Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Treloar is borderline elite at only 22 years of age. He only has scope to improve. People are kidding themselves if they think he is average plodder.

He is an upgrade on Beams (because he has a defensive side to his game).

Quality goal kicking midfielders are not often available - send Witts and a pick. Cheers
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:10 am

^^^ Being an upgrade on Beams doesn't make him elite, just means he wouldn't be a complete liability in finals.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:23 am

Do not get rid of Witts. Midfielders are a dime a dozen and Treloar is not worth what he'll be asking for. Hopefully that kook KB is right about him going to Richmond.
jackcass Cancer

CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
I'm ambivalent Dave. There are others. Maybe those that aren't convinced about him just aren't bothered posting.

Do you want another poll to ramm down your throat how wrong you are again?
Ah but no - even when u are in the complete minority, you are such a genius that everyone else must have lost it.
Your quite a musterpiece

Treloar is a classy elite decision maker and a hell of a guy and we would all fall in love with him.

Gee thanks.
Stupied 

Pies2016 wrote:
bally12 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:
I don't rate this guy at all, and would be quite happy if we pass on him. He lacks class, size, and his kicking isn't great.

I'd much rather we put more development into Seedsman.

What Games you been Watching?

Sorry Dave, can't see what he's got. What do you see as his weapons? I'm not taking "in and under" as an answer.

Number one would be that he wins the ball. Just about more than anyone else of his age.

He's not specifically in and under. He's in and he's out (wins more disposals outside than in). He has good pace and good skills while not top of the class in either. Decision making is right up there. He is quite strong and has a defensive side to his game and a good tank.

In short he's an all-round midfielder that can do pretty much anything. Reminds me of Joel Selwood but is quicker and less inside oriented. He is the prototype modern mid (forget 190+ that's just a media fad) who can play any midfield role required.

All of these attributes add up to a very good player, which he clearly is, the question will be whether he will be elite. It's likely but I've not seen enough of him to say, I'll back the club on their assessment.

Fair points. I also haven't seen a great deal of him, but my gut feel says let's keep our pick 7.

So just to confirm, you would rather roll the dice on pick 7 in a shallow draft ahead of a pretty accurate description of Treloars ability above ??
I'm not having a crack but picking Treloar is effectively taking the guess work out of finding a quality mid who would be in our starting mid field for next 8 odd years. I will concede that steak knives would also be involved but I'm happy to throw them in also. The last thing we need is a first round pick who ends up being a fringe player given more chances than he deserves. What we really do need is more quality quickly.

To quote the great Peter Griffen:

A boat is a boat, but a mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:34 am

Yep. I'd take Treloar over pick 7. We don't need another first year player. We need another good player who already has a few years in the system and can slot straight into the team.
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:41 am

Dangles wrote:
Yep. I'd take Treloar over pick 7. We don't need another first year player. We need another good player who already has a few years in the system and can slot straight into the team.

Agreed.

However, I think it'll take more than our 1st round pick.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Stupied wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
bally12 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:
I don't rate this guy at all, and would be quite happy if we pass on him. He lacks class, size, and his kicking isn't great.

I'd much rather we put more development into Seedsman.

What Games you been Watching?

Sorry Dave, can't see what he's got. What do you see as his weapons? I'm not taking "in and under" as an answer.

Number one would be that he wins the ball. Just about more than anyone else of his age.

He's not specifically in and under. He's in and he's out (wins more disposals outside than in). He has good pace and good skills while not top of the class in either. Decision making is right up there. He is quite strong and has a defensive side to his game and a good tank.

In short he's an all-round midfielder that can do pretty much anything. Reminds me of Joel Selwood but is quicker and less inside oriented. He is the prototype modern mid (forget 190+ that's just a media fad) who can play any midfield role required.

All of these attributes add up to a very good player, which he clearly is, the question will be whether he will be elite. It's likely but I've not seen enough of him to say, I'll back the club on their assessment.

Fair points. I also haven't seen a great deal of him, but my gut feel says let's keep our pick 7.

So just to confirm, you would rather roll the dice on pick 7 in a shallow draft ahead of a pretty accurate description of Treloars ability above ??
I'm not having a crack but picking Treloar is effectively taking the guess work out of finding a quality mid who would be in our starting mid field for next 8 odd years. I will concede that steak knives would also be involved but I'm happy to throw them in also. The last thing we need is a first round pick who ends up being a fringe player given more chances than he deserves. What we really do need is more quality quickly.

To quote the great Peter Griffen:

A boat is a boat, but a mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!

Or it could be a multiple best and fairest winner.

I can understand how Treloars acquisition divides people and its all healthy debate. I just happen to be in the camp that says go for it.
The opportunity to snare a quality 20 / 21 year old top liner doesn't come along every year and when it does, the market automatically dictates you are likely to pay overs on the first contract. So be it, put him in a good environment and he finishes his career at the Pies.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:58 pm

I wasn't too sure if I wanted him. Now that another club wants him, I want him at our club!!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Dangles wrote:

I'm certainly not averse to trading our picks so that's not my issue. Just haven't seen enough of Treloar to know either way. In Hine we trust!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Only Carlton offer spuds $700,000+ a season.

Do people seriously believe we'd be willing to enter a bidding war on just a good middle of the road midfielder.

That's Greenwood.

The club clearly sees him as a successor to Swan and given that Swan is our leading possession winner for the year and may only have one year left I hope we land him.

If Treloar was to enter the national draft I'd be shocked if he didn't go pick 1.

He certainly wouldn't make it past pick 3.

Either way that trumps our pick 7 and all for a player who has already shown to be a sure bet at AFL level.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:54 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dangles wrote:

I'm certainly not averse to trading our picks so that's not my issue. Just haven't seen enough of Treloar to know either way. In Hine we trust!

strange given your oracle tendencies!

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:32 pm

I see KB followed up yesterday's trolling about Treloar by trying to stir the pot about the Pies again today. I hope Richmond get tossed out of the finals in straight sets. That'll put them back in their place.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:44 pm

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dangles wrote:

strange given your oracle tendencies!

Constantly repeated inaccuracies bring out the best in me
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Straight sets they might only play one final
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 33 of 199   

Jump to: