Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
BTW not sure how Yagmoor made that list.....

Was technically a zoned Gold Coast player. We had to trade with Gold Coast to get him similar to the Lions had to with Zorko.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:07 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
I am cautious like you on this Stui - talk of 5 x $750K (~7.5% of current salary cap!) has me concerned.

Overpaying can only ever be a benefit in the short term (a la Luke Ball - and even then he extended for unders so it averaged out) and is only relevant really for the final piece or pieces in a premiership puzzle.

Don't shoot me, but you missed White who is ~27 in your KPF analysis. I also think Witts and Cox have some goal-square/goal-kicking potential, especially when the sub rule goes.

The sustained benefit is in getting guys for under their market value. Hine & Co seem to have done okay with this recently:

Shaw > Adams
Beams + late pick > De Goey, Greenwood, Crisp
Lumumba > Varcoe
Dawes > whichever of the 3 SA boys it was

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no big FA/trade (eg Dangerfield or Treloar), but rather the Club looks to improve at the margins through value deals, eg maybe Suckling as an FA.

Dude

The > or < principle is easy. The pointy bit points to the smaller part of the equation. Pointy = small.

You're saying the Shaw is GREATER than Adams.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:15 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Love how people go to stats and back there whole argument based on that... seriously, good avg player at best and personally would have him for 300 -400k for 2-3 years NO MORE, other than that, he can GTFO

Apparently, the entire coaching panel sees him differently, which is a very good thing.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:58 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
I am cautious like you on this Stui - talk of 5 x $750K (~7.5% of current salary cap!) has me concerned.

Overpaying can only ever be a benefit in the short term (a la Luke Ball - and even then he extended for unders so it averaged out) and is only relevant really for the final piece or pieces in a premiership puzzle.

Don't shoot me, but you missed White who is ~27 in your KPF analysis. I also think Witts and Cox have some goal-square/goal-kicking potential, especially when the sub rule goes.

The sustained benefit is in getting guys for under their market value. Hine & Co seem to have done okay with this recently:

Shaw > Adams
Beams + late pick > De Goey, Greenwood, Crisp
Lumumba > Varcoe
Dawes > whichever of the 3 SA boys it was

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no big FA/trade (eg Dangerfield or Treloar), but rather the Club looks to improve at the margins through value deals, eg maybe Suckling as an FA.

Dude

The > or < principle is easy. The pointy bit points to the smaller part of the equation. Pointy = small.

You're saying the Shaw is GREATER than Adams.

Sorry if I confused you dude. I was using > as an arrow.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:16 am

inxs88 wrote:
Based on the vibe here, it seems people suggest we play the conservative card and recruit young, develop our own and not take any risks in "adding" alternate club talent to our list. Sounds like the views of the old Collingwood Committees of the 1970's and 1990's whom through conservative practices missed out on:

1. Bernie Quinlan
2. Kevin Bartlett
3. Craig Bradley
4. Paul Roos
5. Tony Lockett
6. Nicky Winmar

Treloar is a dead set 22 year old gun with 200 matches ahead of him, great speed, endurance and disposal who'll offer us more than old fashioned mid field grunt we tend to attract from other clubs:

(anyone remember Russell Ohlsen, Mike Woolnough, Ian Low, David Young, Gerald Betts, Tom Floyd, Jon Hummel, Graeme Atkins, Stephen Roach, Allan Davis, Greg Smith, Peter Bradbury, Brett Yorgey, Tony Elshaug, Murray Wrensted, Tony Woods, Brad Hardie, Barry Mitchell, Justin Stariski, Robert Pyman, John Barnett, Shannon Gibson, Stuart Mangin, Tyson Lane, Ricky Olaren "unsure", Andrew Ukovic, Cahd Rintoul, Carl Steinfort, Shane Woewodin,Anthony Corrie, Simon Buckley, Peter Yagmoor, Jordan Russell, Clinton Young) to name a few!!

Let's go for talent!!!

No-one is saying dont trade just is Treloar worth trading for.
I am trying to forget the incompetent administration we had in the past.
Look at the last decade we have traded well Ball and Jolly meant 2010 GF
Clinton Youngs body lets him down no-one doubts his ability.
Also Woewodin was a Brownlow winner so had talent and alot of help from Shane Charters.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:15 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

Sorry if I confused you dude. I was using > as an arrow.

As you were then.

We have done well upgrading (or breaking even) against the players we have lost over the past few years. Shaw is probably the one who we have a role for - another creative player out of the back line, but Adams addresses a critical need to our team.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:18 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
I'm with you Stui, can't see the hype and really cant understand any talk of throwing money at him

I haven't seen enough of him but did pose the question over on BF about a comparison with O'Rourke. Both highly hyped, both high draft selections with Treloar being pre-draft and O'Rourke being pick 2. Yet for all the O'Rourke hype he hasn't had an impact at the Hawks thus far in 2015.

Caddy is another example, hardly setting the world on fire at the cattery, although granted he was only pick 7

Not really sure what point you two are trying to make.

Treloar is miles ahead of O'Rourke as a player and well ahead of Caddy.

Just highlighting that trading a highly hyped 21-22 year old may not provide the immediate boost you expect or ever deliver on the hype. The hype on both Caddy and O'Rourke equally had them ahead of others.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Look, I have absolutely no issue with paying/trading to get good players. I just don't know much about Treloar except the hype that we're apparently willing to pay big coin for him. Hence the thread, Wilbur. Razz

What i've learned so far is that he is a good midfielder, probably very good. But nothing I've read here tells me he's a star.

So maybe we have to pay overs to get a player to leave where they are, I get that, but the club needs to be smart about it and I trust they will be.

Mids can kick on and star much faster than KPP, they develop faster. Cloke is 28, Darcy Moore is 19. By the time Moore is physically ready to start being the main main up forward Cloke will be either gone or going. Apart from Gault we have ZERO young KPP talent on the list while we have a metric buttload of running players.

So, if we're going to spend serious coin on a midfielder he better be very fkn good. Is Treloar? I don't know. But, we really need to refresh our young KPP stocks.

Exactly.
Macedonian Marvel #35 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Treloar is a jet and well worth the coin
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:39 pm

When is Treloar not a jet and well worth the coin?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Macedonian Marvel #35 wrote:

Yep - Though is it worth what he would have to Trade to get him?

Macedonian Marvel #35 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Macedonian Marvel #35 wrote:

Yep - Though is it worth what he would have to Trade to get him?

What do you think it would take? Would just Witts suffice? Or would a draft pick have to be thrown their way?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Some of you are at risk of looking fairly silly when Witts wins 4 Norm Smiths in a row. I just hope it's at Colllingwood.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:21 pm

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
I'm with you Stui, can't see the hype and really cant understand any talk of throwing money at him

I haven't seen enough of him but did pose the question over on BF about a comparison with O'Rourke. Both highly hyped, both high draft selections with Treloar being pre-draft and O'Rourke being pick 2. Yet for all the O'Rourke hype he hasn't had an impact at the Hawks thus far in 2015.

Caddy is another example, hardly setting the world on fire at the cattery, although granted he was only pick 7

Just highlighting that trading a highly hyped 21-22 year old may not provide the immediate boost you expect or ever deliver on the hype. The hype on both Caddy and O'Rourke equally had them ahead of others.

Yeah but the hype surrounding Treloar is actually based on his output.

All O'Rourke has to his name is being a former No.2 pick.

Treloar is already a better player than Caddy.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:07 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Yeah but the hype surrounding Treloar is actually based on his output.

All O'Rourke has to his name is being a former No.2 pick.

Treloar is already a better player than Caddy.

Is that the (so far) 35 disposal, 11 clearance, 7 tackle, 1 goal Josh Caddy who is beating Footscray on his own as we speak, or are we discussing some other less-accomplished Josh Caddy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 4 of 199   

Jump to: