Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

favourites 2008 wrote:
Treloar at the pies next season. Take it to the bank despite what KB says

How are you so Sure?

FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:53 pm

favourites 2008 wrote:
Treloar at the pies next season. Take it to the bank despite what KB says

Hey Fav2008 why so confident?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:59 pm

bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:
I don't rate this guy at all, and would be quite happy if we pass on him. He lacks class, size, and his kicking isn't great.

I'd much rather we put more development into Seedsman.

What Games you been Watching?

Sorry Dave, can't see what he's got. What do you see as his weapons? I'm not taking "in and under" as an answer.

Then why are you almost the only 1 who does NOT like him?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:13 pm

bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:
I don't rate this guy at all, and would be quite happy if we pass on him. He lacks class, size, and his kicking isn't great.

Sorry Dave, can't see what he's got. What do you see as his weapons? I'm not taking "in and under" as an answer.

Number one would be that he wins the ball. Just about more than anyone else of his age.

He's not specifically in and under. He's in and he's out (wins more disposals outside than in). He has good pace and good skills while not top of the class in either. Decision making is right up there. He is quite strong and has a defensive side to his game and a good tank.

In short he's an all-round midfielder that can do pretty much anything. Reminds me of Joel Selwood but is quicker and less inside oriented. He is the prototype modern mid (forget 190+ that's just a media fad) who can play any midfield role required.

All of these attributes add up to a very good player, which he clearly is, the question will be whether he will be elite. It's likely but I've not seen enough of him to say, I'll back the club on their assessment.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:16 pm

How novel would it be having good decision makers in our team?
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:

I'm judging him here compared to an elite mid, which is what he's been priced at in the market, and what we'll have to pay.

Firstly, I don't think he's in the league of a Dangerfield. Are we saying he's at that level already? No way known.

I'm also a believer that to be elite you need to separate yourself from the competition. You need to bring at least 1 weapon to the table. Swanny is a good example..he didn't look like much at 18 when we drafted him, but he had explosive pace, without which he would not have become the champion we know.

I just can't see anything special in Treloar. A good footballer, yes. An elite mid? Don't think so.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:31 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:

Number one would be that he wins the ball. Just about more than anyone else of his age.

He's not specifically in and under. He's in and he's out (wins more disposals outside than in). He has good pace and good skills while not top of the class in either. Decision making is right up there. He is quite strong and has a defensive side to his game and a good tank.

In short he's an all-round midfielder that can do pretty much anything. Reminds me of Joel Selwood but is quicker and less inside oriented. He is the prototype modern mid (forget 190+ that's just a media fad) who can play any midfield role required.

All of these attributes add up to a very good player, which he clearly is, the question will be whether he will be elite. It's likely but I've not seen enough of him to say, I'll back the club on their assessment.

Fair points. I also haven't seen a great deal of him, but my gut feel says let's keep our pick 7.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:48 pm

Deja Vu wrote:

Or even better - in the coaches box?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:19 pm

bally12 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:

Fair points. I also haven't seen a great deal of him, but my gut feel says let's keep our pick 7.

So just to confirm, you would rather roll the dice on pick 7 in a shallow draft ahead of a pretty accurate description of Treloars ability above ??
I'm not having a crack but picking Treloar is effectively taking the guess work out of finding a quality mid who would be in our starting mid field for next 8 odd years. I will concede that steak knives would also be involved but I'm happy to throw them in also. The last thing we need is a first round pick who ends up being a fringe player given more chances than he deserves. What we really do need is more quality quickly.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:02 am

piedys wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

Ha ha. I'll pay that one.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:33 am

Pies2016 wrote:
bally12 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:

So just to confirm, you would rather roll the dice on pick 7 in a shallow draft ahead of a pretty accurate description of Treloars ability above ??
I'm not having a crack but picking Treloar is effectively taking the guess work out of finding a quality mid who would be in our starting mid field for next 8 odd years. I will concede that steak knives would also be involved but I'm happy to throw them in also. The last thing we need is a first round pick who ends up being a fringe player given more chances than he deserves. What we really do need is more quality quickly.

We won't be paying pick 7 6-700kpa though. maybe we should keep our picks and wait for a quality mid to emerge through FA.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:43 am

Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:

I'm ambivalent Dave. There are others. Maybe those that aren't convinced about him just aren't bothered posting.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:46 am

piedys wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

Gee, I was hoping to get a an opportunity to sit in the coaches box but that'd rule all posters to Nicks out Crying or Very sad
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:49 am

When was this exactly?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:52 am

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:

I'm ambivalent Dave. There are others. Maybe those that aren't convinced about him just aren't bothered posting.

Do you want another poll to ramm down your throat how wrong you are again?
Ah but no - even when u are in the complete minority, you are such a genius that everyone else must have lost it.
Your quite a musterpiece

Treloar is a classy elite decision maker and a hell of a guy and we would all fall in love with him.

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 32 of 199   

Jump to: