Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#14 James Aish

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
I think James Aish is travelling a little bit similar to the way Bryce Gibbs started his journey.Both high quality football pedigrees from SA and huge expectations from the supporters.I know a lot of Carlton supporters would have been happy to see the back of Gibbs in his early days.I doubt very much they would be even thinking that thought these days. Aish will be no different and will be our X factor player.I like him.

great call!

He's already a 3rd year player, so I don't think we can afford to keep him on the list for another 5 years until he comes good! Wink
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Yes, a third year player but he was one of the youngest taken in that draft (he's 6 months older than De Goey). He is also only a first year Pie. So far in his three years he has shown more than the likes of Broomhead and Kennedy who were taken a year earlier. His first season was very good, his second marred by injury and being on the outer with his club, his third has not yet got going.

He's 20.5 years old. He hasn't shown much as a Pie yet but he is a player of definite talent and it is completely unfair to write him off or be overly critical of him just yet.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:41 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
I think James Aish is travelling a little bit similar to the way Bryce Gibbs started his journey.Both high quality football pedigrees from SA and huge expectations from the supporters.I know a lot of Carlton supporters would have been happy to see the back of Gibbs in his early days.I doubt very much they would be even thinking that thought these days. Aish will be no different and will be our X factor player.I like him.

great call!

He's already a 3rd year player, so I don't think we can afford to keep him on the list for another 5 years until he comes good! Wink

Giving someone 5 years to prove they can do the job? Im assuming the wink indicates the tongue is firmly in cheek....

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
mudlark wrote:

great call!

Probably have a premiership medal or 2 by then rudey!! Shocked
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:09 pm

mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
mudlark wrote:

great call!

You mean he'll miss the other couple!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:46 pm

jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
mudlark wrote:

great call!

You mean he'll miss the other couple!

Given how highly rated he was by our recruiters, I'm prepared to give the kid some time to find his feet and develop some poise and confidence. I'm not damning the kid at all, just stating the fact that I haven't seen anything from him to make me think he's been a great pick up. I'd be happy to let him spend the whole year in the VFL if it helped him make a big impact in the seniors next year.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:46 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Yes, a third year player but he was one of the youngest taken in that draft (he's 6 months older than De Goey). He is also only a first year Pie. So far in his three years he has shown more than the likes of Broomhead and Kennedy who were taken a year earlier. His first season was very good, his second marred by injury and being on the outer with his club, his third has not yet got going.

He's 20.5 years old. He hasn't shown much as a Pie yet but he is a player of definite talent and it is completely unfair to write him off or be overly critical of him just yet.

Yep. Way to early to Write Him off. At least give him 2 Full Seasons

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:01 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Given how highly rated he was by our recruiters, I'm prepared to give the kid some time to find his feet and develop some poise and confidence. I'm not damning the kid at all, just stating the fact that I haven't seen anything from him to make me think he's been a great pick up. I'd be happy to let him spend the whole year in the VFL if it helped him make a big impact in the seniors next year.

Completely understand Rudie, copping similar flak for questioning Moore's impact over on BF.
nuccio 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:09 pm

there is no way a player would be at the club if bucks didn't rate them ....no way
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:31 pm

I'd like to see Aish when we have our full compliment of mids all fit and no niggles.Swan,Pendles,Sidey,Adams,Trealor Crisp and Levi with Aish roaming in and around the half forward line.I think our time is coming and if and when we can settle our backline,without having to play Aish as a half back,we'll see his true value.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:59 pm

mudlark wrote:
I'd like to see Aish when we have our full compliment of mids all fit and no niggles.Swan,Pendles,Sidey,Adams,Trealor Crisp and Levi with Aish roaming in and around the half forward line.I think our time is coming and if and when we can settle our backline,without having to play Aish as a half back,we'll see his true value.

I truly hope the kid comes good as you suggest, but in all honesty, young Crocker has already shown much more promise than Aish, a 3rd year player.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:42 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:

I truly hope the kid comes good as you suggest, but in all honesty, young Crocker has already shown much more promise than Aish, a 3rd year player.
3rd year maybe but two of those where at brislame, not renown for their development of youngsters who want to go home, his second year they knew he was leaving and would of put 0% into him, he's not the average 3rd year player, probably safer to judge him as a second year player.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:47 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-17/vfl-highlights-aishs-best

Highlights from VFL Game

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:

At Collingwood? Maybe, though I'd argue it; certainly not over the full career. Ideally Crocker wouldn't be playing right now and likely won't be shortly.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:27 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:

At Collingwood? Maybe, though I'd argue it; certainly not over the full career. Ideally Crocker wouldn't be playing right now and likely won't be shortly.

I'm only interested in their form at Collingwood. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 88 of 117   

Jump to: