Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#14 James Aish

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam McClure at 3AW has just tweeted:
Collingwood to trade 2016 pick to secure Treloar and Aish, says Sam McClure

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/collingwood-to-trade-future-picks-in-bid-to-secure-treloar-and-aish-says-sam-mcclure-20150819-gj35gv.html

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:29 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
He's a good player with quality ball use being his best asset. Lacking in strength and mostly outside but we could do with another of those. A strong family history in the game is always a good sign of a smart player too.

Has had a difficult year with injury this season after a very good rookie year. It's also been pretty clear he's been leaving for a while and that's likely had something to do with the poor year. I reckon he wanted out last off-season when the Lions were trading with us.

Hine says we were very close to taking him over Scharenberg with height being the main decider in the end (Aish is 184cm). So we definitely rate him. All the talk is that it's between us and the Blues. You'd think if we offer enough money he's ours in that case.

The talk in the papers in Qld have been all year he wants out doesn't like Brisbane at all (not the club the city)
Andrew Hamilton has written several times here who the club should trade with to help there list gaps with.
He has said they need players with AFL experience and especially defenders.
Aish would have to nominate his club of preference (my understanding)
I doubt Carlton would be appealing unless he's all about the $$$$
They won't be giving up there 1st round pick for the foreseeable future SOS has said. So that puts us in the box seat plus the Scharenberg link.
Get it done Derek
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:38 pm

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/matthew-scharenberg-could-stay-at-collingwood-despite-trade-rumours/story-fndv8g1a-1227490407982
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:40 pm

Just read the article that Stui provided (Herald Sun). I then foolishly read on to the comments section. Christ I almost knocked my own teeth out.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/matthew-scharenberg-could-stay-at-collingwood-despite-trade-rumours/story-fndv8g1a-1227490407982
Are we still talking about Don't they all ?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Sam McClure at 3AW has just tweeted:
Collingwood to trade 2016 pick to secure Treloar and Aish, says Sam McClure

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/collingwood-to-trade-future-picks-in-bid-to-secure-treloar-and-aish-says-sam-mcclure-20150819-gj35gv.html

I'd be comfortable with that scenario as I'm reasonably confident we can and will make finals in 2016 thus our first round selection will be outside the top 10.

We can always look to get back into the first round this year or next via the draft depending on what Scharenberg decides or how the ruck setup is progressing.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Ok so how do we get Aish and Treloar to Collingwood and who do we trade to bring them across. We really only have our first rounder and probably a small handful of players of value. I could see us getting one of these guys... for a price, but the both of them would probably see us parting with some quality players in the end.

What do the brisbane beggars need? defenders? midfielders? I know the giants need picks. Our first should suffice. I'm guessing there'll be some serious 3-way action again in the off-season folks.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:20 pm

^^Sam McClure's already done the deal for us. It's our 2016 first round pick for Aish and our 2015 first rounder for Treloar. Done.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:40 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Sam McClure's already done the deal for us. It's our 2016 first round pick for Aish and our 2015 first rounder for Treloar. Done.

May not need a 1st rd pick for Aish. We might get away with 2 players or 1 player and 2nd rd pick. Apparently there keen on Seedy and Oxley is a Qld lad so might be some chance with 1 or both of them.
Be handy to save some powder in our kit bag for 2016 onwards in draft picks. Never know what we might be able to snag.
Use 2015 for Treloar as there appears to be not much depth this year so mightn't hurt to take someone you have seen play AFL than punt on a rookie.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:59 pm
Post subject: Re: [Rumor]Aish to CollingwoodReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
3AW's Sam Mcleure Tweeted that Aish wants to come to Collingwood.

Don't know how reliable he is though

McLure is elite in his fact finding and less annoying than Purple!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:09 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

May not need a 1st rd pick for Aish. We might get away with 2 players or 1 player and 2nd rd pick. Apparently there keen on Seedy and Oxley is a Qld lad so might be some chance with 1 or both of them.
Be handy to save some powder in our kit bag for 2016 onwards in draft picks. Never know what we might be able to snag.
Use 2015 for Treloar as there appears to be not much depth this year so mightn't hurt to take someone you have seen play AFL than punt on a rookie.

To be honest I'm not sure if Brisbane are interested in the above named players or it's simply journalists rehashing trade suggestions featured on sites like here.

We would expect a first rounder for Shazza so it's only fair Brisbane would expect the same for Aish.

If they are interested in any players then it could lead us to only having to give up a second rounder though they may want the deals done separately or use there willingness to accept 2016 picks instead of this season to get a better deal for themselves as they know we're after Treloar.

Treloar will cost our first and second round selections this year at a guess.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:15 am

I doubt there have been any serious talks between clubs as yet, so I'd dismiss any of the specific trade suggestions.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:59 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
I doubt there have been any serious talks between clubs as yet, so I'd dismiss any of the specific trade suggestions.

Does seem tad early for Trades to be Already Confirmed

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:02 am

When was this exactly?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:16 am

swoop42 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

To be honest I'm not sure if Brisbane are interested in the above named players or it's simply journalists rehashing trade suggestions featured on sites like here.

We would expect a first rounder for Shazza so it's only fair Brisbane would expect the same for Aish.

If they are interested in any players then it could lead us to only having to give up a second rounder though they may want the deals done separately or use there willingness to accept 2016 picks instead of this season to get a better deal for themselves as they know we're after Treloar.

Treloar will cost our first and second round selections this year at a guess.

True swoop only repeating what Andrew Hamilton has reported during the year. The lions do have a a huge experience void.
Staker looks done Martin is looking elsewhere were, Leuinberger is on other clubs radar, Merritt is at the end, plus they lost Adcock, Brown Black just from memory the past few years. So players with AFL experience might be appealing to them.
I agree we should expect to trade them a fair deal to get Aish. They might however take a player/s and a lower pick or bank some extra picks for 2016 when the draft may be stronger than go into this years reported weaker draft with multiple 1st rd pick. They can still finish with #1 pick on %.
That might be enough for them this year to get the young forward they require.
It's to early to see how the cards will fall.
SOS said Carlton won't be trading away high draft picks any time soon. So that takes them out of the fight for Aish.
Correct me if I'm wrong Aish gets to nominate the club of his choice right ?
So it would be a Melbourne club presumably unless he really wants to go to SA then the lions will only get future picks as the crows won't have a decent pick unless they do a multiple way deal involving Dangerfield to Geelong, Motlop to someone with a high 1st rd pick (he won't suit many clubs needs if there rebuilding especially Brisbane they have too many small forward types now) and Port have a load of midfielders now so can't see them taking another giving up draft picks to sterghtne other areas they need too so I see us being in the best position if he wants to come to Melboune. Demons showed the past couple years there in the long rebuild going to the draft and only using lower picks in trades. However they might be a player this year if they could secure a Aish or Treloar type to add some class in there mid field.
October will be interesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 6 of 117   

Jump to: