding door that has altered the space-time fabric and all geometric functions, thus sending the Bloozers to new depths of depravity Smile

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:19 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
piedys wrote:

Good pick-up onto leap year hoodoo… I have a feeling that will be broken in 2016 - Mick was a sliding door that has altered the space-time fabric and all geometric functions, thus sending the Bloozers to new depths of depravity Smile

Good call - and now that we have a Treloarean [copyright DejaVu], we can certainly control the future, if nothing else! Razz

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:17 pm

piedys wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:

It's a trend I also noticed Dyso especially after the disappointments of 2008 and 2012.

Carlton are very weak and with our improving list I can't see them troubling us too much next year! If we're serious about wanting to play finals next year we should win both games with relative ease.

cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:38 am

piedys wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:

Well...we were miles better than the Blooz in 2009, yet Malthouse was out-coached by Ratten both times and they pantsed us by 50 plus points both games.

The Blooz have been a rabble since 2002, yet they managed to do the double over us in 2004, 2009 and 2012.

That is horrible.

We should already be in front of these turds and putting daylight between us and them.

Having said that, with our list rebuild nearly complete and the Blooz at Year Zero, I earnestly believe we should smack these retards around for the next decade.

They have become the new Fitzroy...a team clinging to faded glories.

May it long continue.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:16 pm

Jezza wrote:
It's a trend I also noticed Dyso especially after the disappointments of 2008 and 2012.

Well, thank f*ck we broke that olympic leap-year hoodoo thing.
After all that, we effectively made no ground in closing "the gap", we broke even for the 2016 season.
We must strive for two wins against the scum in 2017.
Hopefully under a new coaching regime. Clean sweep please.
Regardless of last night's result, the standard was simply appaling, bordering on unwatchable, and a change is obvioulsy needed.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Relief to end the leap year drought, but we still need to aim to surpass the head-to-head record against them.

As it stands:

Carlton 126-123 Collingwood, 4 draws.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:38 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
hubris.

this thread just guaranteed a loss to the Blues in 2016.

Told ya so!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: