Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billy_picken25 Cancer

billy_picken25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Elephant in the room — Dogs are the only club showing any interest in Treloar and it comes with a massive caveat. This speaks volumes about Treloar. I’f he was so good, other clubs (particularly Essendon, Norf and Saints, would be right into him. But they’re not, and the only club has shown they only want him at an absolute bargain price.

So who were the clowns who signed him up for five years on 900k per?

The dealers have set this up to be chaos, I think chaos is achieved with overpaying & long contracts, this is creating conflict in the team and among the supporters.

We will move the ball like treacle without treloar and only sidey.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:45 pm

sherrife wrote:
I don't understand why we didn't just sit the players down in a room, show them the maths, and ask them - especially the best paid - to take a cut for the sake of team cohesion and continuity. A few percent from each player shouldn't be a big deal, surely.

For all we know, that's exactly what they did, but maybe the players and/or their managers told the club where to go.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Just saw this, surely this can't be how low we've reached. Bulldogs offering future second round pick????
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:54 pm

makri wrote:
Just saw this, surely this can't be how low we've reached. Bulldogs offering future second round pick????

if they pick up all of his salary, then why not?
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Mr Makri- I could not agree more- Hopefully (and I say this with every digit crossed) this trade period marks the nadir of our incompetence in managing the playing list and as a consequence our salary cap.

We continue to buy in players in the twilight of their careers on long-term contracts and ignore the lads we have drafted.

Tyler Brown missed long stretches this year, Nathan Murphy played three very solid games in 2018 and has not played since- Rantall is a gut-runner who didn't get a chance this year- Bianco is a gifted ball user who could not displace Josh Thomas from the senior 22.I love and respect Ben Reid but why, oh, why did he get extended into this year??? Moving forward make a tough call on Greenwood and Mayne- one or there other, but not both.

Less 'touchy-feely' stuff around the playing list Bucks and more ruthlessness in selection and list-management.

By the way, given that we can have a list with as few as 37 players on it in 2021, delist a few more of the fringe players (Wills/Appleby/Lynch/) and pick up some rookies until the cancer of this overpayment of players is rooted out.

Utterly gobsmacked by what I'm hearing, even if some is fake news

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:03 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
makri wrote:

We are getting screwed if we fall for this shit, and the tragedy is we dont even know it, not us, the powers that be, my membership is looking more and more doubtful now, very much so. And there must be many members thinking the same on higher memberships than mine. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Or we overrate our players, and second round picks are all Treloar and Stephenson are really worth? 🤷‍♂️
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
makri wrote:

That's not what is being reported. Collingwood being asked to chip in $300k per year.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Or we overrate our players, and second round picks are all Treloar and Stephenson are really worth? 🤷‍♂️

Turn it up, i can see Stevo going to another club and kicking six match winning goals against us one day, hes still young, sure he had a rotten year, but Hub life obviously did not suit him. plus other issues, we would be bat shit crazy to trade him. As for Adam, the whole thing is just one allmighty cockup, clustercluck, from what i have heard, very disappointing all round. Surprised

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Turn it up, i can see Stevo going to another club and kicking six match winning goals against us one day, hes still young, sure he had a rotten year, but Hub life obviously did not suit him. plus other issues, we would be bat shit crazy to trade him. As for Adam, the whole thing is just one allmighty cockup, clustercluck, from what i have heard, very disappointing all round. Surprised

Turn it up to eleven, you wanted to trade Sidebottom and Grundy!
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

What if your completely wrong & he doesn’t what then?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:38 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Elephant in the room — Dogs are the only club showing any interest in Treloar and it comes with a massive caveat. This speaks volumes about Treloar. I’f he was so good, other clubs (particularly Essendon, Norf and Saints, would be right into him. But they’re not, and the only club has shown they only want him at an absolute bargain price.

So who were the clowns who signed him up for five years on 900k per?

The same clowns who signed a ruckman to a $1 million a year for 7 year deal which has completely �$%$ed our cap. A player who’d be lucky to get 5 years at 750k now.

THIS ^^^^^

Is the spark that got the fire going. Grundy’s extortion tactics have stuffed us right up. A few of us wanted him to go to Adelaide instead of putting pressure on our salary cap. We could have got another ruckman who would have done alright. Terrible administration mistake that Collingwood will pay heavily for🤬

Last edited by Lazza on Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:40 pm

Considering we just gave up Stevo for a second rounder then a future 3rd rounder gets the job done. This club is done. Shut the doors.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Haff wrote:
Considering we just gave up Stevo for a second rounder then a future 3rd rounder gets the job done. This club is done. Shut the doors.

but...but...but....we have Grundy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Turn it up to eleven, you wanted to trade Sidebottom and Grundy!

Thats utter crap, Sidebottom yes, after his fiasco, but i never, ever wanted to trade Grundy, i said all along his form fell away cos he was never rested, not once, in this Hub year, he was exhausted at the end. we over worked him, at NO stage did i ever want Grundy traded, ever. Get your facts right before mouthing off on here, ok. Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 197 of 199   

Jump to: