Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#14 James Aish

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Sam McClure's already done the deal for us. It's our 2016 first round pick for Aish and our 2015 first rounder for Treloar. Done.

Sounds alright. It'd be better to get a couple high draft picks to the club who have been in the system for a couple of years. That way they can slot straight into the team and we don't gave to wait a couple of years for them to come on. That's provided Aish can recapture some form.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:23 am

The Bears' official view on trading Aish is set out in the following article:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-19/lions-confident-martin-will-stay-resigned-to-losing-aish

They want a first-rounder, perhaps a 2016 first-rounder.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:37 am

Dangles wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Sam McClure's already done the deal for us. It's our 2016 first round pick for Aish and our 2015 first rounder for Treloar. Done.

Sounds alright. It'd be better to get a couple high draft picks to the club who have been in the system for a couple of years. That way they can slot straight into the team and we don't gave to wait a couple of years for them to come on. That's provided Aish can recapture some form.

I don't disagree with that but I think some caution is required. The Club presumably thought that Karnezis might just slot into the senior team after he got clear of his injuries. That hasn't proved to be the case.

Obvious talent will get you drafted but it won't make you a senior footballer. Without wishing to make any comparison of the 2 players, it is, perhaps, worth observing that Aish's output is behind Tommy Langdon's, even though Aish played 2 more games than Langdon in 2014. In fact, his statistical output is about the same as Jarryd Blair's (although he doesn't hit the scoreboard nearly as often as Blair). Looking at the figures, you'd have to be very confident that he's been "playing dead" at Brisbane or you wouldn't give up too much for him.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:12 am

swoop42 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

May not need a 1st rd pick for Aish. We might get away with 2 players or 1 player and 2nd rd pick. Apparently there keen on Seedy and Oxley is a Qld lad so might be some chance with 1 or both of them.
Be handy to save some powder in our kit bag for 2016 onwards in draft picks. Never know what we might be able to snag.
Use 2015 for Treloar as there appears to be not much depth this year so mightn't hurt to take someone you have seen play AFL than punt on a rookie.

To be honest I'm not sure if Brisbane are interested in the above named players or it's simply journalists rehashing trade suggestions featured on sites like here.

We would expect a first rounder for Shazza so it's only fair Brisbane would expect the same for Aish.

If they are interested in any players then it could lead us to only having to give up a second rounder though they may want the deals done separately or use there willingness to accept 2016 picks instead of this season to get a better deal for themselves as they know we're after Treloar.

Treloar will cost our first and second round selections this year at a guess.

really? Is Treloar the caliber of player that Dayne Beams was at the itme he was traded. He may be (I don't know much about him), but a first AND second rounder would need to be a pretty darn good player, particularly if the first pick is 7! You can get a Darcy Moore for 7 remember (and a Dayne Beams at 25).

themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:27 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
The Bears' official view on trading Aish is set out in the following article:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-19/lions-confident-martin-will-stay-resigned-to-losing-aish

They want a first-rounder, perhaps a 2016 first-rounder.

If the opening offer is a 1st rounder we should provide a 2nd round pick, then slowly introduce Seedsman or Oxley into the mix.

As for our 2016 1st rounder, that should be used for Lynch Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:39 am

E wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

May not need a 1st rd pick for Aish. We might get away with 2 players or 1 player and 2nd rd pick. Apparently there keen on Seedy and Oxley is a Qld lad so might be some chance with 1 or both of them.
Be handy to save some powder in our kit bag for 2016 onwards in draft picks. Never know what we might be able to snag.
Use 2015 for Treloar as there appears to be not much depth this year so mightn't hurt to take someone you have seen play AFL than punt on a rookie.

To be honest I'm not sure if Brisbane are interested in the above named players or it's simply journalists rehashing trade suggestions featured on sites like here.

We would expect a first rounder for Shazza so it's only fair Brisbane would expect the same for Aish.

If they are interested in any players then it could lead us to only having to give up a second rounder though they may want the deals done separately or use there willingness to accept 2016 picks instead of this season to get a better deal for themselves as they know we're after Treloar.

Treloar will cost our first and second round selections this year at a guess.

really? Is Treloar the caliber of player that Dayne Beams was at the itme he was traded. He may be (I don't know much about him), but a first AND second rounder would need to be a pretty darn good player, particularly if the first pick is 7! You can get a Darcy Moore for 7 remember (and a Dayne Beams at 25).

Treloar is younger and theoretically has more years left as an elite player.

I think that buys GWS that second rounder unless a player is involved.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:03 am

swoop42 wrote:
Treloar is younger and theoretically has more years left as an elite player.

I think that buys GWS that second rounder unless a player is involved.

Assuming he gets there some time soon.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:08 am

He already is.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:13 am

Believe nothing of what you hear & only half of what you see...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:39 am

^^^ That's who we need - a coaching double of Marvin Gaye and John Fogerty.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:43 am

I think it would be a mistake to get both Treloar and Aish. One or the other, but not both. I'd like to see us land an established player who's about 23-25. We need to top up with some extra experience. Treloar looks like he could be good but still unproven and Aish hasn't really shown his potential as yet so to trade out all of our picks along with some players is risky.

I've read that Oxley could be part of a trade for Aish. Why on Earth would we want to trade him??? He's shown much more than Aish has but I guess having the reputation of being a low draft pick can allow one's reputation to exceed them.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:50 am

swoop42 wrote:
He already is.

Yeah..... nah!
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:20 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I doubt there have been any serious talks between clubs as yet, so I'd dismiss any of the specific trade suggestions.

Talks between clubs maybe not, but between managers and new clubs, for sure. The rules are a total joke. Henderson announced he is leaving the Blues this morning and we all know where he is going. How do we know? Because clubs are talking to players all the time. Well, at least to their managers and therefore the players. Do we think that Patrick Dangerfield hasn't been party to talks about where he wants to play?

The AFL really needs to tighten the rules and act on the breaches or just throw the rule out the window. It is pretty laughable. Having said that, if the AFL turns a blind eye so that talks are freely held between Geelong/Dangerfield, Geelong/Henderson, Sydney/Franklin and the like, then we need to exploit the rule too.

I suspect we have been into Aish for 12 months. He knows we were interested big-time last year. I'd be surprised if we hadn't told him that we'd be looking to draft him in 2015 after Brisbane refused to deal in the Beams trade. He would be very aware that we would be one of the clubs courting him.

He would have told his manager that certain clubs were off the table wouldn't he? He'd not be interested in playing for wooden-spoon contender, Carlton and Essendon would be off the list too. Collingwood is a pretty good looking destination though.

Fingers crossed the deals are agreed to in-principle and just need the clubs to thrash out the details.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Did you hear that on the grapevine?

We're recruiting Proud Mary Shocked

Who's providing the sexual healing?

Looks like deja vu all over again.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:41 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Did you hear that on the grapevine?

We're recruiting Proud Mary Shocked

Who's providing the sexual healing?

Looks like deja vu all over again.

No, to put it correctly in its Cosmo's Factory vernacular, "I hoid it to the gapebine".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 7 of 117   

Jump to: