Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Not so sure about that Dave. He would know plenty but wouldn't be permitted to say anything 'sensitive' unless it was cleared from upstairs. Guess next week's Monday with Maxy will be pretty much a generic affair.

Agree, I would be shocked if he named ( Collingwood ) names. It will be more about positional requirements and needs.
I would be really disappointed if he put a Colingwood players name up and I would like to think the club is better than that.

All good things come to those who wait.

In the USA, word got out during a game that a player from my baseball team (the Mets) had been traded. Word got out during the actual game. The fans gave him a standing ovation to thank him for his efforts for the mets and once he realized why they were clapping, he started to cry on the field. the Mets were his only team and he loved the place and was really genuinely sad.

About 2 hours later, the Mets confirmed it was a false rumor. Funny thing is that the guy was treated by Mets fans in kind of the same way that Jarrod Blair is treated by us on this site until this moment and now the guy is a cult hero and very much still with the team.

Asprilla97 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:15 am

E wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Not so sure about that Dave. He would know plenty but wouldn't be permitted to say anything 'sensitive' unless it was cleared from upstairs. Guess next week's Monday with Maxy will be pretty much a generic affair.

Agree, I would be shocked if he named ( Collingwood ) names. It will be more about positional requirements and needs.
I would be really disappointed if he put a Colingwood players name up and I would like to think the club is better than that.

In the USA, word got out during a game that a player from my baseball team (the Mets) had been traded. Word got out during the actual game. The fans gave him a standing ovation to thank him for his efforts for the mets and once he realized why they were clapping, he started to cry on the field. the Mets were his only team and he loved the place and was really genuinely sad.

About 2 hours later, the Mets confirmed it was a false rumor. Funny thing is that the guy was treated by Mets fans in kind of the same way that Jarrod Blair is treated by us on this site until this moment and now the guy is a cult hero and very much still with the team.

E, I'm an avid Mets fan as well, and not to get off topic but as I recall the trade with the Brewers wasn't false, it fell through due to the Mets concerns about the health of the incoming player (Carlos Gomez I think?). Had back issues so the Mets cooled off and Flores and Wheeler stayed with the team.

You're point is well made however that players do hear the trade rumours and are not immune to the impacts on an emotional level which can effect performance even though they are professional athletes. Something everyone should remember when commenting on player trades (whether there is any substance there or not).

Az 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:03 am

Rexy17 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
@ScotPalmer: My spies at Pieland tell me Adam Treloar will join the flock along with an exciting young aboriginal. Bad luck Tiges, Blues and whoever.

Jetta ?

Probably a fringe player from GWS thrown in as a sweetener for us giving up 2 first rounders. Curtly Hampton.

186 cm 88 kg defender. Because why not add to the plethora of HBFers we already have.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:03 am

Collingwood supporter and AFL journalist Peter Ryan, writes that Richmond may steal Treloar from under our noses.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-31/can-the-tigers-snare-adam-treloar

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:49 am

Just a question is Gubby Allen still at GWS ? If so would he do a better deal for is than tigers or scum ?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:06 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Collingwood supporter and AFL journalist Peter Ryan, writes that Richmond may steal Treloar from under our noses.

why the qualification and what's the relevance of the journo being a collingwood supporter?

E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:16 am

Asprilla97 wrote:
E wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

E, I'm an avid Mets fan as well, and not to get off topic but as I recall the trade with the Brewers wasn't false, it fell through due to the Mets concerns about the health of the incoming player (Carlos Gomez I think?). Had back issues so the Mets cooled off and Flores and Wheeler stayed with the team.

You're point is well made however that players do hear the trade rumours and are not immune to the impacts on an emotional level which can effect performance even though they are professional athletes. Something everyone should remember when commenting on player trades (whether there is any substance there or not).

its not surprising that a collingwood supporter is more inclined to be a mets fan than a Yankees fan. Its the suffering right?

My point is that a trade is not a trade until its done and that trade wasnt done, but social media confirmed it as done. as in during the trade period. Everything else is just a possible trade no matter who confirms it.

If you want another example, look into what happened to De Andre Jordan on the LA Clippers. He actually confirmed he was going to Dallas as a free agent, but then once trade week started, he renegged and stayed with the clippers.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:52 am

John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

why the qualification and what's the relevance of the journo being a collingwood supporter?

The only way Richmond get Treloar is if he nominates them.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Az wrote:
Rexy17 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
@ScotPalmer: My spies at Pieland tell me Adam Treloar will join the flock along with an exciting young aboriginal. Bad luck Tiges, Blues and whoever.

Jetta ?

Probably a fringe player from GWS thrown in as a sweetener for us giving up 2 first rounders. Curtly Hampton.

186 cm 88 kg defender. Because why not add to the plethora of HBFers we already have.

Just checked his twitter handle, like a lot of these platforms, its open to identity theft. Looking at his other tweets, Im not convinced he is the genuine article. Time will tell.

As for Hampton, he is recognized as an unfulfilled talent. This guy has the tools to play in a number of positions if he gets his head right. I wouldn't think we would entertain him as just another HBFer if he made his way to the Pies.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Az wrote:
Rexy17 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Jetta ?

Just checked his twitter handle, like a lot of these platforms, its open to identity theft. Looking at his other tweets, Im not convinced he is the genuine article. Time will tell.

As for Hampton, he is recognized as an unfulfilled talent. This guy has the tools to play in a number of positions if he gets his head right. I wouldn't think we would entertain him as just another HBFer if he made his way to the Pies.

Bennell? Pickett? Numbers of options.
4everpies 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Az wrote:
Rexy17 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Jetta ?

I think it might be legit. Glenn McFarlane from the Herald Sun sent a tweet in March 2013 letting everyone know that Scotty Palmer had joined twitter.

Here is the link:
https://twitter.com/maccaheraldsun/status/308795318894460931
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 pm

4everpies wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Az wrote:
Rexy17 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Jetta ?

I think it might be legit. Glenn McFarlane from the Herald Sun sent a tweet in March 2013 letting everyone know that Scotty Palmer had joined twitter.

Here is the link:
https://twitter.com/maccaheraldsun/status/308795318894460931

Fair enough, I just found some of his other tweets a little '' odd '', even for old Scotty. Not to sure about the avatar either. Doesn't matter, we will all find out soon enough.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Starting to sound like he will stay a Giant Sad
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Starting to sound like he will stay a Giant Sad

Great news.

Now let's get two gun KPP...... Rolling Eyes Piss White off.

FFS, we are NOT going to win finals with a forward line of Elliot, Blair and Fasolo.... Evil or Very Mad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Has Treloar himself said anything, DTM - or are you just referring to Leon Cameron's comments in this:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-03/treloar-wants-to-stay

?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 37 of 199   

Jump to: