Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#14 James Aish

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he any good?I don't take much notice of players from other clubs,especially the younger ones.
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:18 pm

Don't they all?
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Rex,you're repeating yourself^
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:21 pm

I have a stutter, well the computer does
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:28 pm

3 Always Wrong and mcClure together doesn't fill me with hope.

But they're only a week behind so not bad.

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD could secure prized midfield pair Adam Treloar and James Aish as part of a double hit in this year’s trade period.

The Magpies remain in the box seat to secure Greater Western Sydney’s Treloar using its first-round draft choice in a trade with the Giants.

Collingwood is set to miss finals, giving it an earlier pick to satisfy GWS than fellow suitors North Melbourne and Richmond.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-is-hopeful-of-securing-adam-treloar-and-james-aish-during-afl-trade-period/story-fn69a32t-1227479263831

If it's paywalled, figure it out.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Aish doesn't excite me that much. He's had a pretty ordinary year. Could be that he's unhappy at Brisbane. Could be he's no good. But I guess we could find a spot on the list for him if we don't have to give up too much. Maybe there'll be a three way deal between Collingwood, Adelaide and Brisbane. With us getting Aish, Adelaide getting Shazza and Brisbane getting something from Adelaide.
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:45 pm

http://m.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/matthew-scharenberg-could-stay-at-collingwood-despite-trade-rumours/story-fniv64s8-1227490407982#load-story-comments

Landsberger agrees. Also thinks Schaz is a good chance to stay. Not sure how we're getting all these trades done though.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:53 pm

In fairness, his first year was way better than his second. Pretty sure he was fourth behind Lewis Taylor and the Bont ( and someone else ) in the rising star.
I believe before he was drafted, he played in two SANFL grand finals as a teenager ( I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong )
I'm not a huge fan either but he has speed on the outside and is a reasonable user of the pill.
To me, it depends on Seedsman and if the club believe the Seed has been playing at less than 100 % health, then I wouldn't be in any hurry to go chasing Aish.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:54 pm

I am of the understanding that Scharenberg is trying to convince Aish to come to the Pies
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
3 Always Wrong and mcClure together doesn't fill me with hope.

But they're only a week behind so not bad.

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD could secure prized midfield pair Adam Treloar and James Aish as part of a double hit in this year’s trade period.

The Magpies remain in the box seat to secure Greater Western Sydney’s Treloar using its first-round draft choice in a trade with the Giants.

Collingwood is set to miss finals, giving it an earlier pick to satisfy GWS than fellow suitors North Melbourne and Richmond.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-is-hopeful-of-securing-adam-treloar-and-james-aish-during-afl-trade-period/story-fn69a32t-1227479263831

If it's paywalled, figure it out.

I been told Sam McLeure is 1 of the more Accurate ones

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Dave, he may well be but the days of these radio clowns being serious journos who get genuine info is well and truly over. Making shit up for ratings is SOP.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Making me what?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave, he may well be but the days of these radio clowns being serious journos who get genuine info is well and truly over. Making shit up for ratings is SOP.

So Any Report comes out. You just Don’t Believe it and IF in Paper. Might as well use it as Toliet Paper?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Well if we are to keep Scharenberg and then obtain Aish and Treloar it would be a huge coup for the club in the trade period.
It would also mean we won't be taking Weideman. We would most likely have to give up that pick as part of the Treloar deal. Also we would most likely have to give up 2 players and a 2nd round pick or 2016 1st round pick plus a Seedsman to land Aish.
Scharenberg's ties to Aish are vital in my opinion. Apparently they are best of mates and could our keenness on Aish be the carrot to keep Scharenberg as well.
We would have a hell of a mid field rotation and undoubted backline depth. I still see Scharenberg as a wing/mid going forward just because he has that uncoachable asset of time to think. The one consistent thing you hear from the so called experts on telecasts is he has that and he reminds them of a young Pendlebury
Let's hope it's true and he stays and we land the other 2 will be a promising off season
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:22 pm

He's a good player with quality ball use being his best asset. Lacking in strength and mostly outside but we could do with another of those. A strong family history in the game is always a good sign of a smart player too.

Has had a difficult year with injury this season after a very good rookie year. It's also been pretty clear he's been leaving for a while and that's likely had something to do with the poor year. I reckon he wanted out last off-season when the Lions were trading with us.

Hine says we were very close to taking him over Scharenberg with height being the main decider in the end (Aish is 184cm). So we definitely rate him. All the talk is that it's between us and the Blues. You'd think if we offer enough money he's ours in that case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 5 of 117   

Jump to: