Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
How good is the Weideman kid?
Can DTM answer that or anybody who has some knowledge.
Because I know nothing about him.

Best mark in the TAC, but can't kick, probably will go to the Pies on that.

If thats the case and you take a tall you take him.....the one thing you absolutely cannot teach is good hands....and being able to kick it rates second to actually being able to get hold of it.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
I reckon it'll be easy enough to find another second or early third round pick to cover the points. We've got a few players who could be shopped around and if worse comes to worse, then I can't see Adelaide passing on Ben Kennedy for their second pick. We don't know what Shaz will do either.

Is it 3 list changes or 3 national draft picks including rookie upgrades? I know you have to delist at least 3, but not sure if trades count towards the 3 you have to bring onto the senior list.

Abbott might be upgradable anyway or Hine could keep a pick up his sleeve to see if someone slips through. There's also delisted free agents and that Hampton kid from GWS we've been linked too. Lots of options.

It's 3 players off the senior list.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Oh no, are you kidding me .... not another first round pick who can't kick.
We just can't have a whole team of schoolboy kickers ... it is ridiculous!!!
Quick get the Benny Hill Music out.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Hey guys is there an echo inside this thread or is it "Tommy two times from Goodfellas"??
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Just out of left field and its NOT something I am advocating but it would be interesting to see the currency that Freeman attracts if he was floated as a possible trade.
He hasn't re signed and breaking into the team only becomes more difficult if Treloar makes his way to the Pies.

F W I W, The kid only lives a few doors away, I certainly don't want him going anywhere.

Doubt he'd carry much trade weight, given his horrific history of injuries.

I'm still open to trading Scharenberg. He's certainly composed on the field, but is rather slow and I've never seen him hurt the opposition much in all the VFL games he's played. I actually prefer Oxley.

He'd carry ample weight as a steak knife I'd imagine for any deal and I'm pretty certain some club would give up a pick under 25 for him.

Injuries haven't allowed him as yet to display his talent that saw him go at pick 10 but it doesn't mean he's lost it either.

I'd rather keep him anyway unless something really good would come of his departure.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:04 pm

swoop42 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Just out of left field and its NOT something I am advocating but it would be interesting to see the currency that Freeman attracts if he was floated as a possible trade.
He hasn't re signed and breaking into the team only becomes more difficult if Treloar makes his way to the Pies.

F W I W, The kid only lives a few doors away, I certainly don't want him going anywhere.

Doubt he'd carry much trade weight, given his horrific history of injuries.

I'm still open to trading Scharenberg. He's certainly composed on the field, but is rather slow and I've never seen him hurt the opposition much in all the VFL games he's played. I actually prefer Oxley.

He'd carry ample weight as a steak knife I'd imagine for any deal and I'm pretty certain some club would give up a pick under 25 for him.

Injuries haven't allowed him as yet to display his talent that saw him go at pick 10 but it doesn't mean he's lost it either.

I'd rather keep him anyway unless something really good would come of his departure.

Gee not a lot of loyalty on this site. One game and we are seeking a trade for Scharenberg!! Wow!

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm talking about Freeman.

Scharenberg only traded if he requests it.

Most likely the same will apply to Freeman.

Some of Witts, Kennedy, Oxley and Seedsman are the ones I'd look to trade for picks, points or players to seal a deal for Treloar, Motlop or to enable us to keep our first round selection which might end up being pick 7.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:30 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Oh no, are you kidding me .... not another first round pick who can't kick.
We just can't have a whole team of schoolboy kickers ... it is ridiculous!!!
Quick get the Benny Hill Music out.

That was my point, wouldn't think the p1ss and p00p would look at him on that basis.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:42 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Can't agree with this at all.

I reckon Oxley is the softest player on our list and he's certainly not as good as Shaz in a one on one contest. There's also the fact that Ox is 22 and Shaz just 19.
They've both had their development stalled by injuries, but Ox had a pretty good preseason with Shaz coming off a knee reco.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah, Sharenberg has Oxley covered in every aspect. I have no doubt he will be a gem.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:31 pm

Think what Oxley ahs done this year after 18 months out of senior football has been a revelation!. Think he should garner a tad more kudos! He does 3 things that 80% of our list can't do:

1. kick
2. mark
3. run fast

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Can't agree with this at all.

I reckon Oxley is the softest player on our list and he's certainly not as good as Shaz in a one on one contest. There's also the fact that Ox is 22 and Shaz just 19.
They've both had their development stalled by injuries, but Ox had a pretty good preseason with Shaz coming off a knee reco.

To be honest, I'm probably being a bit harsh on Scharenberg, primarily because I think he's heading back to Adelaide and I don't want to invest any emotional energy in him. For him to tell the club he wouldn't be considering his contract until he began playing senior footy just sounds like a lame bullsh*t excuse. I might be wrong, but I'm not going to embrace him until he embraces Collingwood.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Why would Scharenberg be going anywhere? The guy has just been nursed through severe injuries by the club who has stood by him. He would have to be one hell of a shit bloke to ask to be traded and I don't think he is.

I wonder if the team is still looking attractive enough for Treloar to want to come and pay for us? I hope so, he would be a big improvement to our stagnant midfield. I don't think his skills are elite yet but I think his technique is steady enough that it can be developed into elite. Penetration & accuracy over 45m+ is the key to becoming an elite kick, not how accurate your dinky 25m kicks can be.........Mr Sidebottom!

TBH I would like us to start targeting quality forwards, what is the point of player development if the team still cannot score?

MONCO: Your life.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:45 pm

I agree - what is the point of Sidebottom giving them the ball 14 times a quarter if they can't do anything with it?
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Talk around we're still into Aish also.

No surprise as Hine would still rate him highly like in his draft year.

Disregard his performances this season.

He and Treloar would give us some outside polish delivering into the forward line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 18 of 199   

Jump to: