Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Ads (not Adz), most of the team is over-handballing because opposition have worked out how to pressure us. Shorter grounds don’t help, we might see an improvement playing at the longer Optus ground. I can’t remember the stats last time we played WC (and got flogged) but we might have kicked the ball more but turned it over just as much as our handballs. Opposition pressure, gets in their heads.

What I want to see Treloar do is kick the ball forwards, not backwards.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:19 pm

I’m not sure why we should be expecting too much from Treloar in 2020 given the two setbacks he has endured. He did both his hamstring and then calf on the eve of the season and then re did his hamstring half way into this season again. Hardly ideal preparation amongst everything else, if you’re looking to get the best out of yourself.
Prior to that, he was fourth in our B + F in 2019 ( just behind Crisp ) and third in 2017.
Hopefully some on here will forgive his 2018 season when he did both hammies In the one incident.
He’s definitely an outside mid and if we ever did consolidate another quality inside mid, then Treloar would be a major beneficiary of that exercise.
He has had a poor year by his standards but there’s enough recent history to suggest he’s not going to badly when he’s fully fit and firing

Also re the O P, just for clarity sake, three of the seven players that were suggested we may have missed out on were academy / zone selections. Hopper, Hipwood and Perryman weren’t going anywhere else.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Doing some actual damage with ball in hand more than once a fortnight would probably be good, for a midfield runner on his money. You don't give up two early first-round picks and a 6-year deal on his salary for someone who accumulates possessions and handballs backwards a lot.

He was the player you want him to be when we gave up two first round picks. He hasn’t been the same since his double hammies and expecting him to be is unrealistic. His best now is as good as he gets.

He might have been the player you and others wanted him to be. I was never impressed with him.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
To be fair to Ads (not Adz), most of the team is over-handballing because opposition have worked out how to pressure us. Shorter grounds don’t help, we might see an improvement playing at the longer Optus ground. I can’t remember the stats last time we played WC (and got flogged) but we might have kicked the ball more but turned it over just as much as our handballs. Opposition pressure, gets in their heads.

What I want to see Treloar do is kick the ball forwards, not backwards.

Treloar has been handball happy pretty much since his debut with GWS.

2018 was our biggest 'handball' year. Teams have broken this game style down since with pressure football and set up changes at stoppages. This exposes us further when we don't have the cattle to allow us to execute this craft effectively.
Treloar is the only one of our mids with a kick to handball deficit since then. What you get with this is a lack of penetration and choppy play.

You know who else handballs a lot and puts teammates under pressure? Yep, old Tommy Langdon. The amount of contributions he's made to opposition pressure acts is damning.

I'd like to blame them into sucking Callum Brown into this kick to handball deficit. We'll ruin this blokes career at this rate.

Even Sidey has become less effective as his kick to handball ratio get lopsided. He's probably our best kick, why not use your greatest weapon more often and put players into space or retain possession from hitting teammates on the chest.

Dayne Swan had a high handball rate but not to the detriment of his kicking. He made better decisions when it came to this together with his ability to run into space and create play being second to none.

But I digress. This afflication lays squarely at the feet of the mid-field coaching staff. And, guess who else had a kick to handball deficit? Yep, you guessed it again, Robert Harvey.
Seriously, if Robert Harvey is to blame and I suspect he is, get this out of our game plan and I reckon we'll have a 40% drop in clangers from turnovers from errant handballs.

Harrumph!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:20 pm

FFS. Rolling Eyes
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:46 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS. Rolling Eyes

Any specifics, or is that just a general FFS to everything?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:18 pm

Sorry Laurie but you lost points for not adding a dig at Bucks for failing to handball his instructions to the assistant coaches to instruct the players not to handball.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:02 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Doing some actual damage with ball in hand more than once a fortnight would probably be good, for a midfield runner on his money. You don't give up two early first-round picks and a 6-year deal on his salary for someone who accumulates possessions and handballs backwards a lot.

What is his salary? Surely much less than $7 million for accumulating hit outs that go straight to the oppo.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:05 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Was the post a tad too cerebral for you? Maybe read it again.

You reckon your posts are "cerebral"?! Shocked
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:07 pm
Post subject: Re: Adam Treloar ChallengeReply with quote

David wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

Hope he sees this bro. Wink

David, players should be banned from the internet for their own sake.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:10 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
His role needs to be outside. A Wellingham, Caracella type. Caracella was a run and handball type but Treloar handballs at the twice rate of these two.
'tis why I questioned if he would be greater value if he dropped some kg's and tried the wing next year.

I just don't see how you think he could play any lighter. He'd look like a shorter Stephenson.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 pm

K wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

What is his salary? Surely much less than $7 million for accumulating hit outs that go straight to the oppo.

You'd obviously be very surprised.

I have repeatedly and extensively articulated my concerns about Treloar - first about recruiting him at all and then about what I perceive to be his shortcomings. People are entitled to their own views, of course - but I do get the feeling that people are not much interested in the detail or in analysing, play by play, what Treloar does with the ball when he gets it. He's a role-player occupying a position that needs to be filled a bona fide match-winner.

As for the repeated snipes at Grundy, why don't you call up Scott and ask which side he'd rather have had Thor playing on in last year's Qualifying Final?

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:23 pm

Oh... It's not much less than that? Shocked

I guess I have to search for it now...

Update: more than $650,000 per season for 6 years. That is much less (though 2015 rates and 2020 rates are different)! And not much more than Cox's $550,000 per season, though for longer.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:42 pm

The noise, before the deal, when North and Richmond wanted him, was that the Collingwood contract offer to get Treloar from GWS was between $700K and $750K. He was given a 6-year deal.

Hilariously, we refused to trade Witts to GWS as part of the deal (which is what they actually wanted) and then let Wittsy go to Gold Coast for picks 44 and 62 the following year. That's not Treloar's fault, of course.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:43 pm

And now Witts is club captain.

(But so was Dayne.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 141 of 199   

Jump to: